1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Best Pokémon title on the 3DS?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How do you feel Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be able to stack to the rest of the already released games on the 3DS? Will it perform as well or will it flop?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think it will do better then it's predecessors since Sun and moon was so well received. It is a mix of new fans love and old fans loving another installment! Also, with the ideas fans have pitched they have more then enough to make a great installment of the core games

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I think it will do worse then SM due to lack of Pokémon Go Hype that SM had and it being a remaster version like Emerald

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    We actually do not know if it is a remaster version or a completely new story, as advertised currently. I am thinking it will do pretty well, if they are direct sequels or indeed, an alternate timeline of some sorts.

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm thinking that USM could be great games, maybe even better than Sun and Moon. Yeah, Pokémon Go was some hype for SM, but USM got pretty hype here as soon as it was announced! Sun and Moon are big games in the Pokémon franchise, and they deserve these new games (I'm seriously not sure whether to call them sequels, remasters or what right now).

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I have no idea but I feel like it's gonna flop. Due to the fact that they weren't really creative with the names. Oh nu

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's weird to compare them to X and Y since Sun and Moon had a different type of progression from the usual gym battle challenge.

I actually preferred Black 2 and White 2 to Black and White and those names are even less creative. I don't think the names are really much to go by.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Sm are real outfliers from the other games in the main series, but depending on what is going to be shown in the commercials and new directs we can see if it is going to be good or bad.

9. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    It's too early to say for sure if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be better or worse the Sun and Moon. I'm hoping it will be better though.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Well, there has been no real news since my last post... Nintendo is hushing it up.

11. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well Masuda said that the new games would be more of an alternate story rather than a sequel. He also said there would be new Pokémon but didn't really specify if they'd be new forms or just new Pokémon in general. Either way I'm really interested to see what lies ahead and I wish they'd do more with the mega evolution line instead of trying to pretend it never happened.

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I have no clue yet tbh, we have so little info about USM that we can't really say yet but I do hope they outdo SM, just adding some proper post-game content would make me happy really instead of just another battle facility.

13. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I think US/UM will do worse in terms of sales compared to S/M due to the lack of GO hype bringing new people to try the main games and some people just not seeing the point in getting them when S/M are already a thing, but be more popular among fans due to (probably, hopefull) expanding on everything S/M had and overall being a better, more complete experience.

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    It's riding on the coat tails of its predecessor, S/M, and depending on how well that did will affect US/UM. I think it'll do well, S/M did good and while that may be due to the hype with GO, I don't think it affected as much as it may seem.

15. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think Sun and Moon did a pretty good job at maintaining a high standard and I wouldn't be surprised if USun and UMoon will maintain or exceed the expectations of Pokémon fans. I'm really excited to see what they have in store for us!