1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dome or Helix Fossil?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Similarly to R/B/Y, in FR/LG you were presented with the choice of either a Dome or Helix fossil upon traversing Mt. Moon towards the end of the cave after defeating one final trainer (who had his eye on both fossils as well). Which fossil did you pick? Did you use any of these fossil Pokémon on your team? Which one do you like better overall: Kabuto or Omanyte?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    I generally choose the Dome Fossil. Kabutops is awesome! Unfortunately, I've never really used one in-game. By the time you make it to Cinnabar Island, you usually have a full team, and training your new fossil guy takes too long.

3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I almost always picked the Dome Fossil because Kabutops looked wicked awesome. I never used it though, since the lab was so far away and they take so long to evolve.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    All praise to our lord and savior Helix.

With that aside, I actually do prefer the Helix Fossil over the dome fossil. Omanyte was always my choice over Kabuto because it simply looked cuter. In addition to that, Omastar is pretty fun to use competitively, so I just overall like the Helix Fossil line over the Dome.

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I never used the fossil Pokémon on my team during the game, because by the time I was able to reach the means to awaken fossils I was too far into the game and had an already established team. So it was completely pointless, and as time went on I didn't touch the fossil all together. I mean, unless it was required which I don't remember it being. I think I had to talk to the guys but never had to revive it.

Anyways, I always did pick the Dome fossil. I like Kabuto and Kabutops over Omanite and Omastar. As a kid, I always thought Omastar was ugly and rather frightening so I didn't like it. However, the design has grown on me quite a bit and I have an Omanite waiting to be EV trained and used sitting in my PC box. I still prefer Kabutops though.

6. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Dome fossil and Kabuto every time. I just like it better between the two. I don't think I've ever used an Omastar in a team before. I just had it for the Dex.

7. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    Uuuuummmm Propably Helix.
    I never really used one, but i had a really good Omastar TCG card and i used it a lot, so thats why i like it more.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I picked the dome fossil because I liked Kabutops better as a Pokémon, however training it up was a pain, so it said hello to the world that is the pc.

9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I always picked the Helix fossil, Omanite was so much cuter to me. However Kabutops is more impressive, I originally wasn't sure if they even evolved. I only ever had an omanyte TCG card, so when I finally played the game (yes I played it later in my life) I picked Omanite, and then when it hadn't evolved by 30, boxxed it as not worth training. Now however I know better, just wish you could revive it earlier

10. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    That's pretty difficult (why is everything difficult for me apparently?)

But if I had to pick one, it'd be the Dome Fossil, as Kabutops is just awesome. I think in one team I had, I had a Kabutops on it, but I dunno. I just really like the critter.

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Dome Fossil by far! Kabotops just looks so incredibly cool, I'd always choose that fossil! Not that I ever actually used it though, I always already had a full team by then xD

12. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    [​IMG]

'Nuf said. Helix fossil for many reasons. Omastar is actually really good. Don't forget Lord Helix!

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm not sure what I picked the first time I played through the remakes but I overall usually picked the Dome Fossil since I liked Kabutops more than Omastar.

14. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    Dome imo. kabutops was a fierce predator so to me that means he was near the top of the food chain

15. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I pick the Helix fossil because I find Omanyte so cute! But I do admit that Kabutops is even better than Omastar. :P

16. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I like both so it's really hard to choose, but I think I chose Helix, because... I might have even flipped a coin for it xD

17. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I always picked the dome fossil cause kabutops is amazing to use

18. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I like both of their designs, but I typically used Kabutops more because its design appeals to me a bit more. I like how skeletal and dangerous it looked, haha. Omastar is still cool, though!

19. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'd pick the Dome Fossil 99% of the time. Kabuto/Kabutops was a powerhouse (and better design). Omanyte/Omastar not so much... until Shell Smash was introduced. I still like their designs, just not as much as good, old Kabuto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.