1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Battle vs. Red

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 8, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]

Red was the strongest trainer you could face in G/S/C, with his most powerful Pokémon being a Pikachu at lv. 81. Did you ever beat him? Do you remember what team you used? Was it difficult? Were you like me and lost many times before you finally won? 8D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kizojin

Kizojin Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    don't remember much but he was tuff but i beat him.. but yeah ouch

3. DarkTyranitar

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    beat him with my lv 95 onix, don't remember the whole battle, i guess i lost a few times before i defeated him..

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The first few times he beat me, then I return with a Lv. 100 Jolteon and got my revenge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I never beat him in G/S/C but I did end up beating him in HGSS! He was really tough especially in GSC since there wasn't a special split. However, I really think it was cool to have him in the game. I really wish more Pokémon games did this since it added a lot of nostalgia and depth to the story and changed my point of view on Red.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    The battle against Red was the real climax of the Gen II games, requiring you to traverse two whole regions, each with their own eight gyms, just to gain access to a mountain you have to make your way through, just to see him. And then, when you finally find him, the real battle immediately starts. No speech, no dawdling around, just head straight into the fight. And it was amazing. Once you beat Red, you truly felt like a Pokémon Master, the very best like no one ever was. It was a brilliant addition to the game, and it makes me wonder why not all Pokémon games have done this...

Also yes, I beat him, after being defeated various times xD

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I thrashed him every time! Me and my level 100 Feraligatr found him an easy match. My other team mates were pretty weak, but having a level 100 helped out a lot in the battles against him! Rooooar!

8. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I'm 99% sure I beat him with my Lugia. Maybe.

I do know I beat him once in HGSS though, after getting beaten by him several times.

9. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I don't remember the team I had all the long time ago, but it was indeed a memorable fight and probably my favorite thing about GSC. I don't recall losing many times (or any at all) before winning, but it was a tough fight first time I seem to recall.

10. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have never played G/S/C, but I did play HG and it was a real accomplishment to beat Red. I beat him with my legendary team xD I had a Ho-oH, a Lugia, a Rayquaza and a Mewtwo, so I was quite OP XD

11. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I remember beating him with a lvl 100 tyhlosion and around lvl 70-80 pokes to support it. And in HGSS, it was too much of a breeze still.

12. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Actually... I don't think I ever managed to beat him back in the second generation. I do remember training on Mt. Silver, and losing to him a lot of times... I don't think I actually beat him until the remakes. o:

13. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I had made it to Red in most of my playthroughs of Gen. II, but never was able to win the battle, as I never got my Pokémon to a high-enough level that I could even stand a chance against him. When I made it to the top of Mt. Silver, I would save before challenging Red, just to see how the battle would go, but I always reset the Game Boy Color at some point in the battle because I knew I couldn't win.

14. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Unfortunately I do not remember battling except for the fact that I beat him... It has been a long while since that battle...

15. fabe1089

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I remember having no problem with his team outside of Espeon. Espeon's Psychic would sweep my team time and time again. I eventually got an Umbreon, just so that I could counter the dang thing. I discovered that the only other attack it could use was Swift, which is never going to beat Umbreon.

To this day, I have a special form of respect for Umbreon. Without Umbreon, I may have never beaten Red (unless I grinded my team to level 80).

16. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I don't think I've ever lost to him, but battling him was tons of fun! I loved his team, and it was a challenge to beat. I remember constantly going back and forth between the E4 and Red in Silver to grind up my team to Lv.100, haha.

17. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Beat him multiple times, and he's really not that bad if you stock up on healing items. Don't recall what my entire team was the first time I defeated him, but I do remember my Feraligatr doing most of the work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.