1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword/Shield A new Galarian Form

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★

That’s right, Galarian Ponyta is official now! It’s the “Unique Horn” Pokémon, a pure Psychic type, and a Shield exclusive, with the abilities Run Away and Pastel Veil (presumably its signature ability) that blocks it and allies from being poisoned. What are your thoughts?

I’m seriously upset that it’s not Fairy type. Its design screams Fairy, and it’s based on a unicorn. And since it’s most likely the counterpart to the Fighting type Sirfetch’d, Fairy is also strong against Fighting. But hey, it’s super cute, so you can’t be too upset.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    A bit too poofy for my tastes, but otherwise I like its design. I find it odd how it looks smaller than regular Ponyta, though. I've already decided to go with Sword, so I won't be using one on my team, though I'll definitely be picking one up through the GTS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    It's so cute! It kinda looks like Princess Celestia, which is kinda awesome. Even better, my family seriously liked Sirfetch'd, which is supposed to only be in Sword, but now this new form of Ponyta is revealed, and my sister is all for having one, which means I may just be able to convince them to get Shield (the one I've wanted).

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Kinda bummed it’s a version exclusive since I’m going with Sword version, but I’m glad other people will be able to have one.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Oh I posted about this in the stream topic.

I do find it a little odd is not Fairy type with how it seemed hinted it would be, but it could still end up being one in the end we still don't know anything about its evolution. Psychic type is also strong against Fighting so it still matches up in that regard to being the counterpart exclusive of Sirfetch'd. It is the first Galar form I actually like and I am very tempted to use one, I do wish they would stop with the overwhelming Gen 1 love tho, think is time for another Gen to get the spotlight now.

6. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh Wow. Geroniny Actually Thought That It Is Fairy and Psychic Type While I Just Don't Care About The Type Cause I Just Falling In Love With The Design. It's So Fluffy, I'm Gonna Die!

Yes, I Know I Have To Use A 'Despicable Me' Reference.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's an undoubtedly cute design, but I too am on the "disappointed it's not a Fairy type too" team. Hopefully when it evolves it gains the Fairy Typing, but we'll just have to see... D:

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I like it! I'm surprised it isn't Fairy type, but then again, Sirfetch'd wasn't Flying type :|
    I think it's got a really nice design! I'm still on team Sirfetch'd, though.

9. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    i love it

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I think its quite cute. I do like its design, but I do like regular ponyta a lot and this design just doesn't beat the fire type variant. Its still great in its own way, it just doesn't beat the original.

11. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    I'm looking back on this thread and I imagine a lot of people were happy to find it evolves into a psychic/fairy type :D

It grew on me a lot after I caught one (took me forever haha). But original Rapidash will always have a special place in my heart.