1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A matter of patience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How patient are you guys?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I'm fairly patient.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    Really depends. Sometimes I'm patient. Other times I'm not.

4. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Well, I can be very patient when necessary. I know people do things at different paces.

but tbh I'm an impatient person most of the time but I guess my face doesn't really show it because a lot of people tell me I have the patience of a saint. they're wrong :wooper:

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    It depends mostly on whether I'm doing something for myself or for others. Most of the time I find it easier to be patient if other people are benefiting from it. I'm more likely to take shortcuts or give up if it's just for me :D

6. Dragonair

Dragonair Original 151

God
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽169.7
    WHY ARE YOU ASKING!? WHAT'S IT GOTTA DO WITH YOU!?

I kid. I have a long fuse. I have to in my job.

Manager

7. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Mostly but my anxiety will make me panic if I have to wait to receive news or something like that.
    But I have good patience with everything else.

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Usually I am rather patient, but there are limits. For example, my patience with children and other people who don't want to listen is extremely small (30 minutes at most), while my patience in waiting for things to happen is rather substantial (months or even years). I don't want to make a blanket statement like "I'm patient with people", because not only do people vary greatly in personality and temperament, in certain situations it's completely untrue - especially if I'm stuck in a team project with said people.

Given how I tend to work alone and want to know how everything is progressing at all times, not hearing back from people in a timely fashion can bother me immensely.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    My patience varies, but it tends not to be all that much.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Considering I've spend countless amount of hours breeding for shiny Pokémon, I can say that I'm pretty patient. I can also run for a really long time and while that may bore or cause someone enough pain to give up, I have the patience to hold on and keep going until I reach the end of my run. It takes a lot of patience to build up your endurance!

11. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My patience depends on who it is that is wearing my patience down and what kind of mood I am in. If its my younger eldest sister (I have multiple younger sisters and the eldest one is the one that grinds my gears), then I have 0 patience if its a friend however... I will try my best to be patient.

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Very patient usually, unless I have to hold someone's hand through every tiny little thing. Especially frustrating when it comes to IT help and they don't know how to bring up Google. >_> Then I start getting annoyed. It gets worse when the person I'm trying to help somehow thinks they can blame their technically challengedness on me.

13. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I think it depends on what's requiring my patience ^^ I can be, but sometimes I can be irritable.

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I can do things for hours, if I really, really want the result. But with 99% of people, I very quickly lose patience. Both with them for being thick, and me for not explaining well enough, because I feel like it's my duty to do that.
    #MissingNo

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I am one of the most patient people you will ever meet. I can and have sat for hours waiting for things to arrive or happen. I've listened to others for hours. I've tried to teach and instruct others for hours. Often times, don't understand when others lose their patience. The only time I've ever lost my patience was with my family and even then it took a really long time for me to lose my patience.

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm actually quite patient in most things. Except when it comes to myself. Leads to a lot of self-loathing. >_<

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It varies to be honest. Some people can be really grindy on the nerves and other situations are better than others. I am probably the most impatient when waiting for something that I am looking forward to.

18. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Not much.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm pretty patient person now actually! I used to have a LOT less patience, but working with customer service has really allowed me to up my game. Though I still get annoyed when I have a customer who's super-duper technologically challenged (Like, "I don't know how to open up Google" technologically challenged)

BraviaryScout likes this.
  20. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I'm told I'm unusually patient. Too patient probably - I can be a bit of a push over because I want so much to put myself in someone else's shoes. I'm actually working on putting my foot down because I have responsibilities now and can't sit around waiting on other people to do their thing all the time anymore. I'm starting to see the effects of my over-patience on people like my coworkers and family - if I listen to a customer rattle on for too long at my job then other duties will start to fall apart. If I go out of my way for strangers too much I'm hurting my relationship with my family members and friends, who feel they aren't being appreciated enough. It's tough.