1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What do you think about Team Skull?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ~Nova~, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    I really do like them. They remind me a lot of the guys from Pokémon Colloseum. The theme for them is pretty awesome I could easily jam out to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    I adore Team Skull. Their style, characters, and that amazing encounter music are just perfect. I am convinced that they are actually somehow a good team, which makes me love them more, and would be an interesting change from other generations. And the trailer showing them saying that the will get rich by selling a single Slowpoke is just so cute. No bones about it. :p (I'm not sure what means, but I like saying it)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I LOVE Team Skull. They're so silly with their stupid walk and how they treat Team Skull as a family and refer to each other as such.

4. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I dig 'em! Not quite sure what their angle is yet but they seem like an 'edgy' version of Team Rocket, which amuses me. Plus it makes a change from the last few baddies wanting to reshape the continents, upset the balance of time / space, etc etc that we've come to know in the past.

5. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    This is the exact thought I had with the reveal of team skull. I'm really hoping that there can be some way to get them to be more intimidating with the story. The regular "bad guy" antics from the games really won't cut it to bring this out of the hole.

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    After playing the game a bit, I've realized what they basically are: they're juggalos. Yeah juggalos, you know, those edgy ICP fans who take being a fan of a shitty hip hop group to mean being some gang-family. The standard issue Team Skull grunt is pretty much exactly like 85% of all the juggalos I've ever met and/or observed.

I think it's hilarious actually.

7. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    To be honest, I do not take Team Skull as serious as any other villianous teams. Team Skull is so funny especially with the way they approach you while looking irritated look at those posing moves lol. Their boss is no different either. Even if he says he's the bad guy and likes causing trouble, he isn't a very serious person. :sweat:

8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I think Team Skull shows a refreshing change from the usual zealous, extremist evil teams/organizations that we've been getting generation after generation. This, to me, makes them more relatable (I mean, they're basically thugs) and it's far easier to connect with as opposed to any other evil team!

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Lmao Team Skull is so funny to watch. They're such dorks. Trying to be thugs and what not. Pfft. Gangstaaaaaaaaaaa.

10. OminousMoon

OminousMoon Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.9
    I like them! Now not gonna lie. I never had a close connection to any villain boss or admin in any of the Pokémon games until Guzma. I don't know why but I just seem to connect with him. So basically during my play time with Pokémon Moon, Guzma pretty much became my favorite.

The one thing about them though is that they don't seem to have as much impact to the game or story as the other villian teams. But I guess that's why they have the Aether foundation. Well they weren't really the villains they were just controlled by a power hungry woman.

But yeah great team!

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I gotta say, my favourite part of Team Skull is the grunts. From their dumb (funny) comments to their stupid dance moves, I find myself grinning like an idiot more often than not when it comes to these guys. I seem to have the unpopular opinion of not really being into Guzma....am I the only one?
    Overall, great comedic relief (not that the game needed it that much but hey, I like it!)

12. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I think Team Skull comes really close to my favourite villain teams, Team Plasma and Team Galactic. Not because their story and motive is interesting, but simply because they're so ridiculously hilarious (imo) :3
    Their story is pretty weak, but they make up for it with their crazy moves and Guzma.
    However: (s/m spoilers ahead)
    I did really like to see how they were involved with the Aether Foundation, we haven't seen "evil" teams working together like that. It was cool :3

13. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I think Team Skull was the only evil team I would constantly look forward to battling. They just say the best things, and an evil team leader that's bold enough to specialize in bugs and act the way he does is good in my book.

14. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Team Skull was a pretty good team, mainly with them having a more diverse set of Pokémon to attack you with.

15. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    I think they're cool, but they're movements are way too weird.what was Gamefreak going for with them?

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    One word: Gladion.
    Pretty much...
    Well, I'm a hardcore LunarEdge shipper, what do you expect me to do?

Guzma is a hilarious dude, but I really wish Plumeria was shown more. Her turnaround at the end was great, but we need backstory, we need facts. Who is she? I NEED TO KNOW!
    #MissingNo

17. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    They are not very intimidating, to be honest Team Plasma had the best reason for doing what they do, Team Skull just goes around being reckless for no reason.

18. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Kanto/Johto citizens be like: Oh no! It's Team Rocket!

Hoenn citizens be like: Oh no! It's Team Aqua/Magma!

Sinnoh citizens be like: Oh no! It's Team Galactic!

Unova citizens be like: Oh no! It's Team Plasma!

Kalos citizens be like: Oh no! It's Team Flare!

Alola citizens be like: LMAO, it's Team Skull.

XD

JadeFox likes this.
  19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I really liked how Team Skull was a sort of deconstruction on the games themselves. Each game has been told from the perspective of a prodigy and a hero, but what about the kids who were unskilled in battling and failed their island challenges/gym challenges when everyone else succeeded? Just imagine what that would do to a ten-year-old's sense of self worth. As well as that, the grunts were so adorably goofy that I couldn't help but look forward to the next time I'd see them. I also found it refreshing how they weren't out to change the world, just their individual lives.

JadeFox likes this.
  20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I love Team Skull so much. They provide so much comic relief its almost hysterical. Their poses are so goofy, and while they seem so 'intimidating', they're so weak and almost useless. Their themes are pretty cool though, and they seem more chill than other evil teams. I like Plumeria the most, because she doesn't always seem to fit the 'bad guy' stereotype. Guzma is cool too, especially after I see all of the comics and stuff like that XD