1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Underappreciated Monsters

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShiroLugia, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Dunsparce. Everyone forgets he exists. ;w;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    If there was one Pokémon that need a Mega Evolution back when they were doing that, it was Dunsparce.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DecemberWildfire likes this.
  3. GB-92

GB-92 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    Nidorina! Everyone clamours over Nidoqueen and Nidoking, but Nidorina has always been my favourite. She is really cute and huggable, but she can also be awesome! She had my favourite colour in the whole world too!

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Stunfisk. It's cute, it's floppy... what's not to love? :( Strong too!

5. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    Liepard is amazing speed house with access to play rough and tbh i don't hear much from that cute kitty but that can also be said about stoutland and most of the two evo lines like watchog, furret, linoone or Pokémon like zangoose and absol. Sure they look cool but because they are not Garchomp or T-tar they are not too viable and there for not looked at. Heck you can look at Smogons PU section and bam people ignore those babes..I can go on and on about some great Pokémon that are never used because of the Lucario's Garchomp's Blazakin's etc trolling the yards in popularity, Mega evolution also did not help this.

i shall now leave my squishy arceus killer here​
    [3D='423']​

6. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Parasite, even though being know for being "creepy", is never actually talked about.

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Sigilyph. A lot of people dismiss its weird design (and I have to admit, I did too) but once I used it on my team, I was amazed at how useful it was. Its Magic Guard ability saved it from the effects of hail and sandstorms and its high speed and special attack proved incredibly useful. It's now my favourite psychic type!

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I think wooper could get more credit for being a perfect axoltyl colour when shiny :'D and being cute regardless. Also think cherrim is a great design that doesn't come up often (I'm guessing it's not very practical).

9. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    There are a lot of supposedly 'ugly' Pokémon designs that I actually think are kind of awesome, but the two that stand out for me the most are Palossand and Barbaracle. Barbaracle especially I always thought looked awesome the minute I saw him as he reminds me of something straight out of the Kinnikuman franchise.

Also, Gamefreak, can you please start making official evolutions for older Pokémon so Dunsparce can have an awesome second form already? Seriously, I see so much wasted potential with this one.

10. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'd say the zubat evolution line. A lot of people give it hate for being so common and often annoying to encounter in the wild, but crobat is incredibly useful and I've used it in my main team heaps of times.

11. Pikachulover

Pikachulover Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    I think Magikarp is the most underrated. Yes, it doesn't do much more than flopping around, but it's a great choice for a gym battler.

12. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    What about Smeargle? I used to think it was stupid and had no place in the Pokémon world, but then I read about using it for shiny hunting... and now I can't stop thinking about it. Sketch is such a wonderful move, and should be taken advantage of.

13. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I think Wobbuffet is such an underrated Pokémon, both competitively and not.

Ever since the ban of Shadow Tag in Smogon's tiers, it hasn't had much time to shine :(