1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deltheor's Drawings

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Deltheor, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]

You can view some of my older art on my DeviantART - Deltheor @dA

I figured I'd make an art thread to post some of my older drawings, and post new ones as I make them. I've been drawing as a hobby for a few years now. I'm far from being a great artist, but I'm constantly trying to improve by trying new things.

The main things I like to draw are Pokémon and fantasy creatures. I love bugs and dragons, and they often show up in my drawings. Robotic creatures are neat, as well, but I don't draw them as often as I'd like. I mainly stick to drawing different kinds of Pokémon.

Anyway, here's an older drawing that I'm fond of to start off with-

[​IMG]

I drew this one back in 2010 as a coloring experiment, and I think it came out really well. I'm not too happy with certain parts of the background, but it's still one of my favorite drawings. It even got a Daily Deviation on deviantART at one point, which I was very proud of.

That's all for right now, I don't want to put too much in the first post. I'll post some more drawings in this thread when I am able.

Any comments are appreciated!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    These are so great, really nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    These are awesome, I especially like the blur on Yanmega's wings, makes it look very dynamic and cool.

4. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I love these too. I think you are very talented.

5. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you for the comments! They're much appreciated. :>

Anyway, here's a commission I did of a friend's team a couple years ago-

[​IMG]

They basically asked for a portrait of their team during a sunset with Lugia in the background. The Pokémon are holding items, so that's why they look a little different. Metagross has a Metal Coat (coating some of its parts in a silver film), Venusaur has a Miracle Seed, Typhlosion has a Charcoal, Gengar has a Choice Scarf, Tyranitar has a Soft Sand, and Lapras has a Mystic Water. I'm not too happy with the rocks or parts of the sky and some anatomy, but overall, I still like it. Team drawings are difficult.

GiantFletchling likes this.
  6. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    That's cool, I like the addition of held items, you don't always see that in art. If you enjoy taking commissions maybe you should start a graphics shop in the marketplace, I'm sure you would get a lot of requests. :)

http://lakevalor.net/forums/index.php?/forum/11-graphic-shops/

7. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I would love to, but I doubt people here would be willing to pay actual money for artwork. The only type of commissions I do is through PayPal, since that's how I make a living at the moment (or at least how I make enough money to pay my car insurance/fill up my gas tank so I can search for an actual job). I don't have time to do requests, either, since my queue of commissions is filled at the moment. My apologies.

Anyway, here's a drawing I did a while back as part of a personal project-

[​IMG]

I normally don't do drawings as complex as these, since they take a lot of planning, but I do like drawing them when I can. This one is of a trainer character of mine fighting Mewtwo, as part of a project that I was working on to draw some of my trainers' teams fighting all of the Legendaries. I discontinued the project due to school, but I still like how the few I drew came out!

Topcat, Pizza Bandit and EmeraldGlee like this.
  8. CSAleks

CSAleks Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    These are the most beautiful drawings I've ever seen! :3

9. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    These are so lovely! I love how there's a color ambience throughout the pieces that have a setting/background. You kind of have like a anime and realistic style combined which is interesting ^^ Keep it up, I love seeing these!

10. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much! Although I'd say my style is a bit more cartoon-like than anime- if anything it's a mix of the two, or a more realistic take on anime, if that.

Here's another part of the Vs. Legendaries project-

[​IMG]

I did this for a contest as well, and even though I didn't win, I still like how it came out. There are two of my trainer characters in this one, and 6 other Pokémon besides Groudon and Kyogre. I don't remember exactly how long it took to draw, but it was a pain, especially trying to figure out the water effects.

It can be hard to see some of the details, so I put up some detail shots on my deviantART if anyone wants to check them out- [Click Here]

Reckless and Topcat like this.
  11. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Oh yah, that does sound like a more accurate way to describe your style, they are more cartoon-like XD I also noticed something else I really like about your work. I like how there's always something in the environment that I notice after taking a few more looks at them. Like I didn't notice certain things when I first saw them, and now I see them xD Like the beedrill one, I didn't even notice that guy in the bottom left. All the detail is jus enjoyable to lookat and search for new things :)

12. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I know what you mean, I really love adding in details in my larger drawings. I get inspired a lot by other artists who add in a lot of small details, but not too much so that it looks cluttered. I wish I had more time to draw like that now, but I've been sticking to smaller drawings lately since I've been busy with school. Hopefully I'll have more time in the future to practice, though!

Anyway, here's a Volcarona drawing I did, since it's my favorite Pokémon-

[​IMG]

I attempted to replicate Ken Sugimori's style to the best of my ability while messing around with perspective, and I think it came out decent. It's not exactly like his style, since it's so different than my usual drawing style, but I like it all the same. If anyone wants to use this in any graphics, feel free (it has a transparent background, so you can use it for anything you like)!

13. queeniewolf

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I absolutely adore your art! It always has so nice dynamics and lighting in it :D

And hnnnng Volcarona <3 I've fallen in love with that Pokémon, it will always have a place in my White team

14. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! I love Volcarona, it's so much fun to draw and battle with.

[​IMG]

I drew this a little over a year ago, and it's still one of my favorite drawings. I used it to make my signature, but I still prefer the original because of the detail I put into it.

Here's a more recent doodle I did of Volcarona, this time with pencil-

[​IMG]

I doodled this during a family Christmas party since I didn't really know anybody there (and they all ignored me anyway). I had to draw it from memory since I didn't have any references, but I like it nonetheless! Sorry about the quality, I don't have a scanner and my camera isn't that great.

Topcat and EmeraldGlee like this.
  15. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    gorgeous! i love that pencil drawing of volcarona. your use of color is great!

16. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I figured I'd bump this thread since I just got back from my hiatus, and I have a couple new doodles that I've done.

First, here's a doodle I did a couple days ago, about an hour after Sylveon was released-

[​IMG]

It was a very quick drawing (I wanted to get it done within an hour of its release), so the details and anatomy is a bit wonky, but it's not bad for not having drawn anything in quite some time. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things.

Here's another drawing I did, this time of an old Dragon-type Eeveeloution I designed a while back-

[​IMG]

Its name is Wyveon, and I based it more after an oriental dragon rather than a western dragon, so it doesn't look too implausible as an Eeveeloution. Personally, I don't care much for the scaly, winged designs for a fake dragon-type Eevee. It seems to lose a lot of it's... well, Eevee-ness, for lack of a better word.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm not good with words, haha.

17. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Amazing work, as usual. It's nice to see you've returned!

18. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Glad to see you back Del! I love the dynamic pose for Sylveon! So cute! And the dragon-type eevee has a cool design. Reminds me a little of Spyro the dragon haha great work!

19. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thanks very much, guys! I've never played Spyro, so it's a coincidence that it ended up like that. I should play those games sometime, haha.

Anyway, here's another Sylveon drawing I just finished-

[​IMG]

I tried to modify its design a little bit to look more Flying-type, since that's what I think it might be (a sylph is an air elemental, after all). I changed the bows and ribbons to feather tufts and long peacock-like feathers, and I think it came out fairly well!

20. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I much prefer this design to the original Derpeon that we currently have. I guess its generally speculated amongst everyone that it'll be a flying-type, huh?

Gosh, I am a fan of this though. And Wyveon, especially. Great job, Del!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.