1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What series did you skip over because of one game.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Katanaeyegaming, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    While I don't have one of these I know plenty of people skipped over an entire series because of one or two games being so bad that they are intolerable.

Go wild.

2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    The main series that comes to mind is Sonic the Hedgehog. I've played the first game, but I did not enjoy it at all. I later went back to Sonic Mania and didn't like that either, although the experience wasn't horrible by any means. Pair these two with a couple short demos that I've played and my interest in the series is fairly low.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Fire Emblem. I've tried The Sacred Stones and I even bought the original on the switch while it was still available. It just isn't my cup of tea at all. A lot of people told me that the newer installments are better, but I don't feel like spending $40-60 dollars to try,

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve played a little of Metroid 1, Fusion, and Super Metroid. The latter two were well made, but they weren’t for me. Metroidvanias in general bore and confuse me. I also wasn’t fond of the way Samus handled. Her jumping controls never quite felt right to me. I am open to try the Prime Trilogy though. Those games look like fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Dark Souls/Soulsborne in general. I see why people enjoy it but I genuinely had a dreadful time trying to play the first Dark Souls, it felt so off, movement was slow and clunky and it didnt feel like I was planning my moves to combat all options, it felt like I was fighting with the control and wearing bricks for armor. I stopped at the Bell Gargoyles as that fight honestly felt poorly designed to me.

And this one is slightly different but close enough. I likely wont ever play Yakuza, or at least for a long time, due to a certain person I know who is so obsessed with the series he will literally gush about it or find an excuse to shoehorn it into every conversation, everyday. He has burned me out of a series so hard I didnt even get to play a game in the series, it was that annoying.

6. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Harvest Moon, easily.

I ended up trying Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness on the DS, got through, like, two weeks in-game, and then never touched it again. There was just something about the rote repetition that annoyed me about the game, something that was mended by Animal Crossing by having, like, more interactivity with the world around you.

This is unfortunately why I also couldn't get into Stardew Valley for similar reasons. I hear that the beginning is slow, but my attention span just couldn't get into it. I just don't think farming simulators are for me.

I am, however, willing to give Rune Factory a try in the future, since the RPG fantasy elements might make the experience a bit more bearable to me.