1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Character Customisation is BACK!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm so happy it's back. I really like customizing my character. I just wish there are more clothing options, or a way to change what color the clothing is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Maybe there is this time

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I just hope they have more hat options besides hat awful looking rooster-hat thing the female protag wears. It looks like it's going to fall off her head!! Anyways, is it just me, or do the protags look a tad older than the duo in X & Y?

4. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    They do seen older though

5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Am I the only person who found it funny that in the E3 stream they said they could talk about it even though they were clearly SHOWING IT

6. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    The boutiques were the best thing in Pokémon XY so I'm super excited about. Hopefully GF won't miss their chance to make some extra money and release more character clothing as DLC, I'd totally waste my money that. Character customization in XY was cool but it didn't take long before I'd purchased all the available clothes and there was only one Pokémon-inspired clothing article...

7. DemonicGamerAzazel

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.9
    THANK ARCEUS! I was actually really worried for Character Customization. What with it being "a Kalos thing" and all. It pretty much needed to stay; I don't even understand why it took till Gen 6 to get it.

Now, the real question: Will I be able to wear a scary mask?

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Actually, maybe that'll be a feature. After all, what we've seen from the game so far looks like the Alola region has some very prominent traditions (the exhibition battle with Hau to honour the island's guardian, etc.) so ritual or traditional clothing, including masks, being available wouldn't be too far fetched. I'm also super interested what kind of role the 4 guardians of the islands will play in the story with Solgaleo and Lunala and most likely Zygarde but that's not really related to the topic ;;

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    what I had noticed in XY, that some clothes for a girl were added.
    I noticed it because I had to rebuy Y and saw the new top, and the leggings were added which I totally loved
    still equil clothes and hairstyles for both gender

I am sure I play as first a girl, and if I ever buy sun i make a boy ^^

mostly because in my X game, I am wearing mostly the same as I do no like then rest

10. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I have a good question for you guys, will there be swimsuits in this game to wear? (I'd be chill with that)

11. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    With so much water the Dive HM will probably make its return so there might be a chance. I don't think you'll be able to get into the water without a Pokémon though. Speaking of which, I wonder what battles against Trainers at sea will look like now...

12. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I am so relieved that customization is back!! When X/Y first introduced customization, it always feels like you're a part of their story which makes the game even more fun! One thing I hope this customization will allow you to do is to have the option to take off your hat. I like wearing hats, but there are times when one do not like wearing hats. :sweat:

13. DemonicGamerAzazel

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.9
    7.8/10 -- Too Much Water (Review by IGN)

A swimsuit feature would make a lot of sense: There is a whole swimmer class who wear that exclusively, and this would be THE Generation to add them. On the other hand, do you think the "Moral Guardians" would be okay with the main character wearing a bikini in a children's game? I dunno, it seems like a stupid question, but who knows? If stupid people complain loudly enough...

14. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    There's been plenty of scarcely clad Trainers in Pokémon, including Gym Leaders so I don't see why that'd be a problem. There was already an option of wearing shorts and a midriff in XY and I don't think anyone complained then. Like I said though, I don't think the player will be able to traverse the water without the use of a Pokémon and in previous games the player character has always worn their regular clothes when surfing so I wonder what the point of a swimsuit would be then...

15. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Sounds awesome
    I hope something like the blue top ya can wear in xy

16. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I'm really glad it got a return! Although I did played as the boy character, I still added my own personal taste in him! I'd like more clothes options this time though, and this may stray from the topic a little, but I'd also like Pokémon customisation! It proved possible with Furfrou, so why not accessorise Pokémon?

I'd also hope that some costumes of other Nintendo characters could make an appearance, but really rare so they don't become too common. Maybe Ash or Red's clothes as a reward of winning something like the Battle Maison maybe? Or even Blue's clothes for boys and Green's clothes for girls! I'd really like that because I'd get to dress up as my favourite competition.

One thing with customisation I'd like is maybe a fashion show feature in the game! You can show off your styles with your Pokémon (dress them up too)! This is highly unlikely but I think it'd be great in a Pokémon game to diversify the Pokémon world!

I'm really glad it got a return! Although I did played as the boy character, I still added my own personal taste in him! I'd like more clothes options this time though, and this may stray from the topic a little, but I'd also like Pokémon customisation! It proved possible with Furfrou, so why not accessorise Pokémon?

I'd also hope that some costumes of other Nintendo characters could make an appearance, but really rare so they don't become too common. Maybe Ash or Red's clothes as a reward of winning something like the Battle Maison maybe? Or even Blue's clothes for boys and Green's clothes for girls! I'd really like that because I'd get to dress up as my favourite competition.

One thing with customisation I'd like is maybe a fashion show feature in the game! You can show off your styles with your Pokémon (dress them up too)! This is highly unlikely but I think it'd be great in a Pokémon game to diversify the Pokémon world!

17. DemonicGamerAzazel

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.9
    ​Maybe they could do the whole "style" thing in X and Y, and when you wear the right outfit, you can enter a different clothes shop with Ultra-rare Nintendo-character themed clothes? I dunno, I agree with your idea and wanted to add my thoughts.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  18. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Ah yes...this feature. Though it was something very small in X and Y I really loved this feature. It made the game just that much more special. This was one of the reasons I prefer X and Y over ORAS. The customization. This feature makes me feel like i'm actually in the game. (Especially with the skin tone customization.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.