1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Ascension of the Eternal - RP thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Lucy and Aphrodite were chatting over tea, Aphrodite sitting and listening to what her daughter enjoys, boxing and clothing. The passion she holds made even the goddess of lust feel a pleasure she never had before. Finally, Aphrodite spoke, "Do you wish to know how I met your father." Lucy stiffened at her statement, taking a little nibble from a biscuit she just slightly nodded. "Well, I was down on Earth, trying to do my job for once with Eros... I was attempting to set up partners for Valentine's day and yet I failed tragically." The goddess did not seem upset but the look in her eyes revealed she was unhappy. "In an attempt to sway your father's affections for another woman, he fell in love with me." Aphrodite brushed a few fingers through her hair.

Lucy spoke up with confidence, "Why didn't you turn him down then?" Aphrodite smiled at her and shook her head, the golden waves shimmering.

"I should have, but the need for lust, my own power consumed me. Eros left me to deal with it and I believed I had at the time. Before I knew I would become pregnant and all." She thought for a moment and took a small sip of tea, "What do you see, Lucy?"

Lucy seemed confused, "A tall thin woman with golden hair and a kind face..." She nibbled on her biscuit more, not finishing it.

Aphrodite smiled, "Similar to your father, my looks change on what a person wishes to see. I highly doubt you have received the gift of illusion like this, but the way you carry your self is enough to make someone turn their head. It may also explain where you get some of your genes, the blonde hair, which you have covered up." She tutted and reached over to play with the pink waves.

Lucy smiled at her mother, "The goddess of love, you made me worry there was a mistake, I could simply not take after you but in the time we have shared... I feel like I can own these powers, make others feel good, but it will all be a twist of the tongue, harder to practice when you are expecting it." She lightly punched Aphrodite's shoulder and chuckled.

Before Aphrodite could make her reply, her head turned toward the door, "It sounds like someone is approaching, I was not expecting any guests." She dabbed her mouth with a napkin and went to open the front door.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Rayne was nervous as she approached the home of Aphrodite. She wanted to get to know her sister, but she had no idea to even start talking to her. The door swung open before, Rayne even had the chance to knock on the door and came face to face with Aphrodite herself.

"Hi, dad said I needed to take a break from training and suggested I get to know you and Lucy," she hastily spoke, not wishing to be met with the ire of the beautiful lady.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Aphrodite smiled and nodded, "Come on inside step-daughter." The golden goddess stepped aside to allow him entry. Down the hall Lucy waved slightly, her pink waves bouncing slightly with the movement. "Pour another cup of tea if you please." The tall woman said with a blinding smile.

Lucy hummed in agreement, pouring a third glass, "We were just discussing the past and possible powers, but we could use a fresh voice." She waved her arm in and gestured to the seat next to her.

#43 Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  4. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    After a few sessions of training and intermittent breaks, Willow had managed to conjure a vine which was sturdy enough to lift a person into the air for a short moment. Much to her delight, she stroked upwards with her paintbrush, tip touching the ground. A stalk had grown from where her brush touched, following the motion of the strokes. It was slow at first. But with practice, the vine followed the movement of the brush with almost perfect precision.

Demeter clapped her hands with glee, as she watched her daughter play about with the brush. "It seems that we no longer have to ask for arms from Hephaestus. But a few spare brushes will be most optimal if you wish to keep them."

"The paintbrush doesn't paint into reality much else other than plants..." Willow mused as she twirled the paintbrush in her hand, as she started painting some of her favourite flowers---a white rose here, a hydrangea there, some bluebells down the side---

"It is a direct link to your powers, love. I'm sure if you started painting animals and even clouds, all the gods will fear you, even Zeus." She muttered the last two words in an undertone. "Also, if you keep painting like that, the earth will wear out...and so will you." Demeter warned Willow once again, that the ground beneath her was starting to become brown and wilted.

Willow noticed the patches of brown that started to grow when she was trying out her powers. "H-How do I remedy this then?"

Demeter sighed as she pressed her palm to a brown patch. A green glow radiated from her palm before it faded. The brown patch still looked like it didn't change.

"...did it work?" Willow looked at the grassy patch curiously.

"Nature runs its course, my dear. There is no rushing the healing process of a plant, let alone a field of grass. All I did was provide a bit more of my energy back into the earth, to give back some of the essence back into the soil, into the plants. Now try it." She led Willow to a greenish brown patch, not as dried and wilted as the patch Demeter herself tried to salvage.

Willow did the same, closing her eyes as she felt her energy pulsing into the earth. While she could feel the energy drain from her, she felt the warmth in her palms. And when she opened her eyes, the green started to take over the browns in that specific patch. "It's little, but I...did it?"

Demeter smiled once more, as she conjured a cup of nectar for herself and tea for Willow, beckoning her to drink it. "Yes, love. Always remember to give back what you take. I suggest you rest now before you completely destroy yourself and this garden. I dried up the whole earth once, please do not ever follow my example."

Willow nodded as she sat down on a tree stump, sipping the tea. Just closing her eyes and feeling the peace of nature, opening them again. "I wonder how everyone else is doing...I haven't properly gotten acquainted to them...just their names I do know..."

#44 Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  5. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,607.7
    Ben ran across the endless rolling hills of Boreas' domain. The old god had suggested he take a break from training to "allow it to sink in", but Ben had an urge to go for a run. The scenery reminded him of running cross-country, as did the familiar burn in his legs. He rounded Boreas' marble temple for a fourth time, and though he wasn't keeping track of his times, Ben swore he was getting faster with each lap. For as long as he'd been running, his legs should've been on fire, but all he felt was a curiously comfortable burn.

Huh, Ben thought as he started up a hill. Maybe this whole "being the son of a god" thing gives me more stamina. He was already one of the fastest runners on his school's track team, but this... this would give him an unprecedented edge. The idea made him grin, but it faded as a new thought emerged: If I have godly stamina, do I have godly speed?

Only one way to find out. He sped from a controlled jog to a sprint, his leg muscles adjusting to the new pace after an initial protest. Ben felt the wind stream past him - no, with him, driving him forward - as he surged across the landscape. He forced himself to run faster and faster until he felt, for one blissful moment, as if he was riding on the winds themselves.

The euphoria came to an abrupt end when Ben's foot caught on something. His breakneck sprint became a chaotic tumble down a hill. When he finally came to rest, everything hurt, more from tripping than from running. He flopped back down on the grass after his vision stopped spinning and broke out in laughter. What a ride!

"Trying to run with the winds, were you?" Boreas said from atop the hill, his face mirthful. "Windrunning is a difficult skill to learn, though I'm impressed with how well you did on your first attempt."

"Windrunning?" Ben asked as he sat up.

"If the wind is against your back, you can draw upon it to grant you extra speed," Boreas explained, approaching his son and helping him to his feet. "That's the essence of Windrunning. With practice, you can cover miles in minutes."

Ben gawked. "What?! That sounds awesome!"

Boreas chuckled, a fond look in his eyes. "When we were younger, my brothers and I would race from Macedonia to Athens for fun. Zephyrus once made the trip in just under 30 minutes. None of us where able to beat that time."

Ben had no idea how fast that really was, but it certainly sounded impressive. "You're definitely gonna teach me how to Windrun better."

"After the basics," Boreas said firmly, "which we'll continue with shortly."

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Rayne waved back nervously. She had never thought of herself as being quite plain, but next to these two women, she did feel a little self-conscious. She took the glass from Lucy with a small smile and looked down for a bit before she spoke.

"You were talking about your powers, Lucy?" She asked, tilting her head a bit to the right side. "Dad said that Fire would be the main domain that would be associated with me as it is something that I have been pulled to all my life. Did you every inspire something in people, or had something that you have had fought for?"

7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Lucy looked to Aphrodite, eyes almost asking if it was ok to talk about her powers. With a gentle nod, the goddess took her seat and crossed her legs, letting the two chat, seeing more sides of her daughter and step-daughter. "Well, I am not exactly the romantic type, but I wish to give those who fall in love a good chance." She fiddled with her teacup.

"I guess in a way I am to inspire pleasure and passion inside people, I can't say I mean to, but Mother says that is something she feels from my words." Finally taking a small sip she smiled at Rayne, "I always fought for those who had been in less than ideal relationships, I guess the protector in me has always been there in a way, just fighting a different battle."

Aphrodite chipped in, her voice melodic, "Well, most children of mine are not such forward fighters. So, finding a way that can use both the talents of your silver tongue and your fists will be something I have not done in a long time."

Lucy gave a nod, her pink hair giving a slight bounce and the gem that laid onto her head shifted slightly with the movement, "Have you and Haephestus found any breakthroughs on your powers?"

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I can summon blue flames, I guess." Rayne demonstrated her ability by summoning the smallest flame she could in her hand. The flame was barely larger than her pinky finger, but it was better then accidentally setting something on fire if she lost control.

"I had a lot of trouble summoning the flames in the first place. It wasn't until dad told me that I needed to let go and stop trying to be in control of my emotions all the time that I was able to summon them." Rayne revealed to her half-sibling. She looked at the flame in her hand and slowly closed it, snuffing it out of existence.

"The way I can express my emotions is through dance and song. I think dad thinks that it will be my domain also. But I am not sure, aren't the arts part of Apollo's domain? How could I have them?" Rayne asked herself more than anything. She shook her head, they could figure that out later if it became necessary.

"It is really cool how you advocate for people that are in bad relationships, Lucy. I have seen several people in those places and it hurts not being able to do anything. That you try never the less, is inspiring." Rayne looked at Lucy with a bright smile and the barest hint of fire behind her eyes.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “Very well done, you seem to finally be getting the hang of it.” Thanatos praised as Xenon finished a long if no rather boring conversation with one of the spirits.

“What’s next?” Xenon sighed while he wasn’t getting drained as fast as before it was still something that took its toll on him, but at least he’d finally managed to do it even if he’d been far from easy.

“Well, that’ll kinda depending on what powers you have, next step will be finding out that. Something that might not go quite as easy as the training you just did.” The death god started out making the teen sigh again, being a demi god was hard work. “Ah don’t worry we’ll try pin point it or at least narrow down what some of your powers could be they’ll most likely be related to something you like or have great interest in or some sort of connection to. But first another break might be in order.”

“I won’t say no to that.” Xenon stretched something he’d really needed before he started making a few exercises; sitting and talking with spirits while barely moving had really made him restless despite being drained from it.

“Do you think Hephaestus will be able to make the weapon I request?” Xenon suddenly after finishing the exercises, the teen still felt awkward talking to his father and had felt like he’d had to break the silence somehow.

“Absolutely, he’s the best there’s no doubt he can and will make it.” Thanatos boomed praising the other god’s metalwork skills. “What weapon did you actually settle on?”

“A scythe, cliché I know but it was all I could think of.”

“Still a good choice, reliable reach and it might be able to be worked into what you can already do in terms of fighting since you’re doing, boxing was it?”

“Kickboxing, but I guess you’re right not sure how well I’ll do with a weapon that’s not my fists though.”

Thanatos put a reassuring hand on his son shoulder “is why we’re doing this training, and once you have your weapon you’ll get the chance to give it a workout. But before that we still have to see if we can discover which kind of powers you have.”

“And how do we do that exactly.” Xenon had never noticed any special really aside from the previously mentioned seeing and hearing spirits.

“Well, you seem to have something with cold, more specifically ice.” Xenon just looked confused at his father, “Remember when you were little and your friend fell through the ice of a lake but you didn’t? That was most likely your powers preventing you from falling through.” Xenon nodding, he remembered that very well and since that day he’d been a lot more careful about walking out on frozen lakes and streams.

“Now I’m not exactly a master at the elements but let’s see if we can’t get your supposed ice power to manifest again somehow. Try see if you can rime over the grass beneath your feet first.” Xenon nodded, not sure how to do it but he could at least try.

10. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "So why can I not meet with the rest of the gods children?" Danaus wheezed out, his body hunched over in exhaustion. In front of him lay countless target dummies all smoking with their torso's covered in scorch marks.

"Because, child, there is no need to concern yourself with them at the moment." Zeus boomed out, approaching the panting figure of his son, "Instead you should focus on your training, and then learn to use your allies in the field." His response earned him a glare from Danaus, something that Zeus noted with much amusement, looking similar to how his own mother, Rhea, would glare.

Forcing himself into a standing position, Danaus' arm, now visibly covered in burns, began to shake with his annoyance. "They are not tools to be used, father. They are my allies, hell they are our family!" He shouted at the god who responded with booming laughter,

"FAMILY! Do not be naive, they will use you just as you use them. That is how our family survives. Only the strongest can claim victory. Do not rely on them, nor should you trust them. They will betray you in the end." Placing his hand on Danaus' shoulder, Zeus stared down at the young demi-god with pity, "You will learn this eventually my son, and you will grow stronger from it." In response, Danaus pushed Zeus' hand off his shoulder and stepped away.

"Perhaps that is how the Olympians treat each other, but have faith it will not repeat itself. Trust in your descendants, in your children and grandchildren." The teen stressed, his insistence causing Zeus to sigh in reluctance.

"Very well, you foolish child. If you will not believe me, I will allow the Fates to teach you this lesson. Go, I will grant you passage to Demeter's home. That will be your first stop, visit whom you wish from there, but I will call you back when I feel you are spending too much time away from training." With his piece said, a large bolt of lightning struck where Danaus stood, and after the dust settled Danaus was gone.

Groggily looking around, Danaus noted he stood in a rather interesting looking garden, but before he could properly take the location in his arm throbbed with the after effects of his power. "Fuck!" He shouted out, gripping the burnt appendage. While he had a degree of immunity to his own power, in a mortal body it had limits. One of these limits being that the more lightning summoned the harsher it will damage his body.

"Damn it father, could have at least let me recover first." He grumbled, sighing in relief as the pain began to fade again. "Now.. where am I again?"

#50 Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Just as Willow had begun training again, she heard a resounding swear from across the garden. Dropping her brush in midstroke, she stood up to investigate who it was.

Demeter seemed to have heard the noise as well. The paranoia crept in once again.

"Stay close to me." Demeter pulled Willow close as they approached the source of the voice.

Soon enough, they could see one of the demigod teens standing there, looking to be hurt.

"He's hurt..." Willow wanted to approach him, but Demeter stopped her. "He could be dangerous."

Looking at the boy carefully, Demeter called out. "Danaus, son of Zeus. What brings you hither?" Willow on the other hand, looked at him fearfully from beside Demeter. While Demeter meant concern, there was also some degree of suspicion in her tone.

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    'Damn it father' Was all Danaus could think as he stood in front of a Goddess in her own home. He had to tread carefully with this, if things turned for the worst he had no hope in his weakened state. 'Not that I have any at all' He screamed to himself, wincing as his arm pulsed with the pain again.

"Lady Demeter, my father sent me here for reasons I am not quite sure of myself. I..." Here Danaus hesitated, not sure what objective he was supposed to take away from his fathers actions, "I believe he wishes for me to meet the other demigods." The 'so he can turn me against them' went unsaid, but something told Danaus that Demeter, being Zeus' own sister, would possibly understand her brother's motives.

Dropping to his knee, partially in exhaustion and partially in respect, Danaus bowed his head. "I ask for your forgiveness for my rude appearance and that you allow me to rest, if even for an hour, before I depart."

13. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Demeter listened carefully, and gave her assent. "Of course. I trust that you mean well. Come hither and have a seat." Demeter gestured Danaus to the tree they had been training around. Turning back to Willow, she conjured yet another cup of tea, before handing it to Willow, to which the younger female looked back in bemusement. "Um...what...?"

"Go on, Willow." Demeter nudged her. "I'm sure it is a good chance to make friends. Granted I would be a bit more wary..."

Willow was not sure what else to say, except that she took the cup, and her paintbrush placed at her belt.

One look at Danaus and Willow froze. Son of Zeus...? Granted Zeus himself was enough to terrify her, even his son was imposing enough a figure. She walked towards him, shuffling out of slight fear.

"Uh, Danaus was it? Uhm, h-here. Mother made this. Drink up." She handed the cup over to the other demigod, almost fearful of facing him. But his injuries caught her attention. "You're hurt..."

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    "Thank you." Danaus gratefully took the tea and taking a sip of it, he sighed in as a tranquil feeling came over him. He was startled by the other demigod speaking up again, "huh? Oh, this yeah." He grumbled, his gaze locked onto his own arm, "Unfortunate side effects from the use of my power."

Wincing slightly as he shifted the arms position, Danaus smiled in amusement, "My father's quite the task master when it comes to training." Suddenly he reached out his arm for a handshake, "We aren't officially greeted, my name is Danaus child of Zeus, and you are?"

15. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    "Willow...daughter of Demeter." She hesitantly returned the handshake, before withdrawing her hand.

She wanted to help...but decided that it was better to let him recuperate on his own. Like nature, she couldn't quite expediate the healing process. Only Apollo had that gift, in which she felt would amount enough.

She was immediately at a loss on what to say, as she said. "I see...Uhm...please be sure to, uhh, get enough rest...?" Just moments when she uttered those words, she really wished that Hades would open up from beneath and bury her there. She hurriedly ceased eye contact, fiddling absentmindedly with her braid trailing down her shoulder down her chest.

16. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Danaus smiled softly, bowing his head in greeting. "I will be sure to do so," He replied in amusement, taking another sip of the tea in the meantime. His gaze roved over the surrounding garden, only now appreciating the subtle beauty nature can give. "I must admit, this is a rather nice realm. Much better than fathers storm-filled skies."

Chuckling at his own comment, Danaus returned his gaze back to Willow, "So, tell me about yourself Willow. I wish to come to know those I will be fighting alongside."

17. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    There comes the word. Fighting... truth be told, she had been training, and trying not to think about what they had to be prepared for.

Willow took a deep breath and spoke. "T-there isn't much about me worth telling. I grew up with a father who is a doctor. He tried to get me into studying medicine, but I was also drawn into art...painting...I also love medicine, but for some reason I just love plants in general. I like to draw with nature around me..." She looked into the distance, picked up her paintbrush, and absentmindedly dipped on the earth, a thin vine sprouting from where it touched, and grew as she raised it, moving at every direction she flicked it. Looking back to him, she continued, eyes still lowered.

"I don't know how I will be useful in battle, but perhaps I could help with...um...making tea? Or use herbs we need for medicine?" She wanted to sound helpful, since she was talking to the son of Zeus, who was reputably the most powerful god. "Uhm, that is all from me...what about you, Danaus?"

18. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    "Myself?" Danaus questioned rhetorically, his gaze becoming unfocused as he considered the question, "My mother is a... distant but loving woman, tried her best to raise me alone but sometimes I could see how much fathers absence hurt her. As a child I could never understand why he left, but now... Eh" Danaus scoffed, his lips quirking in a forced smirk, "What would one expect from a god? Nevertheless I had no goal until now, I was just.. well I was just going with the flow I suppose."

Laughing to break his train of thought, Danaus grinned at Willow, "Not sure how much use I'll be in a fight if I'm honest, I've never really had a fight outside of training with father and that's more of a lesson in pain tolerance." Suddenly his shoulders slouched as he released a sigh, "I'm still uncertain how we're supposed to do what the gods could not, we're only mortals right? Surely if the god's can't defeat this thing no one could."

19. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Lucy seemed shocked at the appearance of flames, she watched the tiny blue flame dance on top of her Step-Sister's hand. "You can summon flames! Now that is a cool power!" The pink-haired fighter said with a grin. Lucy hung on each word of how she summoned her flame, the control of emotions, it interested the young woman deeply.

Aphrodite hummed along contently until Rayne mentioned the bit on song and dance. "Well, the gods are related, it isn't unheard to enjoy other aspects of another god's domain." She said softly, her words ever so gentle. "As well as you can just enjoy things, you are not bound by us to become smaller versions of the gods." With a quick sip of tea the goddess of love quieted down.

With a small nod, the curls bouncing as she went, "Such as how I enjoy the world of fighting, fist to fist over range like Mother."

Aphrodite nodded in agreement, "It isn't common apparently for my children to enjoy fighting close up, they wish against possible bruises and injury to their faces and bodies." She said with a slight amount of venom, as if regretful for the self-preservation.

Lucy gave Rayne a smile at her compliment, "It was something I felt passion over, would have never guessed it was something I was meant to do based on my genetics."

20. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Rayne smiled bashfully at the kind words that Aphrodite was bestowing on her and the praise that Lucy was giving her.

“I suppose that makes sense. We aren’t carbon copies of our parents. So why should our powers be?” The brown haired girl softly told herself. She was not really like her mother, aside from her hair and eye color and her dancer’s build. She got her love for dancing and singing from her mother, but Rayne had always wanted more than her mother. She would always train endlessly for the next contest, as much as she could without her grades suffering under it.

“Somehow, I don’t think this passion you have, was something you were meant to do. You could have channeled it into any cause you would have liked to fight for, but you choose this one, right?” Rayne traced the rim of the teacup with a lone finger.

“Emotions don’t seem as clearcut as they are made out to be anymore. So why should your passion be?”