1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Sanc Anything.

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Sanctuary, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    IRL fight: Me, easily.
    Anime-style fight: Still me, but it would be a 30 min long battle between me and [member=Satix] with both of us fighting for our nations and while screaming "NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" at each other as we deal blows to the others' face.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Does your stress affect others?

Are you empathetic? Do you find this good or bad?

If you could extend one of your senses to superhuman levels, what would it be?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Do you know that Bloom is questioning your rule?
    Old Jojo or New Jojo?

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    So how did you first become involved with LV?

5. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Definitely, lol...

I'm very empathetic. In fact, I'm almost always only empathetic - it's very hard for me to honestly feel sympathy. At the very most, I'll say something like "Aww man, that sucks" or "Sorry to hear that", but I'm not usually able to progress the conversation past that point. This is because I don't really know what to say afterwards - if I personally haven't experienced what that person is feeling, I don't really know what's going on in their head, as opposed to if I have experienced what they are experiencing (or something similar), I'll have a general idea of what they're feeling and/or thinking and will be able to say (what I feel are) the right things.

Sight, because I hate glasses and being able to see things at microscopic levels (at will, I hope) would be pretty cool.

I had a feeling. >_>

I've only seen 4 episodes of Diamond is Unbreakable, so I can't give a full opinion yet. I did like a lot of aspects of Part 3, and the story and character development in Part 2, but Part 4 has been up to par, as expected.

I've actually answered this in a Staff Interview article before with the full story (full article seen here), so I'll just quote that to save me time (and also cuz I'd forget a few details if I did it off the top of my head). ^_^

6. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    mirror mirror on the wall, who's my buddy best of all?

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: What's something you regularly look forward to?

:: What is a predominant driving reason (or factor) behind the things you do, or the choices you make?

:: Why are you such an abusive parent?

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Is rem your favorite anime girl?

Where did you learn code and why?

Are you a cologne person or deodorant person?

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    To be candid, have you ever even once felt at risk for letting your power here go to your head, and had to check yourself?
    (NOTE: I'm not accusing you or anyone here of this nor do I mean to be offensive, I'm just honestly curious and have seen it happen on shadier communities. P-plz don't h8 me)

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    oh mighty danktuary, how would I go about becoming your official underling?

11. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    [​IMG]

Anime. Anime anime anime anime anime. Anime. Sometimes manga. But mainly anime.

Most of the time, the things I do will depend on my mood. Whether I choose what I wanna eat, what I wanna watch, what I wanna play, what to code, etc., etc...
    However, if it's not something solely for me, but also for others, I usually considering the factors such as: Is it useful to them or would make their experience easier? Is it possible for me to do? Even if it's possible, is it more work than it's worth? Things like that.

Because I'm a single dad.

Yes, yes she is. <3

I learned through an XHTML & CSS video playlist made by a user called "thenewboston" on YouTube. :D
    I got into coding because I was promoted on my first "real" forum as Community Administrator and one of the main Admins sent me a link to that playlist and said "here, learn these, you're gonna need them as an Admin", and so I did. Even though that forum went down about a month or so later, I still continued to learn and use my new knowledge, because I enjoyed doing computer-related things and this made me feel good.

Deodorant for sure. Cologne is too strong for day-to-day activities, but I'll use it when going to special events or similar.

(lol it's all good, I actually enjoy these kind of questions, the answers to them are usually more interesting and deeper than the rest.)

To be 100% honest, yes, yes I have. Not on LV, though, since there's people here that help keep me sane and level-headed most of the time. But I have had moments where I was in a position of authority (most of the time, temporarily) where I thought to myself "... huh. I could fuck all of this up with the click of a few buttons. Neat.", but then quickly dismiss the thought.
    But at the end of it all, I never have done anything malicious to another site that I've had authority on; it's just not in my nature. The possibility being there is nice, though.

Nonsense! You're a great dude, I will have none of that - instead, we shall team up and proceed to take over LV together!
    I-I mean... umm... none of you saw any of that. >_>

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Who would you consider your closest friend on LV and why?

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: This is potentially relevant due to recent events, but what would you consider to be your 'dream job', and why?

:: How easy is it for you to try to forget things?

:: As you and I both know that certain qualities can decay over time if not attended to, what must you do regularly to preserve your dankness?
    (...come to think of it, that sounds like a title, akin to Your Highness. Hmmm...)

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    How did you become such a great person?

If you had a wish to fix any code what code would it be?

15. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    The item on your right will become essential in developing a superpower of yours! What superpower related to the item did it give you?

If you had to chose between Lucas’s beret hat, Brendan’s wacky white hat, and Moon’s... pineapple hat, which one would you rock?

16. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Have you picked up any new coding languages as of late?

One current problem on your mind that you wouldn't mind fixing?

Upwork...Good or bad for freelancers?

17. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Why do you think I’m asking this question?

18. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Favorite meme?

Have you pre-ordered Kingdkm Hearts 3?

Favorite KH character?

Best anime of 2018?

Is your real name Sand?

19. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If you could live in any Pokémon region, which would you choose? Which town?

20. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I've had questions sitting in this thread for over 2 years, nice.

I think at the time you asked this question, either @ShiroLugia or @Ryan. Aqua because she was (and still is) such a sweetheart and a kind person who always makes me laugh and made a lot of great, dumb memories with me along my journey here, and then some. Ryan because we just got along well, in our own quirky ways.

I'd say my current answer would be @Pari. Ever since Summer of 2017, we've only gotten closer and became better friends than we once were, and I don't think that's slowed down much ever since.

All these guys (and a bunch of other good friends I've had here) are great and I appreciate each of them individually. ^_^

P.S.: Ryan is not cute.

Around the time this post was made, I recently got a job as a web developer, which was great because it's the main thing I excel at.
    Fast forward about a year and a half, I left that job because I was moving countries. Truth be told, I tried to keep that job as a side-job even after I moved, working remotely, but it didn't work out well.
    I think my dream job would still be something to do with web development or programming in general. I'd like one with an ideal environment and preferably not at a huge but also not a small company.

It really depends on what it is that I'm trying to forget. Considering the fairly heavy mental scars I've gotten from certain situations, it can get pretty tough. But some things are definitely easily forgettable, despite them being non-simple situations. I guess with age and time, I've either gotten used to it or learned how to deal with it.

Truthfully speaking, dankness grows inside me. It's gradually increasing in size over time, so I don't have to do much work to maintain it myself.

See: above. B) (Just kidding; I dunno how to answer these questions properly but thanks!)

I haven't messed with web development that much lately, so I don't have many bugs or issues to deal with in my projects. But I do wish I could fucking finish at least one of them. /tableflip

I have a PS4 controller, TV controller, and a bottle of extra strength Tylenol to the right of me, all roughly the same distance away. If I had to choose between the three, I'd become Dr. Mario's echo fighter.

I've always liked Brendan's hat, so probably that one, but I definitely wouldn't mind Moon's pineapple hat.

Nope; it's been a good while since I've picked up anything new. The most relevant new thing I've tried is a library called VuePress, which is used for generating static websites powered with Vue, a (pretty dope) JavaScript framework.

Too many to name. :blobsweats: I've got a few vices I'm having trouble getting rid of, so at least one or two of those out of my system would be cool. I also have a problem consistently communicating myself with people, and also trouble remembering to do things or remembering things in general, as well as listening to something someone's said and actually retaining that information for more than a few moments. I'll roll a die and see which one I'll work on first. :^)

Applied for it once, got denied, haven't cared for it since. Dunno how well it works.

To increase your post count.

Too many to name, man. Too many...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sora for sure.

Boku no Hero Academia S3. But I don't have a fair opinion because I've hardly watched anime this year. Shocking, I know.

Yes, yes it is.

Hoenn region in Fortree City, for sure. Especially if the soundtrack was playing in the background. :love:

Wings likes this.