1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Be quiet!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Do you live in a noisy house, or neighbourhood? Have you learned to "tune out" the noise of your surroundings, or do you have a coping strategy for when things get too loud for comfort? Are there any sounds in particular that immediately get on your nerves?

I'm not stressed right now, I promise

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My house is relatively quiet as long as no one rings the doorbell. When that happens, my dogs will run up and start barking.

For a “rural” area, my neighborhood is really noisy. Kids from the nearby Middle School like to talk loudly when they get out for the day. Even inside my house, I can still here them gossiping about people on Instagram. There is also one guy who became infamous in my neighborhood for blaring music in his car every evening.

A lot of people around here love to make their mufflers louder. It’s atrocious for the environment, obnoxiously loud, and completely unnecessary, but at least they think they’re cooler. The worst example is one motorcycle driver who likes to go around my block a couple times every other day.

One of my neighbors also has a large pit bull that they keep out 24/7 (Even during the Winter). He’ll bark non-stop and the owners don’t seem to care. Why no one has reported them for animal abuse is beyond me.

I am seriously looking forward to moving out in a few weeks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I do live in silence, when I'm at home. When I step out into the streets the noise of the city is everywhere. I'm very thankful for how well insulated my room is. I can't tune things out. Whenever I hear something, I always hear everything and it really wears on me. Especially when I'm in crowded environments (which is all the time in a crowded city). Even if I manage to tune out noise, it still wears on the back of my mind and my patience slowly grows thin.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Aside from my brother screaming at his computer games, my house is relatively quiet. But it’s really annoying when he’s screaming because his room is in the middle of the house, so you can’t just go to the opposite side. And it’s frustrating when I’m trying to do homework. My solutions are (1) hope the loud AC turns on and (2) turn on music and hopefully drown him out.

5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Sorta half and half? My step father can be loud when he talks but he's hard of hearing. He cannot hear at all out of his right ear due to a stroke so.
    But that's really it, we don't have our TV or anything loud.

Our floor is quiet but the people above us are nuts with the noise, it's like they're rioting up there.

6. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    I can get pretty overstimulated, and I'm just starting to recognize the signs of it. I went ahead and invested in a pair of noise cancelling headphones for when things get too noisy, since I have animals and live near a highway. When it's still too much, I'll take some time to disengage from everything, and maybe take a walk, take a shower, or go lay down. It helps a lot.

As for noises I hate... kids yelling in already crowded spaces. People who think it is super fun to squeak dog toys at work is another one. Dog toys are loud, and people think it is very funny to squeak them for long periods of time. It would be a lot more charming if dog toy squeakers didn't sound like screeching hellspawn.

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I do live in a quiet surrounding, a nice quiet street. Someone playing music so loudly (weird lyrics or religion which I don't follow related) really frustrates me.