1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Thoughts on Minecraft

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Captain Comet, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Because I'm curious (and sort of to see if there's enough people to make a LV Minecraft server worth it), I want to know how many people here actually play and enjoy Minecraft.

I do, personally. I mean, that's sort of obvious because I wouldn't be making this thread if I didn't care about the game.

And don't just say whether or not you like it; give me your actual thoughts on it. Why do you like it? Why do you not like it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    I like Minecraft, as it is a wonderful game to actually design houses in, as I am going to College for Architecture. As I only have played Minecraft with my brother, and he has tried to destroy my houses on multiple occasions, I would love to play Minecraft with some other people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I tend to play Minecraft to create buildings and such, either for rough drawing references or just for fun. I'm not one for the survival mode though.

However, I've yet to play it with others. I'm sure it's a lot more enjoyable with a server, but I wouldn't know.

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I used to play it with my brother and it was probably one of the most relaxing games. Loved the soundtrack and just going around, building stuff, creating all sorts of structures, watching the passing of the days. I haven't been able to play it in a long time, though.

5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I used to play minecraft all the time when I was 14. I still like it, but since my PC doesn't work anymore, I cant really play it much. My brother recently got it on PS4, but I havent played much of it yet. I usually play survival mode a lot more than creative mode, but when I do play creative, I usually create redstone creations, or make some small random custom map or minigame.

6. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I like Minecraft and I use it to build buildings and other architectural pieces. I also play it in survival mode but uhmmmm....I am not good at it. However, I would love to play it with other people since I used to play with my brother but then he went for studies.

7. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to play Minecraft all the time back when it was still in beta. I don't play nearly as much anymore, but I do like to build stuff every now and then, usually when I'm feeling stressed and need to relax.

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I don't own it but I played it minimally on bootleg versions, no more than an hour or so though. I love the idea of the game, create anything you want, if you can build it then its what the game is. I know the game has gotten old and it has a bad rap in a way, but I will never discourage a game that influences creativity and creation.

Barandofl likes this.
  9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I only played a trial version of this, but I want to get it.

It reminds me a lot of my childhood. You see, LEGOs were my go-to toy as a kid. With a simple brick I could construct entire worlds and stories, using characters that I knew and making new ones as well. Even at my old age, I still have naught but a single regret from those times - that the really big sets were always too expensive to get, even for a birthday.

I'm also a fan of PeanutButterGamer's "Minecraft Hardcore" series, so I would definitely be interested in doing something similar.

Captain Comet likes this.
  10. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Around the time I wanted to get into Minecraft, was also coincidentally the very small window of time where it was surprisingly difficult to get the game for free somewhere. As a result, I never actually played it. Still, I think it's a very dope game, allows for endless creativity, and is just tons of fun. 10/10, can't wait for Minecraft 2 where everything is spherical.

11. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Minecraft is a good game when you just want to build a city or such (and maybe destroy said city with tonnes of TnT). If someone made a Lake Valor Minecraft server, I would definitely join.

12. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Eh. Never saw the appeal. Which is really strange since I loved building stuff with lego? Hmm.

13. HeroofFire101

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    Just don't destroy my houses. They are works of art, you know.

14. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I just play with friends, never on my own. I am always a mercenary tho :3

15. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I like playing Minecraft, but I can only play for hours when I'm with friends. When I play Minecraft myself I get bored very easily...

Rezna likes this.
  16. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I enjoy this game a ton but I can't afford it. The best part is just being able to build. You have this surreal feeling of doing whatever you please.

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I play it from time to time, I suck at building but I still enjoy it whenever I boot it up, maybe one day I'll have something decent looking.

18. HeroofFire101

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    Someone can gift you Minecraft.

19. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    some1 gib please

20. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Well, since I don't have a PC anymore, I think I can give you my brothers minecraft account. Neither of us can use it, so maybe he'll let you borrow it for the time being. I'll have to ask him though, is that okay?