1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal White 2 Randomized Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Getus, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Whelp here we go, my first time doing a Nuzlocke that I'm actually documenting.

Rules:
    - Can only capture the first encounter in each area unless there is also a static encounter which I can also get
    - When a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be put in the appropriate box
    - All captures must be nicknamed (In this case I'll be naming them based on mythology for personal preference)
    - If I white out (Lose my entire party) it is game over even if I have Pokémon left in the box
    - Dupes clause is included — If an encounter is the same as a previous one (That I successfully caught) then I may reencounter
    - If there are patches of dark grass where I receive a double battle as the encounter I may choose the Pokémon I want
    - Locke does not begin until I receive my first set of Pokeballs
    - Battle Style is Set.
    - Finally, I can only have one of each typing in my team as a primary typing. For example if I receive a Gengar (Ghost/Poison) Then I can no longer have a ghost type in my team without boxing Gengar, but I can still have a Poison type.

In this Nuzlocke I will be using a randomizer, and I have randomized the Pokémon in every area, items in every area, my Starters and trainer Pokémon. Therefore, I could encounter a Magikarp where I would usually find Zekrom or vice versa. Due to the unpredictability of this I have enabled full HM compatibility so every Pokémon can learn every HM (Although this is more for an HM slave than for battling purposes)

As a last minute decision, in order to decide on my start Pokémon I'll be basing it off the last number of my Trainer ID, 1-3 grass type, 4-6 fire type, 7-9 water type and 0 is my choice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Aspertia City

Choosing the starter
    So not even five minutes in and I almost made a mistake, I forgot to check my trainer ID! Luckily I remembered last minute and my ID ends with the number 2, so whatever is in the grass type slot will be my starter!
    Before I see what my starter is I decided to look at the 2 I wouldn't be getting. AND IN THE PLACE OF THE WATER TYPE IS SHINX! Not going to lie, wouldn't have minded that.
    IN THE PLACE OF FIRE IS~ Igglybuff... I feel l just avoided what could have been a
    short nuzlocke.
    And so, looking at my starter I can say I am overjoyed. My smile couldn't get in bigger because I have received one of the best starts I've ever had in Pokémon nuzlockes. For my starter is Bagon! (The urge to name it Bacon is high but I will ignore it).
    Aaaaand game crashed. Luckily nothing changed except my ID number going from 2 to 1 so disaster averted wipes away sweat.
    Anyway my original name for Bagon was Coca, a name from Portuguese mythology of a Dragon that battled with Saint George, but as Bagon is a male I will instead name him Azazel. An Apocalyptic Dragon which is fitting because I feel like the apocalypse has ran over whenever I see an Salamance.

Rival Battle!
    Time to test out Azazel in battle against my rival, who's first Pokémon (Which will be different next time because randomized) is... Sewaddle. AND I WAS WORRIED!
    In a quick battle my Azazel defeated Sewaddle with a few rages and a bite.
    So needless to say I like my starter, now I just hope he doesn't get beaten early on like my starters tend to do.
    Nuzlocke begins!
    So being shown the PokeCenter I suddenly received Pokeballs! I didn't realise I got them so soon, but here we go the nuzlocke has officially begun and I'm hoping Azazel doesn't suffer the fate of my other nuzlocke starters even more now.

Route 19

First Encounter!
    And to finish off my first update, I present to you my first encounter! A Pansage! Pansage gets a lot of hate but I've always liked it, at least more than the other two.
    The battle begins with me using Bite, and in return the game gives me a lucky flinch! Put Pansage down to just over half health, so I take the risk and hope that my second Bite doesn't crit, AND IT DOESN'T!
    On the first ball thrown I capture my brand new Pansage! I name Pansage, Hanuman, after the god in Hinduism which Pansage somewhat reminds me of.

Not the best Pokémon overall especially Nature wise, but it's better than nothing and it could still be a big part of my team.

Azazel's Summary
    [3D='bagon']
    Adamant Nature
    Att — 13
    Def — 12
    SpA — 8
    SpD — 8
    Spd — 11
    Ability — Rockhead
    Moveset — Rage, Bite

Hanuman's Summary
    [3D='bagon']
    Sassy Nature
    Att — 9
    Def — 9
    SpA — 10
    SpD — 8
    Spd — 9
    Ability:Glutony
    Moveset: Scratch, Leer.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Awesome, I love randomized nuzlockes for their unpredictable nature. Glad you got a good starter Pokémon to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Route 19

[SIZE=10pt]Going through Route 19 I was able to level Azazel and Hanuman up a level, but until I get a special move Hanuman will be incredibly weak. Also I was able to get a flame plate! Is this a sign? Is Arceus nearby?[/SIZE]
    Route 20

[SIZE=10pt]Whelp here we are, Route 20 where my first real trainer battle will take place. I don't think my Hanuman is readybut that's half te fun I suppose. It's a good thing I rememberd to buy potions before I left for Route 20 because my first trainer battle was with a Gorebyss and Hanuman AS NOT ready, turn 1 and he gets trapped in a Whirlpool so he couldn't swap out. Without those potions I would be down a Pokémon already.[/SIZE]

Route 20 Encounter

After three battles I decided it was high time to look for my encounter, and after running around [SIZE=10pt]in[/SIZE] the grass for a while my encounter appeared, and it was a Banette! After almost losing Hanuman again I was able to catch her, filling my team with a Dragon type, Grass type and a Ghost type. Not bad typings if I say so myself. And I name the Banette, Eris!

Floccesey Ranch Encounter

So I didn't realize my Route 20 Encounter and Floccesey Ranch were so close together. Wasn't I pleasantly surprised, anyway my encounter for this area is a Clefairy! ...Me and my stupid fingers instead of pressing the items tab, I pressed the run button... And fled from my encounter so that is an encounter wasted.

Floccesey Ranch cont.

It's Rival time! After the failure of my previous encounter, I'm heading into this battle with the will to succeed! He starts with a level 8 Politoed which I'm planning to match with my level 4 Eris.
    HORRIBLE DECISION! Eris barely survived a hit, and in return did no damage. Looks like I'll be using Azazel for this. Just great, Politoed has hypnosis, this isn't turning out well. If that doesn't make things hard enough, it also knows perish song! What is this Pokémon?

Beat him with one turn remaining, leveled Azazel up to level 8 and Eris moved up 4 levels also to level 8, my teams levels are equal now.

Currently this ranch means bad things. I decided to complete the trainer battles before continuing the story and the first trainer I encountered had a Tyranitar. It got a crit against Eris and Eris fell honorably in battle. We did not know her long, but she will be remembered.

It took everything I had to defeat the Tyranitar, almost losing Azazel in the process but I did it, and then Sceptile appeared... I was lucky it only knew Absorb and so a few licks from Hanuman took care of it.

Finally Hanuman gained a new, useful, move! Vine Whip, not the move I'm looking for but it'll do for now.

Got frustration from the Team Plasma grunt, pretty amusing way for them to give the player the TM btw, and went back to the Pokémon Center to this playtime.

Team Recap:
    Azazel the Bagon[3D='bagon']
    Hanuman the Pansage[3D='pansage']

Fallen Members:
    Eris the Banette (RIP)[3D='banette']

New Captures:
    Eris the Banette

Thanks for reading this update? I'm curious, would people like to see me go into detail about each new Pokémon I capture? Like their stats, nature's and stuff or just mention the Pokémon?

5. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I mean, moves, levels, and natures are usually nice to see. Good luck with the rest of the Nuzlocke!

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Man I love randomizers! I would be careful on those items vs run buttons tho ;)
    Also perhaps adding the 3D sprites to your Pokémon would be nice

7. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    I'll admit it now, I have no idea how to add the 3D Sprites lol

8. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    You use that three blocks button next to the quote and spoiler button. Type in the Pokémon's name in lower case

Getus likes this.
  9. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Thanks! Been wondering how to do that for a while lol

10. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    well I am glad to help out!

11. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    It's up to you what you feel like showing. In a way it depends on the kind of trainer you are. I don't know enough about the values of natures to really get interested. What you have now is a decent base, and if you aren't interested in adding more I wouldn't worry. Poor Eris though. That's the danger of randomizers, you never know what can happen. Good luck!

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    I'm back! And I'm ready to avenge Eris by conquering the first gym before ending this update!

So because I never did it last time I'm going to show Eris's stats before her tragic death.

Eris the Banette [3D='banette']
    Lvl 8
    Hardy nature
    Insomnia Ability
    Att - 27
    Def - 18
    SpA - 22
    SpD - 17
    Spe - 18

Moveset - Knock Off, Screech, Night Shade, Curse

As you can see, Eris was strong and her loss will affect the team.

Flocessy Town - Alders Home

So I apparently have two battles ahead of me, I've got a bad feeling about this... Alright not so bad, the first only has a Lickilicky that's level 9. Beat it without a problem and Hanuman moved up 2 levels to level 12, Hanuman is doing well considering how weak he was originally was. I think to balance my team I will have to use Azazel in my next battle, hopefully things will go just as well...

Oh and Alder healed our Pokémon, how nice of him.

A NIDOQUEEN, SHE HAS A NIDOQUEEN! This bad feeling got worse, Hanuman is too big a risk leaving me with only Azazel and even that's a bit of a risk. Whoo, that was close. Azazel got poisoned and almost defeated from a crit scratch, but thankfully I had potions and was able to wear her down. Azazel is now level 11.

Aspertia City - Gym

So I'm here, with two Pokémon to take on my first gym. I think levels 11 and 12 should be enough to handle the gym, but maybe farming a few more levels would be a smart decision, but who ever said I was smart? LETS DO THIS, LEEEROOOY-

Alright so the first trainer in the gym has a level 9 Kirlia as his first Pokémon (which is alright as Azazel knows bite), kinda worried how high Cheren's ace is going to be.

Alright so a Kirlia and a Cyndiquil, both level 9. Not bad.

Trainer #2 had a Sunflora and a Whismur, both level 9. Easy peasy, some free exp for Azazel and raising my confidence for Cheren, I'm making the prediction now. Cheren's ace will be level 12.

Gym Leader Battle
    And we're off! Cheren begins with a level 11 Shiftry, so Azazel should be able to handle this... Oh god, feint attack hurt and then it began using nasty plot. I need to end this quick.

After a long battle involving of me using all of my potions i managed to beat the Shiftry without a single loss, although it was close. Now Cheren's ace has been shown as a level 13 Clefable, thankfully both Azazel and Hanuman leveled up to 13 and Hanuman learned Fury Swipes, so I might be able to do this.

No... Sing followed by a metronome that turned into a Leaf Storm crit. We lost Azazel. He suffered the fate of my starters, and Hanuman is on 6 HP with no healing items, I hate to say it but this might be the end..

HANUMAN ALMOST DID IT, IF HE GOT ONE MORE CRIT ON FURY SWIPES I WOULD HAVE WON D: But he fell up short and lost in battle, I have whited out and I hate to say it but the nuzlocke is over already.. It was tragic, but it was fun and I look forward to my next one.

Thanks for reading, I think I'll go weep now.

RIP TEAM

13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Sad day. So sorry to hear about your losses, and just when the adventure was picking up too.

14. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    This is an interesting approach, also, how could you pass up the Bacon opportunity :'D