1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Violet Sky Resources: Concept Sketches

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by EmeraldGlee, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    (I hope you guys don't mind...)

Hey guys! I saw that there's already a thread for the music department, so I decided to add some concept sketches as well!

Protagonists:
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the crap Mawile in the middle. XD I tried to avoid hats as much as possible, since I'm not really fond of them. But since it IS a tradition of all Pokémon games...maybe we should?

Pokémon Evolutions:
    [​IMG]

I understand that these are not really so great and junk, but hey, that's why they're concept sketches! :) They're subject to change...a lot. Please comment on what should be changed and stuff, if you don't like it, if you think it's too "meh"...whatever you feel like saying! Oh, and please post some of your concept sketches as well! We'll share stuff and ideas here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ryan, Nate, Oim and 1 other person like this.
  2. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I think you did a really nice job with the sketches. It's a nice addition to the hack in my opinion. I really like how you added more options in choosing the protagonist, it's always a nice feature, just like the fake Pokémon! Good job. :)

3. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I like the idea of making new evolutions for Pokémon that have no evolutions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I especially like the Farfetch'd evolutions, I always felt he could use some, be a cool flying/fighting samurai duck. Nice job.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    These are really great! I should note we do not pan to add any brand new Pokémon aside from new evolutions, basically nothing completely new.

6. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I'm not sure if we can add the option to choose protags, though that would be cool. I just added options, so that people could pick what they liked most or something, before I go really deep into the design. Kinda like a base, so to speak. :)

That's one of the cute things I like about this rom hack. :) The team's trying to create a possible evolution for the stand alone mons. Maybe some pre-evos too, if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you, dear! I might make a more detailed design of this little guy, maybe color him in. I rather like him as well. How cool would it be if you can see this bird slashing at his enemies all rurounin-like? Oooh! I really like that image! :D

Noted. :D

I'm planning to add some designs for the gym trainers as well in the coming weeks! :D I would really appreciate it if you guys pick a base for the protags, so that I can make a more detailed design. You guys know how funky trainer outfits can get. XD

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Okay. For my own personal take on the matter I numbered the trainer bases one to three, one being most favorite and three being least on your picture.

[​IMG]

8. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    It's possible, as we won't create a rom hack, but a standalone game.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Agreed with Doima, I think these would be the best. :)

10. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Oooo! OK! :D I'll get to sketching them out in Sugimori style (I'll try!).

Oooh! I would really love this, if it isn't too much trouble. XD Kind like a pseudo-customization.

11. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Yeah, I like that too, it would be a nice addition to the game.

12. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Oh yeah, do you guys want it to follow the Sugimori style or do you want me to use my own style to give the game some...uniqueness? I dunno. This is mainly because it's gonna be a little bit hard to copy someone else's style. I tried sketching it earlier and I'm not too happy with it. Oh yeah, since we're making this in the RPG maker thing, do you want me to make those art that you see when they talk...like this?

[​IMG]

(yes, it's Rune Factory 4. XD I'm so excited for this, btw)

13. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Yup, Game Maker softwares, like RPG Maker VX Ace (that's what I'm using for the prototype), supports faces and busts/portraits. It's up to you to decide if you want faces, portraits, or none of them. In my opinion, busts can be annoying since they can cover the whole screen, but faces are really useful since it shows who's talking at the moment.

14. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I think I'll stick with faces. :) They're easier when I add emotions on them. I hate those games where the face has one single emotion. Smiling when sad, smiling when angry, ugh! I hate it. It's not too much work to add emotions since there is a wonderful thing called layers.

Oh yeah, what is Cooper's gender? The gender in the story line keeps changing...Is Cooper the other main protag gender or a completely different character. Personally, I would like it if Cooper was completely different person so it would be easier to make his/her portrait in the dialogue box.

hunduel likes this.
  15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I feel soon we should get to work on the concept designs for the starters, when the trainers are done. :)

I've already thought up the starters, so there's no problem there.

16. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Here's a colored sketch of the protags. I'm not really happy with the colors, maybe you guys can comment on what you want? I tried to copy the original style...I don't really like what I did. I also tried stay true to the original series, using only reds, blues, whites, and blacks. Personally, I would want greens and yellows, maybe some orange, I dunno. I also tried to stay away from brown haired girls. The original series has way too much of that. I like the black haired one, since the redhead looks too much like Aria from Rune Factory 2 for my liking. Maybe you guys want blondes? Or maybe some green or blue hair?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And how do the starters look like? Maybe a little description, please?

17. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I really like the first variations, but I'd also like to see how you'd do that with your own color scheme, or even with your own drawing style.

18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Very nice! I'm not 100% keen on the female colors, maybe she should do with something a bit more closer to the colors of the male trainer? Just an idea.

19. EmeraldGlee

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]

I got carried away, sorry! If you don't like the colors, I can still edit this. This isn't official, just some fun for me. :) Someone asked how my style normally is. Well, here it is! It kinda looks like the original style...if I can get enough good feedback, I'll make one of the boy too! Of course, I'll make official art when the project is almost over, so that the style wouldn't change too much from the beginning to the end.

hunduel likes this.
  20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Wooah, that's really cool! I love it, great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.