1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cake vs. Pie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shada, Mar 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    [SIZE=10.5pt]The Age long debate is finally heading to LV! This debate didn't go to the debate section due to little discussion in this topic, it's mostly our taste buds~![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]So, me and my friends were watching a [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]video[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt], about the topic, and talking about our preferences. [/SIZE]
    [​IMG]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So, what do you prefer, Cake or Pie?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]For me I think cake is better than pie because on most occasions pie is sticky, and pies are mostly fruit based. But enough about me, what about you? What do you prefer and why?[/SIZE]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    I personally prefer pie, cause I love fruit (Pizza too, if that counts.) Also, there's nothing better than Pie & Milk, am I right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Cakes by far. Pie is really overrated! All I see is people talking about pie, but I think cake deserves some more love. It's so tasty with good texture too it. Go cake!

4. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I love both, but cake is my absolute fave. Boston Creme and Red Velvet are the bomb!

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Can I have both? I love them all, wuh. Pie can be delicious, especially that delicious Hershey pie they sell in supermarkets here, but cake is also just amazing. Have a big sweet tooth lately so I'm not surprised I'd want to pick both. x'D

6. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Oh I love both! But if they're pitched against one another I guess I'd pick pie since it comes as both sweet and salty and the fact of amazing pie crusts! Another reason why I'd pick pie over cake is the simple fact that I don't get the chance to eat them as often.

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Cake is better than pie in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of fruit-based foods, I prefer sugar and chocolate. :3 Since most pies are fruit pies, I don't like a lot of pies compared to a lot of cakes. Usually I eat pie as an excuse to slather whipped cream on it so that it completely overwhelms the pie, haha.

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Cake!
    Cheesecake is best, I also love cookies n cream cake~

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'll state my conclusion and then work backwards.
    I do like both for various reasons, but overall, in general, I prefer pie to cake.

The strength of a cake's taste (at least to me) is its ratio of cake filling to frosting (or icing, whatever you like to call it). I prefer cakes whose filling-frosting ratio is as close to 50-50 as possible, as eating too much filling will make the cake somewhat devoid of flavour, while eating too much frosting tends to make me unwell simply because of the sugar volume.

While there are an abundance of pie flavours out there, most of them are fruit-based, and since I like fruit a lot, that becomes a natural preference for me. (I also have to be quite careful from what foods I get sugar from as well, and fruit tends to be a safe bet, usually.)

As to a favourite taste, my preferred flavour of pie is pie flavour.

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I like cakes better. I'm not much of a crust person, so i guess that's one reason i don't like pie as much haha. I'm also not a fan of how some of the things in pie are prepared, like the fruits and stuff. I like apples, but not how they are in pies, if that makes sense.

11. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I'm much more a cake person than anything. Never really been all that into pies,not that they're bad, they just ain't for me. Cake has a much nicer texture for one (most of the time) and is just generally (for me) more enjoyable.

12. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I like custard pies, but cake... especially dulce de leche cheesecake.

13. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I love both cakes and pies. Cakes are amazing for desserts whereas pies are delicious and filling and are great for meals. Some of my personal favourites are red velvet cakes and beef pies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.