1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Weekly Prompt Thread

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by WavePearl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Aw, that was very sweet--a little more description would really make this come alive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

A festival is in town, and your characters join in the fun!

3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

It's family game night for your characters--what games do they play?

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Friends' night out

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Your character finds a really fun and addicting game in their app store of choice--what is the game?

6. Clipsy Chan

Clipsy Chan School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.8
    Okie, I'm gonna do the most recent prompt.

Prompt: Your character finds a really fun and addicting game in their app store of choice--what is the game?

I'm gonna use my Sylveon Gijinka OC.
    (Please don't judge me for this, it's a great game. Also my writing's usually better than this, I promise.)

Benjamin collapsed onto his bed, overcome with boredom. He looked blankly at the pink ceiling of his bedroom as he let out a disgruntled sigh.

"So bored!" He groaned as he rolled onto his side. In an attempt to entertain himself, he pulled out his phone and searched through his playlist for something to listen to. Another moan erupted from the boy as he failed to find anything that caught his interest. "I've already listened to these songs a million times." He whined. He opened his app store and began scrolling through suggested apps, just to give his hands something to do. Suddenly his eyes stopped on something; the logo had a picture of a cute, bright anime girl with a bow in her hair. It looked familiar; hadn't he heard of it before? With an apathetic shrug, he clicked on the app. Might as well try it out. He watched impatiently as the app downloaded, opening it up right away. He was greeted by the cute sound of feminine Japanese voices, singing a catchy tune. "What the heck am I getting myself into?" Benjamin asked himself as he made an account and started playing. It didn't take him long to be absorbed by the cuteness and fun of the rhythm-based game. He played for hours, completely losing track of time. The deed had been done; it wouldn't take long for the game to take control of his life. He had become a Love Live fangirl.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @[member="Clipsy Chan"]

I was into that too, but I stopped because it got too hard too fast--but the songs are really good!

You are not required to write on the week's prompt if you don't want to--any prompt in the thread may be used at any time.

Clipsy Chan likes this.
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

I've been looking forward to this all week

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Trick or treating with friends.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

It's time to vote for the first field trip of the year--so where would your character(s) like to go?

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Your characters are on their way to the Alola region!

12. Clipsy Chan

Clipsy Chan School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.8
    I'm gonna do a prompt from early in October 'cuz why not?

Prompt: It's family game night for your characters--what games do they play?

I'm gonna write it more like "friend game night" than "family fame night," I hope that's ok. (Also these characters are all my gijinkas, just to give a little context)

"Alright, let's do this!" The over-enthusiastic Flareon stood on a chair in the middle of the room, beaming down at the others. "This is our first game night together, so let's make it count! Who wants to pick the first game?"
    "Ooh, Flare, pick me!" The small Sylveon boy raised his hand energetically. "How 'bout we play hide and seek?" Flare didn't seem too keen on the idea.
    "Not to be rude, Benny boy, but don't you think we should play a less childish game?"
    "Oh, come on Flare, humor him a little!" The lovely Espeon girl spoke up, wearing her usual, friendly smile. "Just a few rounds, then we can play something more fit to your taste."
    "I don't know." Flare groaned.
    "Pleeeease?" Benjamin begged, giving Flare puppy eyes. A sigh erupted from the hesitant Flareon as he responded,
    "Fine, but only a few rounds."
    "If you think hiding is too childish, why don't you be the seeker?" Suggested the Jolteon who was leaning against the wall a few feet away. Instantly Flare turned to him and answered,
    "N-no, that's alright! I wouldn't want to hurt Benny's feelings, now would I?" He couldn't help but smile as he thought of all the great hiding places he could find in the big house. A unanimous chuckle filled the room.
    "Well, in that case, I'll seek. You'd better pick a good hiding place, I don't want to find you too easily." The counting began, and the group dispersed. That night, Flare learned that you're never too old to play hide and seek.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @[member="Clipsy Chan"]; You can tweak the prompt as long as it somewhat fits the basic theme, which this does.

Clipsy Chan likes this.
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

A new region brings new adventures.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week

Learning the language of Alola

16. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    Learning the language of Alola

Oh, this is great. I'm going to take a swack at this.

Jack promised himself he would try to keep up with Lillie and Hau. If he got distracted for even a moment, he would lose track of the only two people he knew on the island. Lillie had said she wanted to show Jack around, and Hau wanted to get something to eat. Jack was a bit more hungry than he wanted to wander around, so he was hoping they came across a restaurant before anything else. Hau suddenly stopped and grabbed Lillie's shoulder. He pointed at a store that said, "Malasada Shop." Jack walked up to ask what a Malasada was, but by then, Hau already headed for the shop. Jack turned to ask Lillie where Hau was going, but the white maiden had already vanished. All Jack could do was grumble to himself for getting lost. He decided to go into the shop to find Hau. He nearly ran into a woman, passing by.

"Excusa mi," Jack mumbled.
    "You're not from around here, are you," The woman asked.

Jack shrugged. He wasn't sure what gave that away. Was it his skin? Was it his accent? Was it the fact that English wasn't even his first language?

"I can tell," The woman smiled. "Let me show you the proper way to greet someone in Alola!"

She waved her arms around in a half circle.

"Alola," She said.

Jack made the same motion with a raised eyebrow. This is a lot more uncomfortable than cheek kissing strangers, he thought. Jack thought he heard someone say his name. He saw Hau, waving a half eaten pastry wrapped in paper.

"A-Hola," Jack said, waving his hands around, like the woman had told him.

Hau stood there with a raised eyebrow. Somehow Jack felt like he had been lied to and now made a fool of himself.

"I was told people here do this here," Jack said, panicking.
    "Soooo...What do you think," Hau said, handing Jack the other pastry he had in his hand. "Hau'oli is something, eh?"
    "It's okay," Jack said, with a shrug. "It's kinda like Cyllage only warmer and it doesn't have a cliff side."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Not bad--I take it Jack is originally from Kalos?

18. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    Yep.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Seeing Sina and Dexio in Sun/Moon made me smile, so it was a cool idea to make your character from Kalos too.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

It's finals time, and your character would rather do anything other than study