1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Looking through your lists of pre-answered questions, I noticed that you said you came to LV because you were "beckoned here by instruction". How abouts did that happen?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Technically speaking, they aren't pre-answered; they were previously answered. Every question I've ever been asked in this thread (with only a few small exceptions) are compiled into the initial posts - to save time when looking, and so I don't answer the same question twice.

I noticed that you said you came to LV because you were "beckoned here by instruction". How did that happen?
    It's an interesting story, but the passage of time has made it grow more old than interesting. A friend of mine had a favour that he still needed to repay, but wasn't fully able to do so, so he asked me to repay the favour in his stead. The nature of the favour was to go join a site called Lake Valor (this one, I was given the URL), and do whatever I could to help the site, making it a great place for people to be. Despite not liking forums very much (due to some past experiences), I promised him that I would do this until the favour was repaid.
    I considered this my 'mission', of sorts, and went about preparing my materials to actually accomplish this goal - it involved a lot of monitoring, as the first thing I had to do was figure out exactly how LV worked and who was there. As I found out, this was my friend's way of repaying gratitude to an old friend of his, who he'd met a few years before and had been welcome company. The favour has since been repaid, so I'm no longer obligated to stay at LV per se, but I continue to do so (at least for now) due to the relationships of my own that I've forged.
    I don't know for how long I'll be at Lake Valor, but that's my story.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    How nice! ^^ It's so cool to know that you've really come to like LV and have stuck around for so long! Thank you for sharing! :D

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What other websites do you frequently visit?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Of course! Glad to share my story. If a misfit like me can get this far in LV, then anything is possible, right?

What other websites do you frequently visit?
    Besides Lake Valor, I stroll through YouTube, Wikipedia, xkcd, and a few other wikis and webcomics I scan every so often, for the purposes of information or humour, respectively.

SnowboundBecca and OzoneFruit like this.
  6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What webcomics do you like reading the most? Any you can recommend?

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I only regularly read a few web comics, and tend to cycle around them: xkcd, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Awkward Zombie, and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.
    Were I to recommend any, I'd definitely go for the first two - the first for its high-brow humour, the second for its shenanigans and relatability. Awkward Zombie is nice but involves a lot of inside jokes, and its value is lost if you haven't a clue what the Game Of The Week is about. SMBC is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    With all the time you've spent around LV, how much would you say you've learned about Pokémon? (I've noticed you say that before coming to LV, your Pokémon knowledge was next to zero ^^')

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    With all the time you've spent around LV, how much would you say you've learned about Pokémon?
    Still zero, because I have chosen not to learn about it.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Do you like Gelatin or Gelatinous substances?

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Do you like gelatin or gelatinous substances?
    Not per se; they feel really weird on the tongue. Gelatinous toys are strange to handle for similar reasons.

12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Do you think you have the longest Q&A thoughout LV?

Do you sleep on your back or stomach?

Do you wear hoodies a lot?

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I don't, but I'm getting close! I have one of the largest Q&A threads out of those that are regularly growing; there are still one or two that are still yet larger.

Do you sleep on your back or stomach?
    Definitely my back. Any other position and I wake up with my arms completely numb, and that's no fun - I have to smack them against my wall repeatedly to get the feeling back.

Do you wear hoodies a lot?
    I don't, no. The weather where I live usually doesn't allow for it, even though I'd love to wear my hoodie around.

14. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Every try almond milk? (I'm addicted)

15. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    What is 'DDD'?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Ever try almond milk?
    I did once. It's definitely an acquired taste, and not one that managed to sit well with me. It's not bad; it's just odd.

What is 'DDD'?
    DDD is my title, technically speaking, and it stands for 'Dark Dragon Deity'. I could add more Ds onto it and perpetuate the string of adjectives (I managed to go as high as 6), but I think 3 is an ideal number to rest on. Any more than that and it sounds ostentatious.

17. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Do you play card games?

18. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    The Zombie apocalypse has started! What three LV members would you choose to band together with and why?

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Can you be more specific, with what you mean by 'card games'? Are you referring to games with a deck of playing cards, or CCGs, or something else altogether?

If I'm just pulling names out to use here, I'd probably pick MarineAurora, SkittleBox, and WolfeyStar, solely because I want to be able to keep my eyes on people I really care about, and you're only letting me pick three.
    Realistically I probably wouldn't team up with anybody, because as much as I care about people, it's much easier to travel alone, and it serves as a better distraction.

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Do you feel like you raise the standard of conversation when you add to it or is it not in your control?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.