1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Conventions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Feb 22, 2021.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,177.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Just curious to see if anyone has been to some kind of convention, like an anime convention or Comic-Con or something like that. If so, how was it? What's your favorite convention (or one you hope to attend one day)?

I haven't been to a convention yet, but from what I've seen and heard, they seem like fun. I'd love to go to one someday, most likely in cosplay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I haven't been to one either but yeah they look fun. Would love to go to an anime con sometime.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've been to a fan convention. it was a fairly small one (which was probably good for my first experience). It was awesome to see so many people expressing their love for their fandoms. What was also a lot of fun was going there with my dad (who isn't anywhere as fanatic as I am about anything, but he loves seeing other people be passionate about stuff).

I also liked how diverse it was. Yeah, there were the general anime/cartoon/games fan stuff, but there were also a whole ton of people there who were super into steampunk (like, a quarter of the costumes that I saw were steampunk). It was really cool to see people's interpretations of stuff. I've been wanting to go to a larger convention (with a larger support system), but I definitely absolutely loved those two days that I got to spend with my dad, surrounded by people who just wanted to show their love for things.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,422.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Never been to one. They intimidate me a little, to be honest.
    I suppose I might someday go to one if I suddenly decide I want to?

5. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    i have never been to one but i hope some time in my life i can go to one

6. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I did at one point go to a video game con and hosted a panel with a few friends of ITG.

I do have a few cons that aren't that far from me that I'm more than likely going to attend in 2022-24 as far as plans go.