1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

what do you use for digital art?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by dangokura, Jan 27, 2018.

1. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    what device do you guys use to do digital art? do you draw with a stylus or freehand? aand what app do you use?? (why do i ask so many questions hhH)

for me, i use my iphone because it's the only device i own that i can draw on ;_; i use a stylus, and i use medibang ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I use a Ugee drawing tablet and my Mac because it's the only device I have haha. And I use Firealpaca but I want to try out a few other programs too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  3. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I use my computer, PaintTool SAI. I use a Huion tablet paired with it.

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I use my 2012 Kindle Fire with Medibang Paint and my tool of choice is my finger. I used to have a stylus but I lost it and it got my screen dirty anyway, haha.

Goes to show you don't need anything fancy!

5. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i'd use my finger too but my hands shake so much aaahh!!! especially for lineart, it never turns out well when i use my finger :P

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Back when I actually arted I used a Wacom Intuos Draw. It was an amazing tablet, I highly recommend it!

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (I really need an upgrade orz), Medibang Paint and a stylus. I have a lot of respect for people who can draw well with just their finger haha.

8. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I use Adobe Photoshop.

9. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I use an Intuos Draw tablet and firalpaca, paint tool SAI, and when I’m really just in a doodlin mood I use MS paint.

10. Kartoon

Kartoon Collector

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,726.1
    Basic Gary Oak ★
    I don't have a tablet so I'm forced to use my phone. The app I use is called ibisPaint X. I used to use a stylus all the time, but I've gotten lazy and not just use my finger. :sweat:

Geroniny likes this.
  11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Program: GNU Image Manipulation Program (or GIMP for short)
    Device: Windows 7 Desktop
    Input: A wired mouse

A fairly simple setup, all said. Since my main machine is a desktop, of course I'll be using a mouse for everything. I've never been one to use 'touch' devices (mousepads, screens, etc.) as I find them very unwieldy for me to use, since they aren't really given to pixel-precise movement.

12. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I have a Wacom Intuos tablet for drawing (with a stylus) however I mostly use the mouse for edits other than drawing. I used to use only Photoshop but now that I’ve discovered FireAlpaca and its stabilizer, I draw almost only with it.

Also congrats for making the 888th thread in this section!

#12 Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    This very lovely drawing tablet =) And Fire Alpaca for drawing (it's free for both Windows and Mac!). It's like Mac's version of Paint Tool SAI, which I dearly miss. Photoshop isn't that great for the type of style I prefer since its lines can't be made as sharp regardless of what settings are used. If only pen pressure worked on SAI for Mac, then I'd definitely use it again... </3

14. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I basically use a Huion tablet (it's under a different name but it's legit the same thing) and Clip Studio Paint as my program! I used to use Medibang but my lines were pretty shakey and bad there because I didn't know about stabilization lmao. The lines on Clip Studio are so clean and nice I actually want to yell ack.

Random fact about this all, but when I first got my tablet the pen pressure was there, it wasn't working on the programs I got however. So we had to buy an entire new computer (or at least computer tower thing) for it to work. My family spoils me too much ;w;

15. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    late reply but ahahah that's so cool xD

16. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Never realized you replied until I came back to this thread today, aha.

It might be because I have a bigger screen I can stabilize my lines better (I have no idea how big my screen is but it's at least eleven inches tall? I do everything in portrait mode for reference)? Also Medibang has a stabilization feature which helps with smoothing out the lines: it's not much compared to the desktop version or other programs, but it helps! Also just practice with stroking lines >.>

dangokura likes this.
  17. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My go to stuff is Paint Tool Sai and my Wacom Intuos tablet! :3

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I use a Wacom Tablet with styles and FireAlpaca, it works really well for me.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I have a drawing tablet and I mostly use Sai. Sometimes I'll use Paint.NET to do some editing after I've finished a drawing on Sai, depending on the type of picture.

20. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I start off by using QuickMemo+ on my LG Stylus 3 amd then use Paint 3D to clean it up.