1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Staff Post We need your help balancing catching!

Discussion in 'Info Desk' started by Achromatic, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Admin

Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽209
    Battle Points:
    ★106
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Hi everybody. I'll keep this one short and sweet, we're working hard on balancing our Pokémon Catcher so that catching Pokémon isn't too hard, but also isn't too easy. Ultimately we don't have enough data to know how to best balance our system, but we definitely feel that there are improvements to be made.

Therefore, this is where you come in! We're asking users to volunteer to provide us data in an official LV Spreadsheet of the following: Pokémon Caught, PokeBalls Used, Number of PokeBalls used and the date capture was attempted. The spreadsheet is very easy to use and you can add data to it live alongside other users.

You will need to be invited however. If you want to participate, send me your Google email address via private message. It will not be shared with anyone other than myself so I can invite you to the doc and you can contribute to the spreadsheet.

This data is invaluable to us and we hope to use it to greatly improve how catching Pokémon works.

Anyways, thank you and drop me a PM if you're interested.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Apawn likes this.
  2. VictoryStar34

VictoryStar34 Ruin Maniac

Local Time:
    8:52 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽152
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    1. Do Pokémon that you DIDN'T catch count (you put them in) or is it just Pokémon caught?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽23
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Will the spread sheet have chances?, I think I understand what you mean, but if for example I fail to catch a geodude in 3-4 greatballs, how will that affect the overrall data base?

4. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Admin

Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽209
    Battle Points:
    ★106
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Unless you run out of PokéBalls, yes, you should realistically be attempting to catch everything or it skews the data.

The information you and other users provide helps us know how difficult it is to catch a Geodude. Using that data, we can adjust the catch rate of Geodude to try and improve the difficulty. We will then gather more data to see whether our changes have improved or worsened things.