1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What was the first Shiny you ever encountered?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cartridge, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    My first shiny was in Pokémon Y. Just after I won the Pokémon league and I was walking up route 2 and encountered a Zigzagoon (Now a Linoone) that I called Ziggy. He is now one of my favorite Pokémon, and the only one I have that is good at battling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So my first shiny was in Y. Post game, just trying to get shiny Eevees (never got one through eggs). I read about the horde shiny method, so i decided to try it with Sweet Scent. I went up to that patch of grass up in Azure Bay, and started. After Arceus knows how long, there it was; a shiny Wingull.

I never evolved it; I just stuck it in my PC box. How cruel... but that did start my love of shiny hunting!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first encounter with a wild shiny Pokémon was in Pokémon Pearl Version, back in high school. It was a Roselia.

I actually still have her as a Roserade in my Sun Version game. She doesn't have a nickname, but she has a Timid nature. She was my first wild shiny Pokémon, and I didn't even know there were other differently-colored Pokémon aside from the infamous Red Gyarados of Gold and Silver. I was a very ignorant kid back then. XD

I've caught loads of other shiny Pokémon as well since then. Some from events, a couple from wonder trades, a few from chaining, and some that were completely random encounters. There was only ever one shiny Pokémon that got away from me: a Weezing. It used Explosion. I was so angry. >:(

4. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My first legit shiny was a Ledyba I found in one of my berry plants in Pokémon Y. I wonder traded it off, because I didn't like how similar the shiny was to the original.

A few months ago I found my first egg shiny. It's a Mimikyu I named Spooky. Out of all the shiny Pokémon I own, this one is my favorites. I just like how gray it is.

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I remember someone trading me a shiny Ledyba for one of my shiny Audino (I somehow caught 2 of them, one from Black version and one from AlphaSapphire. Both were random while I was naturally grinding levels). Probably not yours, but still. It's a golden Ledian now.

6. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Might not be mine, but that's still pretty cool!

7. RoosterHelmet

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.6
    My first shiny was a Nincada I caught in Emerald when I was like, 11 and I named her Popcorn. Then I stopped playing the game for a while after that and forgot about Popcorn, so when I wanted to play again, I deleted the save file and then halfway through the SAVING. DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER screen I realized what I had done.

Then in Diamond my best friend traded me a shiny Wurmple and I evolved it and traded it for a Vespiquen lol

8. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    my bf found a shiny not long ago, but he defeated it, and I was like
    come on!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( o.O :sweat: O_O :s :/

9. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Ok, so it's storytime. Sit down criss cross applesauce as I tell a sorrowful tale...

Once, there was a little Wolfey playing her HeartGold file. She was frolicking around in the tall grass, until she spotted a Nidorina. But this one was... magenta?

The little Wolfey took out her Safari Balls, given to her by the warden. Every time she threw, the Pokémon would break free. Eventually, the Nidorina decided it had overstayed it's welcome and left.

It had just run away! The little Wolfey dropped the ball in hand and just stood there, frozen in time. It had just run away. She spent a few minuets looking for it again, to no avail. She then left the Safari Zone, her head hung low with sorrow.

(welcome to I accidentally write fanfiction. Basically, I found a shiny Nidorina in the HGSS Safari Zone, and it ran. the end.)

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm going to exclude the Mystery Egg from Crystal since its shiny rate was high, but mine was Whismur from Sapphire. I was sooo shaken and excited to get one, especially since I hardly knew what shinies were at the time. Only thing is was that I disliked Exploud, so it never did become a permanent team member. =c Then I transferred it up to DPPt. And eventually made a few file over it since I was desperate to replay. So many regrets. ;3;

11. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I don't even remember what game it was but it was a shiny Chansey. I then found shiny Blissey LOOKS VERY MUCH THE SAME AS NORMAL BLISSEY >8C
    But it's all good because I have a shiny Cutiefly now which is one of my fave shinies so I'm over the Chansey heartbreak. Somewhat.

12. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    Shinies weren't even a thing when I first played Pokémon. Everyone had a Gameboy Advance, trading cards were the talk of the town, and the anime was a new thing back in the day.

13. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,105.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Okay, I'll tell you about the only Shiny Pokémon I've ever encountered in the wild. Though, I've already talked about this in another topic, so I'll just get to the point.

In my Pokémon HeartGold game, I was in the Burned Tower when, to my surprise, a yellow Rattata leapt out of the woodworks! I was so happy that I finally found a Shiny Pokémon, so I wanted to try to catch it. What happened next?

I tried to knock it down in health and managed to knock it out instead. I was heartbroken about that, and I never saw another Shiny Pokémon in the wild after that. (I guess the Rattata spread the word about me or something...)