1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your favorite controller for Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sohrob101, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Lets be real here, Super Smash bros for the Wii U, has a lot of controller schemes, and we even got back the Gamecube controller for crying out loud, that in itself is awesome. So considering all of the controller options we have Super Smash Bros for the Wii U, what is your favorite Controller to use? You can include the 3DS as well since that can be used as a controller too. It's ok if you aren't competitive either, just post what your favorite smash bros controller is, and why?

For me it's the classic Gamecube controller, originally back in smash bros brawl, i only played with the wii remote, but when i got into competitive play i knew that the gamecube controller was just for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I currently use the gamepad when playing, but I want to pick up the Gamecube controller adapter soon; I've always stuck to the GCN remote because it's what I'm used to. ^^ ; I tried using some of the Wii remote control schemes, but they just don't feel as comfortable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I've got the GC adapter, so that's my go-to controller since Melee and Brawl. It's even got the SSB flaming logo on it. It's too bad they haven't made an N64 adapter. I would be all over that lol.

4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Gamecube controller is and always will be the best controller for Smash to me. The 3DS isn't bad because it's the same feel, but it just isn't the same as the nice Gamecube Controller feel.

5. BlastoiseKoopa98

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Back when I first played Brawl, I started with the Nunchuck, which I was pretty good with. But once I got my hands on the Classic Controller Pro (Mainly for N64 VC games), I realized how much better it was for Smash, and has remained my go-to controller for the games. But to be honest, I also really enjoy using the 3DS as a controller as well, as I play much more 3DS than WiiU Smash.

6. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I used the GameCube controller for a while, just because I grew up playing smash with a GCube Controller (except for Smash 64), but I've recently switched to the Pro Controller, just because all the buttons are the same size.

7. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I use the nunchuk and wii mote, and cause i've used them for everything over the years and now my hands now can only use that controller set. (I do get a large advantage at SSB because of it though)

8. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I'm stuck on the GameCube controller. I've used it so much that hitting the buttons has become second nature to me, and I get thrown off when I play with another controller type. The c-stick especially is the key to my success.

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Gamecube controller rules all! It's absolutely amazing to hold. I can reach the buttons fairly well and super comfortable in my hands.

10. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I use a Pro controller, but I'm looking to get a Gamecube controller for it, when I have the money. I just love the feel of the GC controller, but the Pro works very well too.

11. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    As I don't have a Wii U, all that I've tried when I have played Smash with a friend is my 3ds and the GameCube controller.
    I'm going to go with the Gamecube controller.

12. Kibbeh

Kibbeh ☆ Star Warrior ☆

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.4
    I use the classic controller. The Wii U is a bit larger, so it's harder to work with in my opinion. The classic controller has everything in a smaller package, and it just feels right to use. It's very easy to know where everything is for me, and, if needed, the smash attacking stick is also right there. So for its usability and easy-to-handle model, I like it better than the others. I've never actually tried out a gamecube controller that much, so maybe I'm missing out on something, who knows.

13. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I use the Pro Controller at my friend's house, and Gamepad at my house. I like the Pro Controller better because it has a more familiar feel to it since I've played an Xbox 360 controller similar to that for a long time.

14. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    To me at least, the classic controller, classic controller pro, gamepad and wii u pro controller are all interchangeable. They have nearly the exact same button layout across all four, are pretty comfortable, and have the smash attack stick. In my opinion these are the best to get used to, mainly because any friend who has smash is likely to have at least one of these four, eliminating the need to bring your own special controller if you don't like your friend's selection. I use the ccp personally, and it's never failed me.

15. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The Gamepad works surprisingly well. The Wii Mote is okay, but not the best, a Pro controller works decently, but my fave is still the GCN controller. 3DS as a controller is kind of awkward, to say the least.

Now, if only a SNES controller was compatible with the game...

16. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Gamecube. I haven't been able to comfortably use anything else. Very glad it's been re-released for the Wii U!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.