1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Death Battle Season 8

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Eccentric Axolotl, Dec 31, 2020.

1. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Hey guys, Axolotl here. So after Broly vs Hulk came out, a trailer for Season 8 came with it and what makes this season in particular so special is that this one, apparently, will be chock-full with legacy episodes that are season premiere/finale worthy.

Anyhow during the trailer, there were a handful of hints on who the combatants would be as seen in this title cards. Some are more obvious than the others, but I'll go ahead and explain who is who (assuming that the picture I have copied and pasted is actually on display, and I'm not making myself look like a fool with all this rambling).

[​IMG]

TEN YEARS Somebody from Star Wars (Likely Luke or Yoda -though it should be noted that Yoda has been deconfirmed in the past due to having too many unknowns)
    BIGGER Dr. Doom
    BOLDER Ryuko Matoi (This is the only one, I couldn't figure out myself)
    BETTER An Attack on Titan character (very likely that it's Mikasa)
    DEATH BATTLE SEASON Steven Universe (will almost definitely fight Star Butterfly)
    8 Cloud (very likely he could rematch Link)
    MARCH 7th 2021 No character, but there's fire in the background; possible hints towards Azula vs Cinder (RWBY) or Zuko vs Roy Mustang?

If that wasn't enough, in the Hulk vs Broly post-credit scene, Dummi gives Boomstick a letter that's from a 'strange green man in a yellow zoot suit' (Mask), when Boomstick reads it, he shouts 'Dad?!' out loud (a reference to Carolina vs Meta, where a joke hints that Sarge might be Boomstick's dad). This could also mean we might get Mask vs Bettlejuice and/or Sarge vs Soldier (TF2)

Furthermore, during the credits scene, an action figure of Ruby is seen on Ben's (Wiz's voiceactor) desk, which could also mean we might get Ruby vs Maka. Not to mention Galactus vs Unicron has been confirmed as a season finale (it might as well be this one) and Alucard (Hellsing) vs Dio, another confirmed Death Battle, was hinted as being the next Halloween special in Sabrewulf vs Jon Talbain. And if you want to make an even bigger stretch on other 'confirmed' Death Battles, Chad (voiceactor of Boomstick) has mentioned that he wants Kool Aid Man vs Macho Man as a joke battle.

With this in mind, I have already compiled a list on the potential battles we could be getting for Season 8. The list includes:

Luke Skywalker/Yoda vs ???
    Cloud vs Link (rematch)
    Mikasa vs Blake Belladonna
    Dr.Doom vs ??? (possibly Black Adam)
    Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly
    Ryuko Matoi vs ??? (Atrocitus, Akame and Shadow are the most popular choices)
    Ruby vs Maka
    The Mask vs Bettlejuice
    Sarge (Red vs Blue) vs Soldier (TF2)
    A Fire User (?)
    Kool Aid Man vs Macho Man
    Dio vs Alucard (Hellsing) (Halloween Special)
    Galactus vs Unicron (season finale)

I'd imagine the season would have a range of 16-21 episodes. Assuming this list I made is in some way shape or form 100% accurate, this is already 12 potential episodes (more than half of what we're expecting). Technically speaking we could be looking at 13(?) confirmed episodes if the hints towards a fire user is anything to go by, but there's no definitive proof that it was there for stylistic purposes or another matchup hint.

I'd like to hear your guys opinions on these and add your input on what Season 8 can or will offer. Maybe even talk about some fights you'd like to see?

Also, shoutouts to a small Youtube channel by the name of Biff Weed. He done a vid somewhat similar to this, and I'd encourage you to watch it, if you're curious or just in general looking forward to Season 8

That's it for me. Bye now

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020