1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Starter Pokémon Final Types?!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I still can't get over how adorable they all are - yes, even Popplio is beginning to grow on me.

Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with some exciting Pokémon Sun and Moon news!

I just finished watching (or rather listening and following along, damn you school internet) a YouTube video on a channel called TyranitarTube, which often covers possible leaks and announcements for Pokémon, and today something very interesting was covered in the video released about an hour ago.

So, if you head to Pokémon's official Japanese website, you'll be able to see that they've added a large image right at the top that links to Pokémon Sun and Moon's Japanese website. The only information that's posted on there so far is the Japanese live-action trailer and the profiles for the Starter Pokémon. Clicking on each of these will take you to their respective page, which ha he official artwork, extra artwork and details on the Pokémon, just like the English website. However, the types given for the Pokémon are actually images, and clicking on them reveals that there's more to them than meets the eye.

To start off on Rowlet's page, it has two types listed - くさ [Kusa, Grass] and ひこう [Hikou, Flying], and right-clicking the images to open them in a new tab reveals that they are listed as icon01 and icon02 respectively. Now if we head over to Litten's page, it has one type listed - ほのう [Honō, Fire], and right-clicking the image to open it in a new tab reveals that it is listed as icon04. Heading over to Popplio's page and opening it's type, みず [Mizu, Water], as an image in a new tab reveals that it is listed as icon05. This obviously brings up the question of "where is icon03?". Well, it's there. Just not on the page.

If you open any of the aforementioned type images and change the links to include icon03 or icon06, which I have linked here for your convenience, you'll see that images actually appear. The website just redirects if you go any further than icon06, so don't bother trying. Anyway, these two types are じめん [Jimen, Ground] and かくとう [Kakutō, Fighting], which seems to imply that the starters will evolve to become Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground and WAter/Fighting types respectively. Unless these icons are there for another reason, which is highly unlikely, then those are the combinations for the starters.

So, what are your thoughts on this discovery? Are you excited or upset at these type combinations. Remember - this could turn out to be false, but the fact that these specific types are there, and I don't see the Sun or Moon legends being Ground or Fighting types, means that they must be leaked to the starters in some way. So put your speculation in the comments below!

As always, this is [member='Aura'], signing out until the net news scoop!

EDIT: Another theory is going around that, because the Ground icon is listed as icon03, meaning it comes before the Fire icon, icon04, that Rowlet will lose it's Flying type and gain the Ground type, while Litten will stay pure Fire type.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I can definitely see water/fighting, but I don't really see any correlation between Litten and ground typing. It seems kind of off. Though maybe it's because I associate ground with a brown color scheme rather than a black one. I must say, seeing a fire and ground typing would be really cool!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It could be that Litten gains the Fighting type and Popplio gains the Ground type, but if that happens the Pokémon fandom would riot, so I didn't bother listing it as a possibility.

4. Lord Lucca

Lord Lucca Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.3
    I could totally see Popplio evolving into a fighting type, maybe reminiscent of Samurott in appearance? I'm reeeeeeally hoping that the ground typing for Litten is just a kinda red herring, I'm hoping more for a rock type evolution, to form a second type trio (Flying<Rock<Fighting<Flying) like they did with the Kalos crew (Fighting<Psychic<Dark<Fighting).

5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I thought that Popplio Was Going to Be A Fighting Type When It Evolved, But Litten Being a GROUND type, I mean it still works for its Heck Cat design but..... Dark Type Would Have Been Better

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Huh, that would be interesting if Rowlet ended up as a ground type. In fact, if that happens, it might be the first time in Pokémon that a Pokémon loses its secondary type in favor of a new secondary type. Then again, leaks have been wrong way too many times, so I'm not going to be putting too much stock in that theory for now. I believe that Rowlet will end up being Grass/Flying for the time being, since pretty much everything else doesn't make much sense. Litten looks like it'll be Fire/Dark or maybe even Fire/Ground, which are dual typings that I would welcome greatly. Popplio looks like it could possibly be a fighting type or an ice type, but I'm hoping for a fighting, since Water/Fighting is something we've only seen once outside of legendary Pokémon.

They have a lot of opportunities. I hope GameFreak doesn't screw something up again.

7. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    While it's interesting, I don't think they would make a mistake like this. This could also have been done deliberately to throw people off, or uploaded to be used for a different Pokémon. Some of the typings also seem really weird, so I'm not too sure about the legitimacy of this theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.