1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

⊰✧ Deltheor's Drawings ✧⊱

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Deltheor, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    All of this art is just absolutely phenomenal. You are quite amazing and you never fail to astound me :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Del, your art is phenomenal! I really love the shading in each of your work. I also really liked the different textures in some of your work such as the redone Volcarona. I think what I liked most was the vibrant colors that really made the glows of Pokémon like Groudon and Kyogre pop.
    Keep up the great work, Del!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. murmurlade

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    that beedrill piece scared the heck out of me XD
    but gosh, i really do like your artwork~
    //spams watch button on your deviantart

im eggsolutely green with envy looking at your perspectives... *_*

4. The Royal Aegis

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    The eyes of your Pokémon make them look so realistic and almost as if they are going to jump out of the screen, especially the Azelf and Gliscor.

5. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag!
    Thanks so much, I'm glad you like my art!

Thank you very much!

I love messing around with textures and different effects, so I'm glad you like them!

Beedrill is one of my favorite classic Pokémon, haha. Sorry it scared you! Regardless, I'm glad you like my stuff!

Thanks! I really enjoy detailing the eyes in my drawings, they're so much fun.

I've been working on a small project of sorts for a short while, based after a trend that's been going around the internet. Basically the premise of the trend was to draw a Pokémon with a bunch of different patterns or body types, sort of imitating how different actual species in real life can have subspecies or variations.

I wanted to try my hand at this trend, and what better Pokémon to do it with than one of my favorites- Rayquaza! Rayquaza is kind of iconic though, on top of being a Legendary, and I wanted to do something a bit different rather than just changing its markings. Since I'm a huge mythology nut, I decided to base its different variations after actual dragons in mythology!

[​IMG]
    • Standard Rayquaza- Basic Rayquaza in the Pokémon franchise.
    Most common variant of Rayquaza, made famous by lore and murals passed down in the Hoenn region. It calms the rage of Groudon and Kyogre in many myths.

[​IMG]
    • Lóng Rayquaza- Based after Chinese dragons.
    A symbol of power and luck, this Rayquaza's golden scales are highly sought after, making it a symbol of royalty in some countries.

[​IMG]
    • Nāga Rayquaza- Based after the snake deity in Indian mythology. Also has traits of the King Cobra.
    The most snake-like out of the Rayquaza variants, this dragon is revered as a guardian of nature. It is highly curious of others, and will only attack if threatened.

[​IMG]
    • Y Ddraig Goch Rayquaza- Based after the Welsh dragon, namely the Welsh flag.
    It is fiercely protective of its territory, and will guard its land with its life. This Rayquaza is the protector of many countries due to this trait.

[​IMG]
    • Quetzalcoatl Rayquaza- Based after the Meso-American feathered serpent.
    This Rayquaza variant is rarely seen, and also one of the most powerful due to its ties to the sky. It is revered as a creator deity in some areas, and brings fertility wherever it rests.

[​IMG]
    • Jörmungandr Rayquaza- Based after the Nordic sea serpent that encircles the world. Also has traits of deep-sea fish.
    The largest subspecies of Rayquaza, this variant has grown to immense proportions and gained bioluminescence and gills to stay in the depths of the oceans. It is said that the world will end if it rises to the surface.
    _ __ ___ _______________________________________ ___ __ _

I'm not the best at designs, but man did I have fun with these. Mythology is something I've loved since I was a kid, especially dragons, so working on this was incredibly enjoyable. I hope you guys like them!

Anyway, that's it for now! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

Rayquaza, Ryan, Magistrum and 4 others like this.
  6. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Wow... those Rayquaza are cool. I've also loved mythology and dragons for a long time. So bringing those to Pokémon is really cool. Well done, as with all your art.

7. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I probably said sometime ago that I really enjoyed your newest drawings. The texture, colouring, and ideas that you put are really great. The colours blend really great and it shows that you have fun with what you put out. If you don't mind me asking what program(s) do you use?

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Oh my god such beautiful rayquazas <3 The last one is my fave but I also like the other dark one! Can't wait to see more <3

9. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! Mythology is so much fun to learn about, I'm really glad you like it.

Thank you so much! I mainly use Photoshop for my digital stuff, since that's really the only art-related program I have.

Thanks very much! I love drawing Rayquaza, it's way too much fun to draw, haha.

I was going through some of my really old drawings last night and I came across a Legendary Fakemon I made in 2008. I really liked the idea behind it, so I figured I would revamp and redraw it!

[​IMG]

Its name is Oracion, and it's based after the song the bell towers play in the Rise of Darkrai Pokémon movie. (Here's a link if you want to watch the scene) As said before, I originally made this Fakemon after watching the movie many years ago, and I still really like its design. I didn't revamp much from its original design, I purposely made it rather simple to sort of fit in with the other 'cute' Legendaries such as Mew and Celebi.

Overall, I still really like it, even if it is simple. I'm planning on making an alternate form/Mega for it that adds onto its current appearance quite a bit and makes it look more like the bell towers in the movie. I dunno when I'll have time to get to that, though.

Stats and Information
    Here's a bunch of stat information I wrote up about it, if you're interested in it. I included its general information, ability, stats, level-up moves, and other moves it can learn!

Oracion
    Becalming Pokémon
    Fairy/Flying
    Height: 2'05" (just its body- with tail included it's a little over 3' tall, with an almost 4' total wingspan)
    Weight: 29 lbs

Pokédex Entry:
    Its voice can calm even the most ferocious of Pokémon. It is rarely seen, but its song is known throughout many regions. Somewhere in the world, there are twin bell towers that play the song of Oracion.

Ability:
    Harmonious Voice - Increases the power of sound-based moves by 30%, and can pass through Soundproof.

Base Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: 90
    Def: 90
    SpA: 110
    SpD: 110
    Spe: 100

Level-Up:
    - Peck
    - Growl
    - Wish
    - Aromatherapy
    - Disarming Voice
    6: Charm
    10: Uproar
    15: Fairy Wind
    19: Sing
    25: Wing Attack
    29: Defog
    35: Moonblast
    46: Melodic Wing
    50: Agility
    55: Power Gem
    68: Perish Song
    75: Synchronoise
    85: Boomburst

Melodic Wing
    Fairy; 80 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, 10 PP (Sound-based move)
    Envelops the target in its glowing wings while singing a powerful melody. The user's HP is restored by over half the damage taken from the target.

TM:
    TM03 Psyshock
    TM04 Calm Mind
    TM05 Roar
    TM05 Toxic
    TM10 Hidden Power
    TM15 Hyper Beam
    TM16 Light Screen
    TM17 Protect
    TM19 Roost
    TM20 Safeguard
    TM21 Frustration
    TM27 Return
    TM29 Psychic
    TM30 Shadow Ball
    TM32 Double Team
    TM33 Reflect
    TM40 Aerial Ace
    TM42 Facade
    TM43 Flame Charge
    TM44 Rest
    TM48 Round
    TM49 Echoed Voice
    TM51 Steel Wing
    TM53 Energy Ball
    TM58 Sky Drop
    TM62 Acrobatics
    TM65 Shadow Claw
    TM67 Retaliate
    TM68 Giga Impact
    TM70 Flash
    TM77 Psych Up
    TM85 Dream Eater
    TM88 Sleep Talk
    TM89 U-turn
    TM90 Substitute
    TM91 Flash Cannon
    TM92 Trick Room
    TM94 Secret Power
    TM96 Nature Power
    TM97 Dark Pulse
    TM99 Dazzling Gleam
    HM02 Fly

Tutor:
    Water Pulse
    Shock Wave
    Covet
    Signal Beam
    Endeavor
    Uproar
    Zen Headbutt
    Heat Wave
    Hyper Voice
    Sky Attack
    Skill Swap
    Helping Hand
    Trick
    Recycle
    Heal Bell
    Tailwind
    Magic Room
    Wonder Room
    Icy Wind

Anyway, that's it for now! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

Ryan, 8542Madness and Aurelia like this.
  10. Azazel

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    That's really cute! You could have it like a companion to Darkrai and Cressi too? Like maybe it can give you lucid dreams :o

11. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Awww it reminds me of a Final Fantasy theme on it. Very bright and gorgeous, I sure as hell can't draw animals to save my life.

On average how long does it take you to finish a piece?

12. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    These are SO FABULOUS YOU ARE AMAZING

13. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! And it's kind of its own standalone legendary, it doesn't fit into Darkrai's and Cresselia's mythos very well, since it doesn't involve dreams at all.

I'm glad you like it! I've never played Final Fantasy, so I have no idea how similar it is to that, haha.

It really depends on the piece- I honestly don't have an average because I take a ton of breaks while drawing. Overall it depends on how many characters and how much detail there is.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them!

I mentioned how I might make an alternate form for Oracion if I got the chance, and well- here it is!

[​IMG]

I'm calling it Oracion's Exalted Forme for lack of a better title. Essentially once you equip one of the ancient music discs shown in the Rise of Darkrai movie to Oracion, it changes into this form. It grows a lot bigger, grows metal armor plates around its body that resemble the decorations on the towers in the movie (and gains the Steel typing as opposed to Flying), and it gets buffs to its stats with some different level-up moves.

I really like how it came out overall, I'm pretty proud of this guy! I may make sprites for them eventually, but for now, I'm happy with these designs.

Stats and Information
    Similar to its regular forme, I have a bunch of stats and information on this Fakemon! It's mostly similar to the information in my previous post about Oracion, however, some of its moves change (similar to Kyurem's move changes- the new move replaces the previous forme's move upon changing), and it has different stats and typing.

Oracion - Exalted Forme (Changes forme while holding the Ancient Disc)
    Becalming Pokémon
    Fairy/Steel
    Height: 5'11" (just its body while standing- it has a 7' total wingspan)
    Weight: 219 lbs

Pokédex Entry:
    Its voice can calm even the most ferocious of Pokémon. It is rarely seen, but its song is known throughout many regions. Somewhere in the world, there are twin bell towers that play the song of Oracion.

Ability:
    Harmonious Voice - Increases the power of sound-based moves by 30%, and can pass through Soundproof.

Base Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: 100
    Def: 120
    SpA: 140
    SpD: 120
    Spe: 100

Level-Up:
    - Peck
    - Growl
    - Wish
    - Iron Defense
    - Disarming Voice
    6: Charm
    10: Uproar
    15: Fairy Wind
    19: Sing
    25: Wing Attack
    29: Defog
    35: Moonblast
    46: Melodic Wing
    50: Automotize
    55: Power Gem
    68: Perish Song
    75: Mirror Shot
    85: Boomburst

Melodic Wing
    Fairy; 80 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, 10 PP (Sound-based move)
    Envelops the target in its glowing wings while singing a powerful melody. The user's HP is restored by over half the damage taken from the target.

It learns the same TM and Tutor moves as its regular forme.

14. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Whoa! That's awesome! I love how the background makes the image seem really alive. You sir, are way better than I could ever be in my wildest dreams.

15. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you so much! I really enjoy shading and working on background, even if it takes a while. I'm glad you like it, though!

For April Fool's, I had a bit of a code-deciphering puzzle on my profile, and for those who figured it out, they got a drawing of any Pokémon of their choosing! [member=Sachi-Shimazu], [member=LostSpirit], [member=8542Madness], [member=Steamlined], [member=Astralogy], and [member=Northwind's Call] all solved it, so I drew a Pokémon for each of them.

They're all just very quick colored drawings, so they're nothing too fancy, but I had fun working on them all the same!
    _ __ ___ ________________________________________________ ___ __ _​

[​IMG]
    First off is a Roserade for Sachi-Shimazu. I've never drawn a full-body Roserade before, so this was quite fun! I tried to make its hands a bit more realistic, and I like how they came out.
    [​IMG]
    Next is a Togekiss for LostSpirit! I've always imagined Togekiss as a giant fluffy owl fairy of sorts, so that's what I tried to draw it as. I'm really happy with it, I love how fluffy it looks.

[​IMG]
    8542Madness asked for a Mewtwo! I've drawn so many Mewtwo in the past, drawing them is pretty much second-nature to me at this point. They're so much fun to draw!

[​IMG]
    This Vulpix is for Steamlined. Vulpix is pretty adorable, I love how foxes look in general. I tried to make it as fuzzy as possible while still sticking to the original design.

[​IMG]
    Astralogy asked for a Mega Gallade! This was the one that gave me the most trouble- I love Gallade a lot as a Pokémon, but god is it so hard to draw properly. Its football hips are so difficult to draw, haha. I still like how the perspective came out, though!

[​IMG]

And finally, this female Pyroar is for Northwind's Call. I like drawing lions, but I don't draw them that often. I'm pretty proud of this one, I think it looks nice!

16. pokedragonS8

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Aha! I knew your art looked familiar...
    I saw your Rayquaza variants over at Deviantart! Insta faved them! :D

Would love to see more of your art. :)

17. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Woah! Your art is amazing @[member="Deltheor"]! Your art is truly breath-taking!

What kind of tablet do you use?

18. Azazel

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Amazing as always! They're very lucky <3
    Roserade and Togekiss are my faves.

19. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'm glad you liked those! I had a ton of fun working on the Rayquaza variations, I always love drawing Rayquaza.

Thanks a bunch! I have an old Wacom Graphire tablet that's 10 years old. I have no idea how the thing is still running, honestly.

Thank you so much! I like how Togekiss came out, I love drawing feathers.

I haven't been drawing too much lately because I've been working on a very large commission (14 characters plus a background. It's huge, to say the least). I have been doing some practice drawings in the meantime and whatnot. I did this one today before working on commissions-

[​IMG]

I like drawing in the style of the 6th Generation trainers, it's fun! I did pretty much everything in this from scratch, except the text. I'm pretty happy with how it came out overall, I like trying to draw things in styles different than my own. The gloves look kind of weird, but they're archery gloves, not normal gloves. They only cover the middle three fingers, minus the pinky and thumb.

20. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    jfc I am in love with that Vulpix Pokémon you drew. Ever since I was young I always had a thing for Vulpix and always dreamed of wanting to own one in real life. I'm so jelly of you Steamlined!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.