Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

Ask Eclipse, the Pure-Black Dragon

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#1 Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

QuestionEclipse.jpg
Source: somewhere on Pinterest

My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear!

Greetings, and welcome to the inquiry desk of Eclipse. Many of you have no doubt seen me out and about the Lake, and have a fairly good grasp of what I do and how I act. However, that is only a general picture of this dragon; if you find yourself to have any specific questions for me, this is the place to ask them. Of course, you may also view my thoughts in the various threads I peruse, but that can't tell you everything.

Here, I shall be asked questions by you. And I, in turn, shall answer them. This shall foster communication in a more productive manner than a simple topic would accomplish, as there will be noticeably less restraint.

To keep things organized and simple, I shall lay down some ground rules before we begin. They are as follows, in brief:
  • Regardless of anything else, all posts here must conform to Lake Valor rules, both overall and section-specific. There shall be no exceptions to this, be it on my part or yours.
  • I reserve the right to refuse to answer any question asked to me, for any reason. More often this shall apply to questions of a more personal nature, but if I discern the question to be mean-spirited, stupid, meaningless, or otherwise contrary, those are also a few examples to which I will not answer. (The most common questions of this type are about things I don't know anything about. Personal questions are also strictly off-limits.)
  • Please check the list within this topic's first post to see if your question has been asked before. There is little point in being asked and answering the same question twice. While I won't be annoyed or outright refuse to answer, I'll just state the title of the similar previous question I'd answered before.
  • I will treat all questions, and their inquirers, equally. To me, all questions have equal weight, whether asked by the lowliest of the low or the top of the pyramid - or if they're asked one-by-one or ten at a time. I have no respect of persons.
  • Though I do answer math questions, this is not the place to do so. Please go here for more information on answering math questions or dilemmas.
  • I may add, change, or remove any or all of these bullet points at any time, at my discretion, if I feel that it is necessary. (In essence, my own rules are subject to change as I wish.) Forum rules shall still remain absolute, however.
  • Below I will keep a list of all questions asked to me (and their answers) to date. I will keep them in alphabetical order, for convenience and look-up. They shall be contained in the spoiler tag directly below. (If a contraction is in the question, it's alphabetised by the two separate words, e.g. What's would be sorted as 'What is'.)
Due to the sheer magnitude of questions that have been asked of me, I've had to break them up into separate posts now.

For questions whose first word begins with A through I, check post #1 (this post).
For those that start with L onward, check post #7.

I believe this covers all of the pertinent points, at present. Now then... What's on your mind?

My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear.
I am currently a moderator for all sections in the Site and General categories.

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?
Drop me a line on my wall or in my inbox - I'll assist you in any way I can!

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#2 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

Nator
    Nator

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,173 posts

User's Awards

What is your favorite snack before heading to bed?

What is one food or beverage that you absolutely detest?

#3 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

8542Madness

User's Awards

How how do you feel about rules and laws in society?

#4 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Noctis
    Noctis

*this message has been removed*

• Contributor+
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

What is the best tasting color? (Kool-Aid reference)

Is it Red?

┏━━━━━━━━┓

169.png250.pngZZFROxa.png

┗━━━━━━━━┛

tumblr_nxshp28vKd1ulezl0o1_500.gif

Xander is husbando

Global Forum Rules〗〖Updates and Changes〗〖The Global Terminal〗〖The League〗〖Ask Me Anything

#5 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

Naomasa
    Naomasa

♣ Villain Of The Era ♣

• Contributor+
  • 905 posts

User's Awards

Do you prefer paper with walls on it or walls with paper on it?

How many people have you talked to in the past month?

Why did you talk to them?

DoXJ9N3.gif

" Why would I leave when I'm ravished by the pleasure that surrounds me? This battlefield is the greatest

stage I have ever created! The ground is soaked crimson, and never-ending wails of those precious

seconds away from their life's end quiver and reverberate around us. Exquisite. Wouldn't you agree? "

#6 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

shinygiratinaz

User's Awards

What is your second favorite flower?

What is your favorite color?

Why so serious? :D

Origin Giratina Adoptable Shiny Giratina Adoptable Shiny Ninetales Adoptable Shiny Origin Giratina Adoptable Giratina Adoptable

Claimer of Giratina, Zygarde, and Cosmog

Thanks to Deltheor for the wonderful signature!

zygardesig.gif

Check out my Q and A!

~Del is great pass it on~

Somedays, I sit, looking at the stars. I muse and wonder. I meditate and reflect. And I find the miracle in a new day of life. Especially since I swallowed so much glass the day before.

#7 Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

(I folded the questions asked me from posts #2-6 into the answer posts. They are not repeated here, for that would be redundant.)

For questions whose first word begins with A through I, check post #1.
For those that start with L onward, check post #7 (this post).

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#8 Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

MayhemMcKoi

User's Awards

Have you seen the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service? What's your opinion on it?

Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Cyndaquil Adoptable Shiny Treecko Adoptable Shiny Pumpkaboo Adoptable Cherrim Adoptable

LrPCsVo.png

Q&A | Tumblr | Fanfiction | AO3 | Twitter | DA ♛

Credit to LostSpirit for the siggy and avatar || Credit to Ashurst for the illustration

#9 Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

Azure
    Azure

The Dream of Another Dream

• VIP
  • 3,163 posts

User's Awards

Do you have a crush on an anime/fictional character? If so, who is it?

My Q&AFanfictionTumblr

Oh, nothing can scare us, because we're not alone anymore.

tumblr_ocmn2kWU1x1s8nccpo3_500.gif

#10 Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Have you seen the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service? What's your opinion on it?
I have not even heard of it, much less seen it. (I generally do not watch movies, as a personal choice.) With a title like that, though, it certainly sounds interesting.

Do you have a crush on an anime/fictional character? If so, who is it?
No. I don't have crushes of any kind, real or fictional.

...The post editor is decidedly irksome.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#11 Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

Azure
    Azure

• VIP
  • 3,163 posts

User's Awards

Have you tried Garlic Knots? If so, did you like them?

Cheese Bread or Garlic Bread?

My Q&AFanfictionTumblr

#12 Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

I will combine both of those into a single entry, since they are closely related.

Have you tried garlic knots? If so, did you like them? What about cheese bread or garlic bread?

I have not heard of garlic knots before, but if they are anything like garlic bread, I believe I would like them, as I absolutely love garlic bread, whenever it is available (which, sadly for me, is not all that often). I prefer garlic bread to cheese bread, which I think is just 'okay'.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#13 Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

Azure
    Azure

• VIP
  • 3,163 posts

User's Awards

What's your favorite bagel? Least favorite bagel?

A bagel you want to try?

My Q&AFanfictionTumblr

#14 Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

I find it odd that only one person is consistently replying, but perhaps it is because the topic is continually pushed off of the first page. Ah well, it makes little difference to me.

What's your favorite bagel? Least favorite bagel? A bagel you want to try?

I do not really like bagels very much; eating them causes me to feel queasy. I am occasionally invited to enjoy bagels with friends, but I will never go for any flavour besides 'plain'. Bagels just unsettle my stomach too much for me to eat them on a regular basis.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#15 Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

ShiroLugia

User's Awards

Do you consider yourself to be social or antisocial?

.LV SUPER MOD SHIROLUGIA.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wip4.gif

+ Art blog + "And now I have neither happiness, nor unhappiness."

#16 Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Do you consider yourself to be social or antisocial?

Antisocial, most certainly. Dealing with people is quite irritating, and I will gladly avoid them whenever possible. I will only put up with social interactions and gatherings because I have to. I cannot effectively deal with people if it is anything more than a one-on-one format (or, rarely, a conversation triangle).

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#17 Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Achromatic

User's Awards

What about forums interests you? :o

Shiny Totodile Adoptable Jirachi Adoptable Shiny Gliscor Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Rowlet Adoptable Shiny Litten Adoptable

Subscribe to me on YouTube

Follow me on Twitter

#18 Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

What about forums interests you?

Absolutely nothing. There are far too many people at once, there is little true interaction, and most people on forums seem to be primarily concerned with their own self-image. Staff tend to be even more atrocious about it, though all of this is based on personal observation and having been on one forum or another for roughly 7 years in all. Simply put, I don't believe that forums actually know what they are trying to accomplish, and thus, don't actually accomplish anything useful. Thus, I find them rather irksome on the whole; I would not deal with them had I the choice.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#19 Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Achromatic

User's Awards

What is your favorite theme on LV?

Shiny Totodile Adoptable Jirachi Adoptable Shiny Gliscor Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Rowlet Adoptable Shiny Litten Adoptable

Subscribe to me on YouTube

Follow me on Twitter

#20 Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

What is your favourite theme on LV?

I'd not thought much about it, actually. I was not even aware there was an option to change the theme, as I didn't see it in the User CP, but chanced to find it at the bottom of any given page. I generally prefer the default whenever possible, but I suppose it could not hurt to view the others. After scrolling through all of the themes I believe I will settle on the Animate for a while, as a change of pace, though I would not be adverse to cycling through other themes, such as Mewtwo's Metropolis, Source, The Depths, and the default.

The information below this line shall not be stored in the original post, but will remain here.

While I am at it, I believe I can give a brief opinion on each theme as I go through it, as I am sure you may find feedback on such things useful.

Those I liked:

Animate - I was quite fond of the darker colors presented, and I have a fascination with space (even though the moving image at the top of the screen may not be of space, it looks much like it).

Lake Valor default - This one I like not only because it is the default (I am not sure why I have a preference for such), but it appears as though a lot of time, love, and care went into making it. It is the small things that differentiate themes that may make or break them, and this has quite a lot of those small things.

Mewtwo's Metropolis - This one I find quite astounding. It seems to be even more receptive to minute changes in the cursor than even the default theme is. The background picture is also something I like; I was a bit saddened to see most of it disappear behind the forum sections themselves! But, such is layout.

Those I was neutral towards:

Gaussian - Neither too bright nor too dim. I am not sure why it has the name Gaussian, though; I think of bell-shaped curves and I saw none of those.

Groudon's Grotto - An interesting volcano-based counterpart to the default. I do like the choice, though I feel the red is a bit dark, and the font is a bit too distracting. Still, I believe the good points cancel out the bad, hence why it rests at neutral to me.

Guardians - Rather plain-spoken overall. There is nothing that really catches the eye about it, but at the very least there is nothing truly negative about it.

Source - See also Guardians. I have a slight preference for this one over other neutrals, though, largely because of the choice of font. And, I don't know if this is present on other teams, but the topmost bar for the User CP follows me as I scroll. I didn't see that on other themes, but perhaps I am not as observant?

The Depths - Oriented almost the same way as Source, just very slightly different. Much of my comments on this will be the same thus.

Those I did not like:

Atlantis - It was not that much different from the default, in truth. The white foreground clashed more.

Dashboard - See also Atlantis, and for much the same reasons.

Kyogre's Cavern - In sharp contrast to Groudon, I found this to be very plain in comparison, which surprised me. I also noticed at the top right, where the User CP is found, the user's avatar is not seen before clicking the drop-down menu at the username, which I found was a nice touch.

Lake Valor Lite - As I do not use a smartphone to access the Internet, and my 3DS can load the default theme just fine (usually), I do not see the need for me to use this. That said, I understand its purpose perfectly well.

Valor - I am guessing that this was an older default theme, from who knows when, but I could be wrong. It's missing a background image, but it's not just that - there seems to be some kind of small 'charm' missing from it too, and I cannot place my finger on what.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users