1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Them Glazed Donuts - IllusionFox's Glazed Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by JadeFox, Jun 22, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Hey guys, I'm back with another nuzlocke! This time around, though, I'm not playing one of the main series games. Instead, I will be playing one of the many fanmade ROM hacks, this one being Pokémon Glazed. Now I have only played through the beginning portion of the game, and have not played through the whole thing, so I will basically be 100% blind as to what will happen to me. As if I didn't have enough difficulty anyways...

And now for the rules! The most vital part of a nuzlocke!

• I can only catch the first Pokémon I find in an area.
    • I have to nickname the Pokémon as soon as I catch it.
    • If one of my Pokémon faints, I have to put it in the PC Box of Death.
    • If I end up finding a shiny (which I highly doubt since this is a ROM hack), I have to automatically catch it.
    • No legendaries.
    • The game ends when I have no battle-ready Pokémon in my party (basically blacking out).

I actually feel like this is good enough for right now, and I think it covers all of my rules I need. NOW, I need to go ahead and get ready for this challenge!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    An Evil Wizard and Darcy like this.
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Chapter One: ...This is new.
    So, as I begin Pokémon Glazed, I'm greeted by the Tunod Region's professor, and I automatically like him because he has a Turtwig. Anyway, I name myself (Hunter, as I do with most of my games), and start my journey!

... in the woods. After walking just a few steps I'm teleported back to my home, so there went exploring.

Anyway, by command of my parents, I have to go to the professor's lab in order to get my Pokémon. Glenwood Town is actually a cute place, and I wish I could stay here a little bit longer. But I have to get my Pokémon!

The professor offers me five Pokémon to choose from, but of course, it has to be RNG. So I have the ""helpful"" Discord bot Tatsumaki to pick for me!

[​IMG]

So Piplup it is! My friend @OurLadyOfWonderland thought it would be nice to nickname all of my Pokémon after doughnut flavors, so LETSDEWIT. My Piplup, now deemed Blueberry, is male and has the Modest Nature.

I would say that I would start the nuzlocke now, but the professor conveniently says that he ran out of PokeDexes. So now I have to go to Chocco Town, where 'The Inventor' will give it to me.

Oh well.

So as I'm going east, two people sitting on a bench warn me of something happening. Aaaaaaand it's a Pikachu in a red scarf. I easily defeat it, though, and receive the running shoes and the EXP SHARE. I get it this early in the game.

I'm gonna go ahead and give it to Blueberry and start grinding. Let's go just a bit further aaaaand-

Rival. Percy unknowingly gives me a good win, especially because Blueberry learned Bubble. OHKO. Bye Cyndaquil.

And with that I go to Chocco Town, and take a break.

Pokémon:

Blueberry
    Male
    Modest
    Lvl 8

#2 Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  3. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Ah jeez, a rom hack! Haven't seen one of these on a while. Have you checked out Pokémon Uranium Version? That's a really unique one.

A good start! Hopefully Blueberry will survive the onslaught. Ya know, if the nuzlocke fails, definitely still finish the game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Chapter Two: ...Can I Just Get My Good-Luck Charm Back??
    Alright, I'm back! I kind of forgot about this nuzlocke for a while, so I'm back for episode two!

So after making it to Chocco Town, I needed to go to the Inventor's house. After finding it (after what seemed like forever), I end up chatting with the Inventor, and I receive my Pokédex and PokeBalls! I immediately run outside to the Forest Path to get my first encounter, aaaaaaaaaaand-

It's a Ratatta. Wtf. I end up catching it, and it's a male. I conveniently name it Vanilla, because it's just plain and an insult to the rat isn't a part of the name 'clause' I have. Ooooooo, and it has Run Away as its ability! That'll be nice when I'm in a pinch-

Whoops, Vanilla got knocked out by a wild Ratatta while I wasn't paying attention. Whelp, it grew one level before it died.

Alrighty then, let's redeem ourselves at the Milkshake Swamp! Aaaaaaaaaaaand... a Tangela! I mean, I don't know if it would evolve into Tangrowth in this game, but it could work-

Aaaand ate up all of my PokeBalls. Seriously????

So after training and such in the Milkshake Swamp, Blueberry evolved! Honestly I'm really feeling better, and even though there have been a couple scares, I feel like he's able to take on threats very easily because of the level he's at now!

So whoops, I slip through the universe again and track down a MUDKIP. Ofc. Oh wait, I can catch it??? I have one ball for it, can I????

Mudkip says "LOL nope".

You know what, that's all I'm gonna do today. Things didn't really go the way I wanted it to, but I got what I needed to get done in this episode. In other words, it sucked, and now Ima go try not to fail this nuzlocke too. See you in the next episode!

Pokémon:

Blueberry
    Male
    Modest
    Level 16

Dead Pokémon:

Vanilla

Darcy likes this.
  5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Chapter Three: Is There Actually Some Hope???

So I'm still alive. Somehow. And after trying to figure out where I needed to go next for about twenty minutes, I finally consulted the region map and found out how to get to Oceanview City. So back through the Milkshake Swamp I go, battling bug trainers and Seldestructing Pinecos.

I'm also a bit salty about the fact that I can't get an encounter right now in Oceanview Park, because I need the HM Cut to get to a nice patch of grass >.>

But anyways, Oceanview City! After talking to a couple of NPCs, I learn a horrible truth: the first gym is an Electric Type gym. That was literally the exact opposite I wanted it to be, so oh well. I don't get any kind of free items in the city, although I buy a boat ticket and get a DITTO.

Meet Jelly, the Quirky natured, Limber equipped blob of pink. Obtained at level 10, with, of course, only Transform. I'm not really gonna have any use from Jelly, though, so I won't really training it as much.

Well, let's go to the gym and- oh wait, the gym leader isn't there. Um... okay... I'm supposed to go to this abandoned power plant. Oh kayyyy...

HOLY crap these electric types are really annoying to beat. I know they're only wild Pokémon, but jeez, they've scared me on more than one occasion. Also I had to kill two Zorua that a thug had, and I'm really sad now qwq

Alright, I made it to the top floor. There's the gym leader, Sparky. Aaaaaaaand Angrychu. I quickly turn off the power it's trying to steal, and now. It's ROUND TWO. ILLY VS ANGRYCHU. COME AT ME BRO!

I just spammed Bubblebeam from Blueberry lmao. I think the gym might be a little easier now. Angrychu runs off, and Sparky goes back to the gym. So naturally, I stock up on potions and go after him.

The other mechanics in the gym are fairly easy, being oneshotted by a level 21 Prinplup, so no worries, right?

Right???

Nope, his Jolteon is at the annoying level of 18. After a brutal exchange of Bubblebeams and Thundershocks and Potions, I remained victorious! Claiming the Jolt Badge (much pun, because Jolteon), I get Thunderbolt as well, and the ability to use Cut! Well... it would help if I actually had that HM XD

Alrighty, that wraps up this episode of the nuzlocke! Maybe I can go to this "Serenity Isle" that I bought a ticket for, and maybe get some new encounters yeeeeeee!

Pokémon:

Blueberry
    Male
    Modest
    Level 22

Jelly
    Genderless
    Quirky
    Level 12

Dead Pokémon:

Vanilla

Also this: