1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your name?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Emmie

Emmie Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽61.6
    My name is Emilia. It's supposed to mean Emily in Italian. I guess it's an okay name.

2. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    I actually go by my last name with my circle of friends. It's Krieger, which is the German word for warrior. Though tbh I askes about my family history, and that wasn't our original last name. Somewhere down the line it got changed to that. Apparently it was something a lot more jewish. I am not sure what exactly it was though

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Birth name: Mary, named after my great grandmother
    Name I go by online: Ellen, because one of my favourite characters I really relate to is Kurokawa Ellen from Suite Pretty Cure

4. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    It's basically the same thing for me too haha. Except my original name was Kathryn, but when I changed school I became Katie, and in 5th Class (grade if you're not in Ireland) I started asking people to call me Kat, which has begun to stick.

I was originally going to be named Emily, but my parents went against it at the last moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    //sips coffee
    Now listen 'ere son
    There be many names I go by in this here land, but some refer to me as... Jacob.

I don't really think of it as something special, but by the same token I don't consider it too generic. I like it but it's gonna suffer the issue of becoming "common" due to me never knowing a time when I wasn't called Jacob haha. In more recent times people have started referring to me simply as Jake though. I can't exactly remember why I got that name, originally I was apparently gonna be named Noah but that changed somewhere along the line

6. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    You know how much I can relate to this, and that's kinda scary.

I have literally dozens of aliases, but my real name is Greyson, as many of you know. I've legally changed it from Bryce, so I'd appreciate not being referred to as Bryce anymore, thanks ;)

@[member="Aura"] I believe you've told me somewhere down the line that your name is Chris--perhaps it was back when you and I spammed each others' Q&A's?
    @[member="Endrew Swiftwind"] why does that surprise me so much that your irl name is Derek? I guess I always thought you'd be an Adam or Aaron for some reason.

But anywho, let's just call my by my username. There's a select few I'm comfortable with being called by my real name or nicknames, so like many that have posted before me, lets just remember that :P

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Or maybe it's from when I posted it in this exact thread lolol

8. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    You dummy I read your reply before I posted mine ;)

I think it was either on our Q&A's or the PS server when that was a thing. I can't remember though :L

9. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    Jorge. Boring name, I know.

10. FreezingDreamer

FreezingDreamer Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽28.8
    My real name is Alina.

My mother named me like that, because of her name, Galina.

I found out it's a variation for Helen, which means bright.

11. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    My legal full name is Mason Cypress Oury. Mason, as in a person who works with stones. Cypress, as in the tree. And Oury...I have no idea what it's origin is. I go by middle name mostly, but I sometimes go by my first to make things just go easier, or if it's in a more formal setting...like working with the Arkansas General Assembly to get my home state an Official State Dinosaur (Arkansaurus fridayi).

Then, I've added to middle names: Andreas and Satoshi. Back in eighth grade (four years ago), I took German I and we chose German names to go by in class. I chose the name Andreas, which is pretty well-liked German name, and one it just stuck eventually (I even have a piece of paper where I wrote my name as 'Andreas Oury' on it from German class). I'm in AP German now...with a second language! :)

Andreas is a German and Greek name that means 'brave' and is where the name 'Andrew' came from. I'd consider myself pretty brave, most of the time. Also, 'Andrew' is a perfect name for a paleontologist. Paleontology, the study of prehistoric life, is a subject that I'm greatly interested in, career wise.

Satoshi...a common Japanese name meaning 'clear thinking, quick witted or wise' and could be considered the Japanese variant of 'Ash' or 'Asher' (a name that can also be spelled as 'Asch' or 'Ascher', which is more of a German spelling. After getting into Pokémon, I started liking this name a lot...and decided to make it part of my name!

And yeah, I really like my name a lot! Though, I used to not like my first name as much...in high school (specifically last year, in my junior year), I started liking it more...

Also, on such communities as these...rarely does anyone see what people actually look like, so here's this:

[​IMG]

That's me at Glen Rose's Dinosaur World statue park that I visited with my dad a few years ago...when I was a sophomore, I think. But yeah...oh...and what you can't see under my glasses is my eyes, which are green. I have transition lenses since my eyes are very sensitive to light...

Also...fun random fact, since I'm on the topic of eyes, my right eye is bigger than my left, making it a bit hard to close...and bit hard for me to easily switch focus to my left eye, as my right can see well enough in either direction...

Hikari likes this.
  12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    My name is Ben. Most people call me Ben! :)

Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  13. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My name is Elise. Ever hear of the song "Für Elise?" Yeah, that's what my parents named me after, so then the song is practically mine, lol. I always thought it was "For Elise." It was a pretty uncommon name, until recently I heard it more...like in Fire Emblem Fates.

I really like my name, though sometimes they say Elsie or Elias. Seriously...but they've been getting it right lately.

Please continue to call me Hikari, if I had to choose another name, it'd be Hikari. :)

14. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    My name in Andres. I got it from my father, which makes me the second.

I'm Erin. I just live in his head.

LostSpirit likes this.
  15. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I don't post my real name on the internet if I can help it, but I was named after a song that played on the radio just after I was born. I like that it's short and a bit on the more uncommon side so I'm not constantly having awkward moments sharing classes etc, with people with the same name but I also just feel really uncomfortable when being addressed by my name in the first place. Something which no one is ever mature about when I point out, so I just try to pretend I don't care :P

16. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    My name is Janna and it is lovely to meet you all! ...Ya. The J is pronounced the same as how it's read in French, like from the name Jean, for example. A 'jh' sound. Just add an A to the end of Jean and you pretty much have my name's pronunciation lol. Everyone here pronounces it either Yanna (Spanish way) or Janna like the name John + an A, since we don't really use the jh pronunciation in most US states.

Mom intended for it to be similar to Joan of Arc so she named me that, though we're also Russian born where the name is a bit more common. =o

Cadbberry likes this.
  17. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    My name is Julia. Dad wanted to name me after a singer/actress but mom changed it a little

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My name's Josephine, my parents just called me that basically because they thought it sounded nice.

#38 Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  19. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    can i call you grandpa

That's pretty cool! I knew how to spell your name before, but knowing the history now tells me my pronunciation was off :P

20. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    My real name is Tomasena ( Thomas- eena ) My mom named me after the movie "The Three Lives of Thomasina" veeeeeeeeeery old movie.

Usually I go by Kai/Kaisen at this point, because I dislike my real name xD