1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Baranofl & Deedee the Ranger PMD RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Deedee the Ranger, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Finally making it out of that forest, Blake didn't feel like he was in constant danger anymore. He looked around, noticing the small buildings in the distance. One building stood out more than the rest. That building, was the one built on the top of a hill. It was easily the biggest building there was. 'Huh, that must be the guild she was talking about.' Blake thought to himself.

The closer they got to the buildings, the more he noticed that Pokémon were roaming the streets. He slowed down a little bit, confused to why there were more Pokémon.

"Hey, Vera. Slow down for a minute!" Blake shouted, trying to get Vera's attention. "Mind explaning why are there Pokémon around? I'm pretty sure that Pokémon arent supposed to be real, but last time I checked, you're pretty much real."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera could almost hear the record scratch in her head as she spun on her heel.

Staring at him for a goodly time, she finally decided he was being honest. Grabbing his arm, she continued to drag the hapless Pokémon up the hill. "Look at your arm, Ralts. Pokémon are everywhere here. I don't know what you are if you aren't originally a Pokémon, but that can wait." She hurried up the sloping path, the Guild coming into detail the closer she got. She could just about see one of the teams, hanging around outside the Guild. "Come on, don't slow down!"

She almost collapsed in relief when she saw Luxray, striding out from the Guild wearing a long, twice-wound Pecha scarf. Her partner, the tired-looking Roselia who was currently rattling off daily duties with a sense of purpose in his voice, trotted at a leisurely pace alongside her.

"Lady Luxray! Sir Rose!" She called, stumbling up the hill with Blake in tow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'Did... did she just called me a ralts?' Blake though to himself.

Like she requested, he looked at himself. He almost panicked when he did, the first thing he noticed, was those tiny white arms that wrent originaly his. He quickly found a small puddle on the floor and tried to use it to see his reflexion. His whole body was milky white. The only thing that wasn't white was his green hair, and the wierd pink thing on his head.

"What... what happened to me?" He whispered to himself.

He was freeking out, but he didn't want to show it. Vera was already mad, he didn't want to make her angrier. He noticed that she was talking to what looked like a luxray and a roselia. He didn't want to interupt her, so he just stood behind her, trying to think about what exacly was going on.

#23 Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Vera," Lady Luxray gave her a soft nod. "I suppose you aren't here on business, considering your rush."

"Not today. There's a fire in Bluewood forest!" Vera announced. She felt her body hammering with each heavy breath. The rescue teams around her began whispering, and she stoically ignored them as she continued, "There's a thunderstorm. One of the strikes hit a tree, and the flying types fanned the flames trying to get away-"

"Of course," Lady Luxray agreed. Turning on her paw, she glanced around, finally catching sight of a Floatzel and his partner, Rhyhorn. "Floatzel's team, move out to investigate, and quell fires wherever you find them. Gather any other teams you need help from."

Floatzel huffed, but with a jab to Rhyhorn's side they moved into the building at a steady pace. Sir Rose, glancing between them, protested, "Lady Luxray, you can't be thinking-"

"Rose," Luxray whinned.

"...Sorry, ma'am." Sir Rose slumped. "Right. Well, Vera, since your business is finished here-" Roselia froze. "Is that a Ralts?"

"Physically? I'm fairly certain," Vera replied sharply. Turning to Luxray, she continued, "Lady Luxray, you were right. It seems I've finally made progress."

5. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Having nothing better to do, Blake decided to eaves drop on Vera's conversation. Anything that included the forest really didn't interest him much. But what did caught his attention, was when Vera mentioned about him physically being a ralts.

'Well, I guess I am physically a ralts. But mentally... I highly doubt it. Everything in my mind is screeming that I'm not a ralts. So why can't I remember anything about this body, or how I got here?' He thought to himself.

Another thing that caught his attention, was when she said that she had finally made some progress. 'Is she talking about me? I mean, she did say that she lost her memories as well, so maybe she thinks that the same thing me?' He asked himself. Blake really wanted to ask her about it himself, but he didn't want to interupt her on a possibly important conversation.

6. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Lady Luxray smiled softly. "I'm glad to hear that, Vera. Many could learn from your determination."

Vera rolled her eyes. "Is now really the time for a philosophical lesson, Lady Luxray?" She gestured to the Floatzel and his companion, who had just left the large blue-domed building. "I mean no offense, but is there nothing else to be done about the forest fire? I would offer to help, but I'm unsure as to how, and..." She shrugged, glancing silently at Blake in explanation.

"I trust Floatzel's team to manage it," Luxray confirmed calmly. "They have certainly handled worse before. I suppose you will be borrowing the kitchens once again?" Sir Rose grumbled something about freeloaders under his breath, but he was quickly quelled by a cheerful glare from his partner.

"Yes. Come on, Blake, I'd rather not stick around in this rain!" Vera called back to the Ralts, who was currently studying his wavering reflection in a rapidly growing puddle.

7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Blake snapped back into reality when he heard that Vera was calling him. "Coming." He said, before leaving the his reflection and began to follow the cubone. He looked back, watching a small group of Pokémon making their was towards the burning forest. He took a glance at the luxray, who was currently smiling while watching the teams dispatch.

"About that luxray. Judging by the title of the guild, and how comanding she is, I'm assuming she's some sort of leader, correct?" Blake asked, trying to make conversation along the way towards... where ever Vera was taking him.

8. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "You'd be right," Vera confirmed, leading him down the winding wooden ramp towards the deeper parts of the Guild. "Luxray runs this guild. All rescue teams in the area answer, ultimately, to her." Vera considered. "Lady Luxray is a kind Pokémon, but don't let that fool you; getting on her bad side is a terrible idea, as is displeasing Sir Rose, her partner. They have at least a decade of exploring to their names, and it wasn't just item deliveries, if you get where I'm coming from." Stretching, Vera sighed. "She's been hinting at getting me to join the guild for a while now, ever since I started working around town, but you need two for a rescue team, and generally speaking Pokémon who come here looking to join come with a partner already chosen."

They stepped off the ramp into a large, circular room. Within, groups of Pokémon sat around tables or stood in corners, talking in a low murmur which spread through the room. Across from them, two large billboards brought the most attention; one was covered in hundreds of papers, while the other was coated neatly in mugshots.

"Follow me," Vera said, heading towards an entrance to their right. "We're headed to the kitchens." And, indeed, as they approached, the tantalizing, rich smell of cooking wafted through, along with the whistling of a cheerful Audino.

9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Checking out his surrounding, Blake was in awe. The inside of the guild looks a lot bigger than on the outside. They've passed a bid room filled with other Pokémon and two billboards. He wanted to ask Vera about the papers that filled the billboards, but he decided to ask her later, but for now, she was taking him somewhere.

A sudden scent of cooking filled the air as he followed Vera. Not noticing his actions, Blake started drooling. He snaped out of it when his stomach lightly growled. 'Huh, guess that giant blueberry wasn't enough.' He thought. The closer they got to the kitchen, the more anxious he got, the smell of food only making his hunger grow.

Once they made it, Blake was surprised how big the cafeteria was. Long tables and chairs filled the majority of the room. 'Well, if they're planning to feed all of the guild members, than I guess I can see why this place is so big.' He thought to himself. As he looked around, he noticed someone was in the kitchen. An audino was in the kitchen, currently cooking on what looked like a big pot. The smell of whatever came out of that pot was intoxicating. Blake wanted to eat so bad, but he didn't know this Pokémon, it would be rude to just randomly ask for food. He decided that he should wait on whatever Vera was planning on doing here.

#29 Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  10. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Hey, Audino!" Vera called, waving. The Audino started, turning in surprise, before sending Vera a bright smile.

"Hi, Vera!" Audino replied. "The usual?" He held up a ladle filled to the brim with a warm soup. "I made extra!"

"Yes, please," Vera confirmed, leading the Ralts over to a table. Sitting down, Vera motioned for him to take a seat. "Eat your fill, Blake. Once you're done, we can talk about how you got here and what you're going to do about it."

11. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Picking up a bowl of soup, Blake thanked the audino for the food. When he sat on the table, he began to eat his soup. He never knew how hungry he really was, he was practically inhaling the soup. Once he finnished his meal, he looked back at Vera, who still hasn't finished her soup.

"So, do you have any idea why I suddenly woke up in that forest with no memories?" Blake asked.

12. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Nope, not a clue," Vera replied easily. "I've been working on that mystery for over a year by now." She gripped her bowl and took a sip of her soup, shrugging. "If your experience is anything like mine, Blake, then you should start to recover memories after a while. It all depends, really - but you need to trigger it with something you've seen before." She put down her bowl and stretched. "Well, Blake - what are you going to do?"

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "I... I dont really know. First of all, I have no idea where I am, I dont even recognize any of theese Pokémon. And to top it all off, I don't even know what I'm good at, for all I know, I probably suck at everything." Blake answered truthfully. He let out a heavy sigh. "By any chance, you wouldn't know of a place where an amnesiac with little to no potencial skills can make a living?"

14. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera laughed. "You forget the same thing happened to me. Okay, here's the deal; I live in town with Madame Kangaskhan. You can learn from her how to battle and such. Once you do that, we can sign up as a rescue team." She grinned ferally. "Travelling to far-off places, beating up bad guys, finding treasure, battling tough Pokémon... it'll be awesome! Are you in?"

15. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Blake was genuinely surprised by her offer. "Wa-wait... you want me to be your partner? A-are you sure you want somebody like me to be your companion?" He stammered out. "I mean, it's not like I'm against the idea or anything, it's just that... I didn't expect you to ask me that." He slumped back onto his chair, trying to think things through. Once he got the answer he though was alright, he looked back at Vera. "It's not like I have much to do anyways, so sure, I'll do it. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to recover some of my memory" Blake said while smiling.

#35 Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  16. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "YES!" Vera punched the air. Finally, PROGRESS! Off in the background, Audino hid a snicker as Vera grabbed Blake by the elbow. "Come on, we haven't got all day! I have to introduce you to Madame Kangaskhan immediately!" Not bothering to keep her grip, Vera tore out of the door faster than Blake could follow, racing back out into the lobby.

17. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Hey! Wait up!" Blake shouted at the surprisingly happy cubone. "I still don't know where this 'Madame Kangaskhan' is, so if you would just.... aaand she's gone." He let out a small sigh, before making his way towards the exit.

18. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Madame Kangaskhan's shop sat halfway down the sloping mountain. It was made of sturdy stone and had a brown tarp draped over it, marking it as hers. Other than the open shop window and the storeroom, there was a large lounging room with a few piles of hay, a small kitchen with much the same layout as the one at the guild, and a loft-like second floor with two bedrooms. Once upon a time, the second bedroom had been inhabited by Vera's predecessor, Kangaskhan's son. However, he had left on a journey long ago, and now it was just her and Kangaskhan.

With a bang! the door flew open. "I'm home!" Vera called, waiting impatiently for the exhausted Ralts to catch up. "And I brought back a new friend!"

The sounds of someone shuffling inside told Vera Madame Kangaskhan had heard her. Finally calming down from the cloud she'd been on over the excitement of a forest fire and meeting Blake, she slumped against the door and waited for the tired Ralts to stumble his way into shouting distance.

19. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Making it before a sloping mountain, Blake saw Vera enter a building with a brown tarp draped over it. "I guess that's where this 'Madame Kangaskhan' lives." He said to nobody in general. He bagan to make his way down the sloping mountain. He triped a couple of times, but besides that, he made it most of the way unharmed. Eventually, he made it to the front door.

"*Pant* Next time, *Pant* would you just *Pant* slow down for a bit?" He asked, relatvely exausted. Once he caught his breath, he continued. "Do I need to remind you, that I dont know where I'm going half the time. If I lost you, there was no way I would've known where to go. I could've gotten lost you know."

#39 Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  20. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera shrugged. "Your loss, Blake, I don't slow down for anyone," she announced boldly. Chuckling, she added, "No worries, I got out of the habit of racing into dangerous Mystery Dungeons a long time ago." Rising, she smiled brightly as the large Pokémon lumbered into view.

Towering over the two smaller creatures, Kangaskhan gave Blake a gentle, motherly smile as she wandered in, claws and satchel filled with goods and her feet scraping quietly on the dirt floor every time she lifted her foot - which was larger than Vera, Kangaskhan being at least five times her height.

"Hello, dear," Kangaskhan greeted him softly, her melodic voice carrying her smile even when she turned away to begin stacking berries on shelves. "I'm so very glad Vera has made a friend. It doesn't happen every day," She continued, much to Vera's chagrin. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like - any friend of Vera's is."

Turning around, she sat down gently on the ground, glancing knowingly to Vera in a silent request to close the door. "Now - do tell me, what brings you here?"