1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Ancient Legends - Emerald Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, May 3, 2019.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    221-2216602_pokemon-emerald-cheats-pokmon-emerald-version-book.jpg
    Picture pulled from wikimedia

Da Rules

1.All Pokémon must be nicknamed
    2. If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead and must be boxed for the rest of the run
    3. Catch the first Pokémon on each route (dupe clause is not in effect)

Here’s the run I promised y’all, the lucky winner of the pole was Emerald so is time for some old school Pokémon. This game will be a regular nuzlocke but I might do slightly different rules on other runs if people want to, note things that alter the game itself is not possible as I don’t use emulators at all. This game will be played on a GameBoy Advance SP, yup we’re going full old school here.

Booted up the game and just because this is gonna get posted on LV I named the character Valor because why not. Did stuff with the clock, TV and neighbor then went over to save the professor from that Lv. 2 Zigzagoon that’s for some weird reason is scary to him. Picked Mudkip as my starter and took it down with 3 Tackle attacks. Prof. Birch then took me to his lab and gave me the Mudkip, I decided to name him Aarch.

New Pokémon

007.gif
    water.gif
    Level 5
    Name: Aarch
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Naive
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap

Agreed to go see his daughter May on Route 103, battled a few wild pokémon on the way there to get Aarch to Lv. 6 where he learned Mud-Slap before entering Oldale Town. Healed at the center and got the free potion in the PC as well, talked to a PokéMart guy to get a free potion before I went off to face May.

Took down her Treecko is 3 Tackles, even landed a critical hit and Aarch reached Lv. 7. went back to Littleroot Town again, back at the lab Birch handed over the PokéDex which we will of course not be working on since this is a nuzlocke. May gave me 5 Poké Balls and is finally time to catch our first pokémon, got the running shoes on the way back to Route 101.
    The encounter was a Wurmple, and I realized I forgot to heal Aaarch so I had to use a potion already, whoops. Caught and named it Rudy, welcome to the team little guy, not bad for a first capture is a easy fully evolved pokémon which isn’t bad this early.

New Pokémon

014.gif
    bug.gif
    Level 2
    Name: Rudy
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Tackle, Spring Shot

Stopping at Oldale to heal and buy supplies, 10 Poké Balls, 3 Potions, 2 Antidotes and 1 Paralyze Heal, better safe than sorry.

Ending the first entry here, cya’ll in the next one!

Team
    007.gif
    water.gif
    Level 7
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap

014.gif
    bug.gif
    Level 2
    Name: Rudy
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Tackle, Spring Shot

Box

Graveyard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is time for another entry, we’re starting off right where we left in Oldale Town, before beginning training I decided to get the encounter on Route 102 first. Another Wurmple, named her Himiko,doing to use her instead of Rudy due to a better nature, welcome to the team Himiko.

New Pokémon

014.gif
    bug.gif
    Level 3
    Name: Himiko
    Nature: Bashful
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot

Went back to heal and box Rudy before making my way through Route 102 training Himiko with the few trainers battles there and wild pokémon till she reached Lv. 5, learned Poison Sting and Aarch hit Lv. 8.

Reached Petalburg City, healed my team quick before heading to the gym and help Walley get his first pokémon. Then off to get a few new encounters. Route 104’s encounter was a Poochyena I named Alba. Skipped trainers to get to Petalberg Wood, we’ll get bacl to them later. Yet another Wurmple that died to a critical hit but it got Aarch to Lv. 9 so not all bad.

New Pokémon

010.gif
    dark.gif
    Level 5
    Name: Alba
    Ability: Run Away
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: Tackle, Howl

Went back to heal real quick before taking on all the trainers all the way to Rustboro City as there’s no more allowed captured till then. Running into that Aqua Grunt that was after a scientist in Petalburg Woods, Aarch mowed down the guy’s poochyena easily with Tackle. Arriving in Rustboro Himiko had evolved into cascoon on the way and hit Lv. 9 and Aarch hit Lv. 11 and learned Water Gun.

Visited the Pokémon Center before deciding to go for the next capture on Route 116 before taking on the gym. Another Poochyena, caught and named him Raze, decided to box Alba and keep Raze since she was 2 levels lower than him and hadn’t gotten trained at all yet, plus Raze had a better nature.

010.gif
    dark.gif
    Level 7
    Name: Raze

Now onward to the gym, first I cleared out all the gym trainers so Aarch could get as much exp as possible before the big battle. I also ended up in a double battle by accident meaning Himiko had to fight too so less exp for Aarch. Thankfully the Geodudes in this fight don’t know any rock moves yet so Himiko was safe from any real harm, with that Aarch hit Lv. 13 and Himiko hit Lv. 10 and evolved into Dustox and learned Confusion too.

Rushed back out to heal and visited the PokéMart real quick to buy 2 Potions, 3 Super Potions and 1 X Defend. I gave Aarch an Oran Berry to hold then went back to gym; the battle will have to wait till next entry though, hopefully it’ll be less boring than the first two.

Team
    007.gif
    water.gif
    Level 13
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

018.gif
    bug.gif poison.gif
    Level 10
    Name: Himiko
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Confusion

010.gif
    dark.gif
    Level 7

Box
    014.gif 010.gif

3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Not a bad start so far, I am quite fond of Dustox early on. Especially with Shield Dust. I will keep an eye on the run, best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    I'm afraid I've run into some technical difficulties and will be putting this on hold for the time being. I dropped my GBA SP and while it still works its shell is cracked and the screen is loose. So until I get the shell replaced is on hold, the shell kit have been ordered but it'll be a bit before is here.

5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Well that's a shame, hope it's not too much of a pain to fix.

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    It shouldn't be, I have it set up so I have someone that can change the shell already I just need to wait for the kit to come but that's still 5-8 days away.

7. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Alright I finally got the shell replaced so I'll try get a entry up this weekend now, took a little longer than expected getting the shell replaced but is done now.

8. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Here's the very late entry to the nuzlocke now that my GBA SP is finally fixed. @Jeydis Giving you a poke to know we're rolling again as you've shown interest in the run before the GBA's shell broke.

Is finally time for the first gym battle!

50px-Stone_Badge.png Spr_RS_Roxanne.png 50px-Stone_Badge.png
    057.gif 057.gif 060.gif
    Roxanne sent out her first pokémon, a Lv. 12 Geodude, this should be no problem for Aarch. First I decided to pop the X Defend I bought earlier for safety since is Aarch against 3 pokémon. The Geodude uses Rock Tomb and lands a crit that almost kills Aarch right off the bat; this is not off to a good start. Had to throw a Potion at Aarch for safety even with his Oran Berry activating is better to be safe than sorry. Water Gun then takes it down in one hit.

Roxanne’s second pokémon is another Lv. 12 Geodude that goes down just as easily, getting Aarch to Lv. 14. Roxanne sends out her last pokémon a Lv. 15 Nosepass who’s faster than Aarch due to Rock Tomb; it used Block now preventing me from healing. Water Gun did a good amount of damage to not enough, 2 hits bring the Nose pass to 25% and its berry activates bringing it up to half health again. Nosepass proceed to just spamming Tackle and Aarch ending up landing a crit taking it down and grows to Lv. 15.

That’s it, the Stone Badge is mine and we can now proceed onto Route 116 once more to take on the trainers, just I did not bother with them because I was confident Aarch could take on the gym by himself, now is time to train the other team members. On my way to heal a Aqua grunt comes storm passed me with the guy I helped in Petalburg Woods hot on his heels, screaming something about not taking some goods.

Went to heal and then headed for Route 116 where the guy I helped of course stopped me and asked for help again to catch that Aqua guy, gonna have to help while training since Raze really needs some exp under his belt. Doing that time where I battled all the trainers Raze grew to Lv. 9 and learned Sand Attack, Himiko grew to lv. 11 and Aarch grew to lv. 16, evolved and learned Mud Shot which replaced Mud-Slap. Now at the end of Route 116 is time for an encounter in Rusturf Tunnel, outside the tunnel a man asks me to save his pokémon Peeko from the Aqua guy I’s seen neither hide nor hair off since I enter, now I know why.

In the tunnel I run into a Whismur which is my encounter, caught it and named it Boomer, welcome to the team Boomer. Going further in I finally come across the Aqua guy who is holding a Wingull hostage, he immediately challenge me to a battle and Aarch being the overleveled monster he his flattens the guy’s poochyena in 2 seconds flat. The guy gives me the goods he stole before running off leaving me with Peeko before the owner of the now freed pokémon shows up and thanks me and introduced himself as Mr. Briney and tells me where he lives before going on his way with Peeko. Time to leave this place and go heal, Himiko took a nasty beating doing training and is paralyzed as well, and give back the goods to that guy waiting for me at the edge of the route. Handing over the goods he gave me another Great ball as reward and asked me to come along with him to talk to the president of the Devon Company he works for, Mr. Stone. He wanted me to deliver a letter to his son on Dewford and deliver the goods to a shipyard in Slateport, he gave me a PokéNav as payment. Told me a bit about it and Aqua and Magma, healed my pokémon and I was off.

New Pokémon
    045.gif
    normal.gif

Level 7
    Name: Boomer
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Pound, Uproar

Met May on my way out of Rustboro City, I registered her on the PokéNav and it was time for a battle. She sends out a Lv. 13 Wingull first, Aarch would have to handle it as the others aren’t at that level yet. She tried to confuse Aarch with Supersonic but missed and Aarch lands a crit Tackle that almost takes it down, before it can get a second attack in Aarch takes it out. Next up is her Treecko, I send out Himiko to scout,is Lv. 15 and can probably do significant damage to Aarch. Decided to just span it with Himiko’s Poison Sting since Pound barely did any damage, hopefully it would poison. It started using Leer and Quick Attack which still didn’t do a lot even after getting in a Leer and it went down in 4 hits getting Himiko to Lv. 12.

Healed, went back through hthe woods to Mr. Briney’s house, he offered to take me to Dewford so I could deliver the letter and get reach the next gym as well. We’ll end the entry here and save exploring Dewford and the gym for the next one.

Team
    010.gif
    dark.gif
    Level 9
    Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack

018.gif
    bug.gif poison.gif
    Level 12
    Name Himiko