1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Baranofl & Deedee the Ranger PMD RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Deedee the Ranger, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "Well, to be perfectly honest with you Mrs. Kangaskhan, I don't really know. Vera found me in the forest, barely conscious and withough any memories. I'm thankfull that she did though, withouth her, I would've most likely died in a huge forest fire." He answered. "And as for why I'm here, Vera said that you would be willing to help me. As I already metioned, I lost all of my memories, that also included how to... defend myself." He finished the sentence by looking away in shame.

'It must be a disapointment for a Pokémon to not know how to fight. She probably thinks I'm pathetic or something' He thought to himself. 'I guess the only thing I can do right now is wait for her to laugh at me.'

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Kangaskhan nodded slowly in understanding. "I can see that would be disorientating," she agreed gently. "Don't worry, dear; you'll catch up in no time. It's been a while since my adventuring days, but I assure you that you're a lot stronger than you seem to believe you are." In a mock whisper, she added, "Vera forgot how to walk before I found her, actually, so I believe you're a few steps ahead."

"Good okay let's go, moving right along!" Vera shouted over Kangaskhan, dragging Blake off the floor and pushing him away up the sturdy wooden stairs. "I'll show him his room, thanks Madame Kangaskhan!" She added hurriedly, finally relenting when they were at the top of the stairs.

The top floor was significantly smaller and more attic-like. Above, a glass roof showed the sky, and Vera recalled with fondness the early days of her arrival, when she would get up in the middle of the night to watch the stars or the rain. The hall was almost circular, with three doors - one directly across, one to their left, and one to their right, each made of intricate wood which was extremely tall, likely to fit Kangaskhan's stature. Vera led them to the room directly across, pushing it open with little effort.

The room was sparsely furnished. A large pile of hay sat in the back corner, and while it was clearly a bed, it was equally as clear that nobody had used it in a long time; no impressions were left upon it to evidence someone having been there in the nights before. A small window cast fading light onto the ground, carved in a loopy circle into the wall itself. A small table and chair were set up in a corner, and a large mat with an exotic design made in rich blues and striking purples was laid out across the floor.

"So," Vera turned to Blake hopefully. "What do you think?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    As Vera asked the question, he walked into the room. The room was quite spacious and had most necesities needed for a guest room. But thats what made Blake feel slightly uncomfortable. Yes, the room did look like it hasn't been used for a long time, but the room was too furnished to be a normal guest room. His guess was, that maybe this room wasn't originally a guest room.

"Umm, Vera. The room's great and all, but... did someone else used to live in this room?" Blake suddenly asked. "Dont get me wrong, the room is in great condition, it's just that, this room doesn't look like your average guest room."

4. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera paused. "You're right, actually, only the hay's been replaced. Kangaskhan's son is in a rescue team, see, so he lives abroad," Vera explained. "Kangaskhan built this room for him back when he was just a baby. Don't worry about it," She waved it off. Following in after him, she continued, "Hopefully, once we get started as a rescue team, we'll either be able to bunk down in the Guild itself, or have enough Poké to buy or build a place of our own. A base, if you will." She eyed the window, which showed the darkening sky, only the slight edges of sunlight visible. In the morning, it would surely give them a perfect view of the sunrise.

"Anyways - we should get some sleep, it's been a long day," Vera commented. "I'll be in my room, the one on the left from here, if you need me. Sleep tight!"

And with that, Vera walked out, closing the door behind her.

5. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Once Vera closed the door, Blake realized that he finally had the time to think about everything that has happened. He turned back to look at the pile of hay that he assumed must be his bed. As an experiment, he pushed his hands into the hay, trying to get a feel for how soft it was. It wasn't a normal bed, but he decided it was comfortable enough. Once he laid down, he finally realized how exausted he really was. "I guess running all day wasn't exactly the best thing to do. I was bound to get exausted one point or another." He said to himself.

Blake had no idea how long he had laid on that bed. He wanted to sleep, but it felt like something was preventing him from doing so. He got up from his bed, and went straight for the window. Once he got there, the first thing he saw was the moon and how it ever so slightly illimunated the lands below. He just stared at it for a while, thinking about the events that have occurred today. Once he was done collecting his thoughts, he turned around to face the door. "I guess this is my new life now." He sied to himself, before letting out a small sigh.

He decided he was done with thinking, and that he should actually try to go to sleep. He wouldn't want to accidentally sleep in. Once he got back onto the bed, he closed his eyes. He immediately went out after that.

6. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4

The next morning, Vera was awake early, up helping Kangaskhan with sorting the inventory. With the innumerable rescue teams which came to her for help, they had to be up before the sun rose. Stacking away a set of scarves, she finally decided to voice what was on her mind.

"Madame Kangaskhan," Vera asked, finally dropping the collection of colourful fabrics with a thump. "Do you think I'm doing the right thing?"

"What do you mean, dearie?" Madame Kangaskhan asked, pausing from carrying a huge box of oran berries from her stock.

Vera sat down next to the scarves contemplatively. "I mean, am I doing the right thing going into guildwork?" she offered vaguely. "I told Blake that it would be the fastest way to find the truth about what happened to us. And - and, well-"

"It is," Kangaskhan replied without a shadow of doubt, but a great deal of amusement. "Vera, we've had this conversation before, dearie. This town may be lovely, but you've been here a year, and you haven't found anything until that young lad turned up yesterday. I don't doubt that you'll find more if you go out into the world." she smiled. "I'll miss you, but I know what this means to you - and I'm always here if you need me."

Vera was just about to reply when a loud THUMP resonated upstairs.

7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'Okay, note to self, don't sit down on chairs that are at least a few years old without checking if they're stable' Blake thought to himself. He had to push himself back up to his feet, since one of the chairs seemed to have a loose leg. 'That was loud, those two probably heard that from downstairs. Might as well go apologize.'

Once Blake made his way downstairs, he noticed that both of theme were already staring at him. "Umm... sorry you guys had to hear that." he apologized, looking down on the ground, he continued. "I might have... accidentally broken a chair. One of the legs on the chair was a little out of place, and when I sat on it, the leg fell off. Again, I'm sorry for breaking it... if you want, I can do manual labor until I've paid for it." He looked back up at Mrs. Kangaskhan with sorry filled eyes, waiting for her response.

#47 Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    [This post was a mistake, I wanted to edit the previous one but I accidentally replied to it.]

9. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Kangaskhan laughed lightly. "Don't worry about it, dear. It was ancient anyways," she waved it off. "Now - you said yesterday you needed to learn how to defend yourself, yes? If you did, then come out into the field when you're ready to start." Giving Blake a bright smile, Kangaskhan trotted outside, leaving Vera and Blake to watch the shop.

"I'll catch up with you," Vera decided. "I still have some stock to sort."

10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Okay than, see you later Vera." He waved goodbye as he began to make his way to the door. Once he was outside, he saw Mrs. Kangaskhan standing on the field presumably waiting for him. Still a little nervous about all this, Blake began to make his way towards her.

"I'm here, Mrs. Kangaskhan. But before we start, may I ask how are you going to train me? You know, since I'm a psychic and all?" He asked her, a little confused to how this is going to work.

11. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Type isn't everything, dearie," Kangaskhan replied smoothly, stepping out the back into an open field. The grass was razed down to the roots, leaving only dry ground, and scattered all over were training dummies which were in various states of disrepair. "I might have to fix these," Kangaskhan mumbled, before visibly brushing it off and turning to Blake.

"First," she announced, "we're training you to move, dearie. Some Pokémon think only of what attacks they can use; not me. We won't be using any attacks until you can run twenty laps around without breaking a sweat."

She got an evil grin on her face.

"Twenty laps around the village, that is."

Hurrying away with surprising speed, she called, "I'll be with you the whole way, dear. Hop to it!"

12. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    It hasn't even been three laps around the village, and Blake already felt like passing out. 'I can finally see why Vera can run so much withough being tired. Mrs. Kangaskhan is a slave driver when it comes to exercise.' He thought to himself. Before he could even finish the lap, his legs finally gave out. He collapsed and became a panting mess.

"*Pant* Mrs. Kangaskhan, *Pant* I don't think *Pant* I can do this *Pant* anymore, *Pant* I can't even *Pant* feel my legs." He complained, still lying on the floor. "Can we stop for now. I don't think I'll be able to walk correctly after this, my legs are killing me."

13. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Kangaskhan laughed cheerfully, but agreed to his point, reaching into her bag for an oran berry. Handing it to him, she commented cheerfully, "You'll get used to it with practice!" She nodded. "You did brilliantly for your first time going. When you're finished lying on the ground, dearie, we can head back home and let Vera take a well-deserved break from running the shop."

14. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    He quickly devoured the berry, trying to drink up as much of the sweet juice as possible. Once he caught his breath, he picked himself off the ground. He was surprised by how quickly he recovered. 'First, it was a headache, and now it's sore muscles. Just what exacly are theese giant blueberries full of?' He thought to himself. Once he was thought he was okay to continue walking, he turned to face Mrs. Kangaskhan.

"Okay. I think I'm ready to head back now." He stated, before begining to make his way towards the shop.

15. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Madame Kangaskhan, when Blake caught up to her, was busy talking firmly to a large, serpentine Pokémon. Despite being outwardly calm, it was clear from the volume she was speaking at and the way her large, heavy tail flicked irritably from side to side that she was not feeling charitable.

"I'm certain I needn't remind you that what I do is none of your business, Serperior," Madame Kangaskhan said, bordering on a hiss more suited to the grassy Pokémon in front of her. "And if I hear you suggesting it again, I will make good on my promise. Is that clear?"

"Of course," Serperior replied, flicking her tail in lazy calculation.A few Pokémon nearby made a subtle effort to dodge the pair in the street. Her next words were lost as Vera hurried over and quietly pulled Blake away before he could protest.

Hiding behind the house in the training field, Vera let out a sigh of relief and started considering what prank supplies she had available.

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    After following Mrs. Kangaskhan back to the shop, Blake decided to sit back and take a break from the exercise that he had just done. Even though he was only here for about a day or two, he was starting to get used to the situation he was in, which is exacly why he wasn't surprised when Vera pulled him away.

Blake didn't know what she wanted, but he did notice the mischievous look in her eyes. "Vera, what are you thinking about right now?" Blake asked.

17. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "The Serperior Madame Kangaskhan was talking to," Vera's tone took on a dangerous quality, "is a very... controlling and insular personality. I don't like her." Checking to make sure nobody was listening in, she continued, "On paper, Ms. Selvela is the leader of a rescue team called the Twined Serpents. But off the books..." she gestured back to where the distant sound of Kangaskhan's firm tones and the subconscious hiss of Ms. Selvela's words battled for dominance. "...she does everything she can to control what's going on around here. I don't know what she's after, but that she has to hide it is a pretty good reason to distrust her, I think."

Rising with surprising energy, she began to walk towards the back entrance. "You're free to stay out of it if you want," she offered, "but I'm going to find out what's going on - and get some revenge in the meantime. I promise it'll be mostly harmless." Trotting off, she muttered, "'Suspicious outsider' my foot, I've lived here longer than she has! Who does she think she is?"

18. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Watching Vera trotting off, Blake decided to stick by her. He won't be able to stop her from what she wants to do, but maybe he can stop her before she takes things too far.

"Do what ever you want Vera, I'm not gonna stop you with whatever you're gonna do, but please, don't let things get... out of hand. Okay? I'll help you out in whatever way I can, I don't want both of us to get in trouble, so please, let's not take things too far."

19. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Don't worry," Vera waved him off, putting some depth into her stride as she stormed to her room. "It's not like I haven't done this before." Opening the door, she stepped into organized chaos. A board filled with paper and pins was stuck to the far wall. Her hay bed was stuffed into one corner, and sitting in a haphazard heap on a small desk of her own was a collection of objects, ranging from a fairly normal but pretty rock to what appeared to be a flower crown of all things.

"So," she turned to Blake, who was still standing in the doorway, a creepy gleam in her eyes. "Do you think setting her on fire would be okay? Or would it be better to slowly unnerve her?"

20. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Vera, I hope that first option was just a joke." Blake stated. He hasn't known her for a long time, so it's difficult to tell if she was serious or not. Either way, it was obvious that they were not going to burn anybody. "So what's the plan, how are we going to 'unnerve' her?"

While Blake didn't want to get in trouble, he was curious to see how Vera acts towards those who she dislikes. Who knows, maybe Blake will learn a thing or two if he goes along with this.