1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Why Not This Type?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Phantasm, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Phantasm

Phantasm School Kid

? HMM ?
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.3
    [​IMG]
    Haven't we all at least once wondered what it would be like to have the same Pokémon... but it be a different type? What Pokémon would you like to retype and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Flumph

Flumph PKMN Breeder

Azelf (Anniversary)
    (Azelf (Anniversary))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,834.1
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    Celebi needs that fairy type, and lugia is the guardian of the SEA but no it's clearly more psychic than water

RadEmpoleon, Jeydis, Phantasm and 2 others like this.
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Along those same lines, the whole gothita line screams dark type, at least as a secondary type, but is just another in a long line of boring psychics

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never understood why Gyrados was a flying type instead of a dragon or something. Then there's the classic Golduck and freaking Psyduck not being psychic types. Both Psyduck and Golduck have Pokédex entries that directly say that they have psychic powers...but they're not psychic types.

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Gyrados is a big one for me but I also never understood why Tyranitar was a rock type. Its not really affiliated with the rock in any way other than a Pokédex entry that states it so powerful it can move mountains.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I know Dhelmise has algae, but it’s a haunted anchor. How does that not make it a steel type?

Komala could have worked well as a Normal/grass type since the mallet it holds looks like wood (STAB wood hammer would be a nice bonus.)