1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What was the first Shiny you ever encountered?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cartridge, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My first shiny was a shinx! I feel kinda lucky because this was only my second Pokémon game lol( diamond). I don't really like the color scheme for shiny Shinx, but luxray is one of my favorite Pokémon, so it stayed with me the whole game!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,593.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My first shiny ever was a rattata in Crystal, I remember the encounter clearly. I thought its coloration looked off so I caught it to take a closer look and then noticed the the shiny icon on its status screen. I didn't see the stars when I encountered it because I was looking away and I don't remember hearing them either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    I came across a shiny plusle once, except I had only my high level Pokémon & it wouldn't catch in the 3 pokeballs I had left. The sadness.

4. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    The first shiny Pokémon I ever encountered was a Cottonee in Black 2 (I think it was Black 2 it might have been Black) I didn't encounter another shiny until Pokémon Y where I found a Chansey in the friend safari followed by a Masuda Method Ralts.

5. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I got lucky, I recently got my first shiny in Omega Ruby which was a Horsea didn't notice until it evolved and I thought the back of it looked weird lol, I went into shock for a few minutes before tearing up

Maantijger likes this.
  6. Deleca7755

Deleca7755 Annoying Person

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    nOne I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ONE

Never have I ever gotten Into a shiny wild encounter and I'm so alone hmhfnfergthyuj

7. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Don't give up hope, the chances of finding one are much higher in the Gen 6 games than in earlier Gens.

8. Zether-man

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.9
    My first shiny was a Geodude in Fire Red. I was tediously going through Mount Moon when I found a golden muscle rock. Good times.

9. Trent29193

Trent29193 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽38.9
    Not counting the shiny Gyarados, I think it was a Seaking from the Firered Safari Zone. I was feeling lazy about training a Dratini to complete my Pokédex so I was fishing for Dragonairs when it popped. I was awestruck and even happier when I caught it. Which reminds me that I need to import it. :(

10. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I recall the first shiny I encountered simply by chance was a Wingull in Diamond. It was really unfortunate tho cause I had no pokeballs on hand to catch it ;-;

Years later I did chain fish for a shiny Horsea (if that counts?) but that one got lost thanks to my game being stolen </3

I have terrible luck with shinies ;-;

11. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Surskit, I don't remember if I caught it tho.

12. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Shiny Poliwag in Crystal when I was really young. Pretty sure I killed it.

13. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    My first shiny was a Slugma on Fire Red, in the Sevii Islands (however it's spelled).

I was in second grade.

I saw it was gray.

I threw a few Pokeballs.

When none worked?

I ran. I thought my game was broken. It was a sobering experience that made me mature at a much faster rate than I should have...

14. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I believe my first shiny was a shiny pelliper in Pokémon Pearl, but I think I killed it.

My first real shiny was a shiny caterpie in hg/ss in which is now a shiny butterfree~

15. DizzyTheBuneary

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.6
    My first shiny was a Spinda in my first play through of Ruby!
    I had heard about shinies from a friend at school way back than- but seeing how unlucky I tended to be, I never really tried looking for any of the sparkling cuties, until it just randomly appeared when I was running around trying to grind some levels! I was so happy that I was nearly crying while trying to catch the thing. Eventually it did stick in the Pokéball, and I had some major bragging rights in my little group of friends, being the first to get a shiny and all. :P

16. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    My first non-event shiny Pokémon was a Gastly in LeafGreen. Since Gengar is one of my favorite Pokémon and since shiny Gastly looks great, I immediately freaked out and caught it. I still have it somewhere, but unfortunately shiny Gengar is significantly less fabulous than shiny Gastly.

17. HungryGastly

HungryGastly Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    For me, it was Tentacool. The thing is, I was playing Pokémon Gold, and I was at the cave where Lapras can be found on a certain day. I didn't know that, so when I entered the place where Lapras swim, I immediately surfed to get to the Lapras, fearing that it would somehow disappear if I wait. Right before I was able to approach Lapras, I encountered a shiny Tentacool. I was so confused, but I caught it and then thanked that Lapras was still there. Happy times :]

18. gamerz719

gamerz719 gamerz719

Nidodude
    (Nidorino)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.7
    Kricketot was my first but that save file in heartgold got corrupt so I lost it

19. Headsprouter

Headsprouter Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽86.8
    It's actually kind of an interesting story. I think so, at least.

So, I was in the Ice Path, all the way back in the original Silver. Was dandering along, probably wasting time or something, suddenly I get into an encounter with a Swinub that's a wierd colour, that used this odd move with a glinting animation all around it as soon as it came out onto the field. I was confused and engaged with it and wound up defeating it (or maybe I ended up running away, but I remember going through a turn or two). I encountered a few more Swinub, but none would use that move and none were purple/pink like the original, so I shrugged it off.

Then my brother mentions shinies a few weeks or days later, I remember the oddly coloured Swinub I encountered and realised that must have been what it was. He didn't believe me at first, but I assured him I was telling the truth.

It's strange though that I didn't connect that it was a shiny Pokémon, considering I must have encountered the red Gyarados by that time, but who knows. I was pretty young.

I think the first one I ever caught was a Rattata below Goldenrod in Silver. Of course, I don't count the Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. It's long gone now since I couldn't have sent anything up to current games from the second generation.

20. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    Mine was a male Nidorian from SoulSilver. I named him Mr. Man. I think I still have him.