1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unpopular Movie That you Really Enjoy.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    And I'm not talking about movies that are so bad that they're good. I want to know what movie you enjoy watching that other people say is bad?
    For me, it's the animated movie Strange Magic. I know the story is flawed and cliche, but I absolutely love it and end up watching it every few months. I love the setting, I love the characters, and I really love the fact that it's a jukebox musical. I don't understand all the hate to jukebox musicals. If they're done right and still tell a good story, who cares if the songs used are ones that were already around? As long as they're performed well and move the story along, I'm just fine with it.

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Magnificent Seven 2016

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I actually used to really like Disney's Chicken Little when I was a lot younger. Now I see it's major flaws, but I still don't mind it that much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Pacific Rim Uprising.

I don't understand all the hate it was getting. Maybe standards were high/or low after being floored by the first one that I didn't care much about it. Just wanted to see giant mechs fight giant beasts. I enjoyed every single action scene it had.

Yes, there was a lot more they could have done with stuff like drifting, character development and the first was much better, but it was an entertaining watch nonetheless.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Bug's Life. Why does everyone make fun of it? T_T It doesn't deserve the title of "Pixar's Worst Movie". That should go to Cars 2 >: (

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    I'm with you on the "Strange Magic" bit. I actually really enjoyed that movie.

7. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    Twilight saga/series. everyone seemed to either love it or hate it. i was one of the ones that loved it. still love it, even though it's cliche and problematic and even downright cringey at times.

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. It's better than the majority of the MCU because it at least doesn't try to pretend that it is something it isn't: a worthy adaptation of comic book source material. It's hilariously bad and so much better for it. Better to be your own thing and terrible than plagiaristic drivel.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I personally thought Sucker Punch was awesome. Yeah it may not be the most amazing movie ever storywise, but the visuals were cool af. Loved the dieselpunk-ish scenes in particular. Kinda wish the whole movie was like that. Haha

10. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    These two movies. I loved them both immensely! I like giant robots fighting giant monsters enough to think Pacific Rim was epic, and I also loved the visual aesthetics Sucker Punch had. The first fight scene and soundtrack were sooo good, imo. They are flawed, yes, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them!