1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Work Stories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RegionRunner150, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    So technically there WAS an 'On the job stories' thread but it didn't let me reply in it so I decided to basically make my own. What are your best work stories, it doesn't have to be a job necessarily, just anything you've done where you've worked (so can be volunteering.) Stories can be funny or sad, or impressive. I've got 1 right now actually.

1. My school has volunteering requirements (10 hours minimum) as part of its curriculum, so I decided to volunteer at my local library. The woman in charge of volunteering put me on a 2 hour shift to "help us organize." It amounted to me shelving books for 2 hours which I could do in 30 minutes, so I started slowing down and being more meticulous, sometimes reading the books I got (I was usually placed in the comics section cause I was the only dude who volunteered at that time.) Eventually she saw me and said "you don't seem to be working at your usual rate, in fact you've seemed to be slowing down quite a lot lately, I don't think this is a good fit for you." So basically I got fired from a volunteer job.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Two stories from two different jobs come to mind. One of them, I was working at a dog kennel. I was supposed to clean out the dog houses that the mom dogs and their puppies stayed in, but the dogs were still there in the cages where their houses were. I would lure them out of their dog house with food, and then quickly try to clean it out. For the most part, it worked out okay because the adult dogs were cautious of me and didn't get to close, and the puppies that were curious and wanted to see what I was doing were small enough for me to just pick up and place aside...except for the huskies. For some reason, this husky family was really intrigued about what I was doing, so they pushed their way into the doghouse. I could barely pull myself out once there were three almost adolescent puppies and a fully grown husky in there with me.

The other story is from when I worked at a thrift store. In the back, we are supposed to go through the clothes and sort through them. Not everything is allowed to go through. We're not supposed to send through anything that 'promoted' anything sinful or satanic. My coworkers interpreted this to mean that they shouldn't put a shirt with a pentagram on it through, even though it's the inverted pentagram that is associated with demonic forces, but whatever. What was ridiculous though was that my coworkers also thought (and this happened on the same day) that the Star of David was a 'pentagram' and a symbol of the Devil...even though the Star of David is about as far from a demonic symbol as the cross is, but whatever.

RegionRunner150 likes this.
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Alright, I have one. So I'm cleaning the bathrooms at walmart. It's during the christmas season and the store is utter chaos. I just cleaned the front women's restroom so now that I fixed up my cart I go up and start cleaning the mens. The restroom was in decent shape so I get to work bringing it back up to top form. I'm halfway through the work and a women is at the door. She is demanding entry into the restroom because she can't hold it any more. I look at the poor women with a dumbstruck face and tell her that I can't let her in because this is the men's restroom. The women's in behind the door not even five feet away. She looks at me, looks and finds the sign by the door and heads in. I began to laugh so hard because it was the craziest thing I had ever seen considering the sign was level with her eyes. I did feel bad for laughing but it was the craziest time of year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...