1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Weekly Prompt Thread

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by WavePearl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Remembering an old friend

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Prompt is extended this week

3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

It's your character's birthday

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

If anything can go wrong, it will

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Owning up to a mistake

Lunar-Peacle likes this.
  6. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    (A novelisation for my Emerald run. My character's name is Illya)

The seas of Hoenn was once peaceful, with the waves playfully running along the surface. Wingulls and Pelippers would be gliding about, catching stray Tentacool or other stray marine Pokémon.

But now, it was a great downpour. Rain fell relentlessly, bulleting down the roof, rocks and reeds. Thunder crashed once or twice. As if that wasn't terrifying enough, the waves rumbled about, crashing into the shores with enough force to shatter a seaside boulder.

The answers were in the heart of Sootopolis city.

Frightened citizens could only watch the battle between two behemoths only ever present in legends of the region.

On a large rock in the midst of water was a red bodied beast, Groudon, the Titan of the land. His roar echoed throughout the island, sending terrified children clinging to their mothers.

Opposite Groudon in the comfort of the cold sea water was a giant whale with red markings. It was none other than Kyogre, the Titan of the sea.

As the battle raged on, standing near the edge of the little island hosting the Gym was Maxie, the leader of Team Magma, and Archie of Team Aqua.

"This shouldn't have happened. " Maxie muttered. "It's still that girl Illya's fault! She awakened Groudon just as I was about to! And this rain. You have awoken Kyogre as well! " The anger in Maxie's face was nearing boiling point, as his face was white ad his fists were tightly clenched.

Archie on the other hand, was silent. He had realised his error seconds after he "awakened " Kyogre. He had thought that Illya was to blame, but she herself was caught in the struggle between the two sides. "It must have been something to do with the orbs. If not...we might have been at fault all along... "

"Both of you, enough! " a third voice cried out. It was a silver haired man in a black tuxedo and a red cravat, Steven Stone. Another voice spoke, it was a man with turquoise hair and shirt as well as violet pants. Wallace was his name. "We'll settle this later. Illya will be back soon with help. Because of you both, she's cleaning up the mess you left behind! " Looking almost guiltily, he had sent Illya on her own to get help. If Steven had trusted her, so must he.

The bosses said nothing, but Maxie intervened. "If it hadn't been for her meddling, we wouldn't have to have resorted to this! "

"You would have taken this measure without her intervention anyway! " bellowed Archie.

Their arguments were halted when they saw a Swellow emerge from the clouds. On it was a girl around eighteen, in a grey shirt and olive green pants. She looked tired, drenched and about to fall over any minute.

As she landed, the Swellow shook itself dry as the girl descended. Steven ran over to her. "Well, Illya, where is Rayquaza? "

Illya spoke between gasps. "It's coming soon... "

Sure enough, a ray of light shot down from the heavens. A majestic green draconian creature made its way down towards the belligerents. Both Groudon and Kyogre looked up at the creature.

"Impossible... " Archie murmured.

"So that is Rayquaza... " Maxie muttered.

Rayquaza let out a piercing screech. As if understanding it, both Groudon and Kyogre retreated from the battlefield, one into the cracks of the earth, the other into the depths of the ocean.

The ocean regained its calm, the rain subsided as sunlight made its appearance once more.

Upon watching the scene, Illya's knees buckled under her, as she was terrified as well as exhausted. Worriedly, Steven asked "Are you alright? " which she replied with a nod.

Wallace nodded at the two bosses. "If it hadn't been for her, we'd all have been doomed." Archie and Maxie nodded as they approached Illya. The Swellow opened its beak threateningly but Illya waved it off. "Hush. Skyler. "

"It's apparent that we have been trying to do something meaningless to Pokémon. " Archie spoke. "Our misguided goals have blinded us to the impending consequences."

Maxie's expression was still full of anger and denial. However, after a nudge by Archie, he spoke. "It was our fault. We had the wrong orbs and ideas. And Rayquaza had brought things back to when things hadn't changed at all. Fufufu... " Maxie let out a chuckle, apparently abashed by his own actions and needed a young woman to make things right.

"I suppose you both know where you need to go? " Wallace inquired almost innocently.

Giving each other an encouraging nod, Archie and Maxie both took off on his Sharpedo.

"It looks like they're heading to Mount Pyre to return the orbs. " said Steven as he watched them go. Smiling to himself, he turned to Illya, who was now asleep on her Swellow's back. The crisis was averted, the teams have discovered their errors. That was all she needed to know for now.

(Hope it was alright)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    That was great--perfect way to celebrate OR/AS

Lunar-Peacle likes this.
  8. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    A short story of my Galvantula gijinka Lizalia and my Chandelure Gijinka Loizeylett, you can sort of gain their pasts and personalities from context since I won't put bios uvu""))

Lizalia threw down her small box of tools onto the earthy soil near her with a clatter. Her electric pistol had been finished and with that she wouldn't turn to another mechanizism. After all, the Galvantula had lost her dear little sister because of a failed contraption of hers. Ever since the Joltik's death, Lizalia vowed not to create anymore machinery. But one other Pokémon was keeping this vow from being carried out somce recently, and it had become more of breaking a habit.

Loizeylett, an up-tight Chandelure she had met only a month ago had become Lizalia's closest friend despite their differentiating views and opinions. Loizeylett had somehow wormed her way into revoking Lizalia's promise to her desceased sister, making her deduct her guilt from her spirits slowly. "Come now, you know she wouldn't want this, Spider."

Loizeylett folded her arms and pursed her lips, Lizalia sighed and laid back on the ground behind her. "You have a point but... it was my fault in the end right? Every time I make something it weighs on my conscience." Lizalia spoked, keeping a faltering light-hearted tone. Loizeylett knew her Galvantula friend was stubborn, but she was certain that being a technician was Lizalia's drive and passion. The pig-tailed blonde just wasn't herself without her mechanisims.

There was a moment of silence before the Chandelure spoke again, and then she started fast and sharp- how she always did when she was rather irritated; "It wasn't your fault. You didn't cause her to die. Sure, your machines did but it certainly wasn't you! That wasn't your mistake!" Her voice raised. The female Galvantula looked at her companion in surprise, she knew Loizeylett was snippy but she never got so upset over another Pokémon. "You might be right." Lizalia said, pushing herself off the ground and into a sitting position- she didn't mind the dirt staining her clothes. "I am right." Loizeylett responded.

Lizalia chuckled at her friend's moodyness and looked at the sky above them in thought. "Maybe if I make more machines... They'll get even better and I can make payment for my past inadequecy." Loizeylett watched the clouds she believed Lizalia was gazing at and didn't respond. The female Chandelure was picky with when she gave her opinion and when she did not.

But if she went silent, if often meant she agreed.

"Fair is fair, I'm glad you're back in spirits, but I'm not going to help you, you know. I don't like the dirt." Loizeylett teased, twirling a strand of her hair. Lizalia laughed silently, surely her companion would never change. "I wasn't going to ask you to, afterall, you've got your own goals to worry about...Lamp."

"We'll reach them together, Spider, no more mistakes with those silly contraptions, got it?"

Lunar-Peacle likes this.
  9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

Everyone's obsessed with the newest hot cartoon--except your character. What does your character not like about the show? Do they eventually cave and learn to love it, or is its time slot thirty minutes of torture?

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Prompt is extended for a week

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

It was only a movie.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

You're grounded

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

A hard decision to make.

14. IcyKali

IcyKali Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    A/N: I don't really know where I was going with this, or if it's okay to post it or not. But I felt like writing this pairing, and I've been trying to think of an idea for answering a prompt on here....

Shauna hesitated outside Coiffure Clips. It was a beautiful, clear evening, but the bright lights of Lumiose City overpowered the stars. Aw... it totally ruins the mood... she thought. Clemont really overdid it with all this. She held the giant-sized Pink Juice Shake in both hands, and it still felt too big. She wondered how anyone could drink the shake. But if a little of what you love is great, then a lot is even better! she decided.

Shauna gazed, transfixed, into the salon. Inside, Serena had that peaceful smile on her face. She was leaning back, looking totally relaxed as the stylist ran her hands through Serena's voluminous black hair.

I wish Serena didn't get so many colors, thought Shauna. I like the natural her the best. Her hair's just like the sky at midnight. Suddenly, the stylist leaned down over Serena and almost brushed her lips against Serena's hair. Shauna's grip on the shake she was holding tightened until her knuckles turned white. Her entire body stiffened. She waited for an excruciating two seconds before the stylist stood back up again.

Shauna let out the breath she had been holding with a whistle. Wow. It's a good thing that the shake's in glass, or I might have crushed it! Why can't I be so strong all the time?

It was no secret that Shauna wasn't the ideal Pokémon Trainer. She would smile when she lost, and just say that she wanted to experience new things, but that wasn't really true. She wanted to be a trainer just like her friend Calem, but even he would look down at her with disapproving looks when she played with her Pokémon in Amie ten times as much as she actually trained them, but what was she supposed to do? She wanted a strong bond with her Pokémon--no, her friends.

Shauna looked away from Serena getting her beautiful hair clipped and looked up at the sky. Still no stars were visible. Stars are kinda like fireworks. I love fireworks.... Shauna smiled and closed her eyes. She remember watching fireworks with Serena only a few months ago. Serena was the first trainer to look at her with approval instead of just tolerance. They solved that puzzle together, after all. Hee hee, I wonder what happened to that poor Furfrou? she wondered. I wonder if I should get a Furfrou? It wouldn't scare Delcatty, would it? Oh, what if Serena could own it together? Serena does love changing her hair, so maybe we could work on it together--oh, that's much too much! Shauna blushed the color of the Pink Juice Shake.

Suddenly, the door of Coiffure Clips swung open, revealing Serena in all her glory. Shauna took a step back in shock. Her mouth hung open and no sound came out.

Serena looked confused for a moment. She cocked her head and smiled her characteristic smile again. "Hello, Shauna. What brings you here? Your hair is so cute as it is!"

Shauna's blush deepened. "Er... uh... champagne--er, I mean champion--"

"Oh, just call me Serena, Shauna." Serena frowned in mock displeasure. "I'm not defined by the Pokémon League!"

"N-No, that's n-not what I meant! Ha ha," Shauna laughed awkwardly. "I just wanted to get you your favorite drink... after the ceremony and all. I mean, you must be really tired by now. I don't know how you're always able to keep going like that. Not that that's bad! It's good! It's really, really great!" she said hastily.

Serena smiled again, but didn't say anything.

Shauna looked to the side. "And... there's s-something I need to tell you!" She took in a deep breath and paused for a second. "Serena... I like you! ♪" She suddenly yelled, holding out the shake like it was an offering to a goddess. She knew that even though this had been a hard decision to make, this would truly be a memory to always remember.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Aw, that was sweet--I've liked Shauna and the player's friendship, and you've captured it perfectly

16. Mr.MuffinTop

Mr.MuffinTop Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I am a bit confused, do we post the prompt in this thread or just some where else?

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I would prefer you put them here, but if your response is long, then put them in a new thread

18. Mr.MuffinTop

Mr.MuffinTop Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Coolio, thanks for the help

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    You're welcome--let me know if you have any other questions, concerns, or suggestions

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Your prompt this week:

A game of Meowth and Rattata