1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Entry Hazards

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Bubbles, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziaxin

Ziaxin Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I have used setter/spinners in the past. I did enjoy it, but at the same time it was very dependent on the situation so it didn't always work out.

In my team I used Forretress for rocks and spinning. I hardly had to use him to spin though, because not many people I versed used hazards. This was back in X though, and I am still coming up with a team for AS. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Considering I run Smeargle every now and then, I like having them. That and Magic Bouncing them is fun >:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Sometimes I use hazards and sometimes I don't (I like using spikes personally.) I just don't like how it takes at least one turn to get something up, and then maybe the following turn it gets removed, wasting the turn. I always use Excadrill to spin out the hazards, but most of the time I don't use spinners, because I don't like using RS too much....

4. theawesomeafro

theawesomeafro Licensed and Practiced Lurker

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    I almost always have stealth rocks on my team, because of charizard and my venusaur's weakness to flying type attacks

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I really like using entry hazards, though I don't always put them on my teams. My favorite entry hazard happens to be toxic spikes, given my love for poison type Pokémon, and Beedrill has given me a good use from them. I feel like I should run a Drapion with them one time, because I feel like it'd be fun.
    I mean, entry hazards in general (to me) are pretty fun. Although I tend to not like any Pokémon who can run rapid spin, so I end up using defog Pokémon instead.

6. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Do you use Entry Hazards for your competitive teams? Yes I do, It is very useful to annoy the opponent and deal a little more of damage. Entry Hazzards are pretty cool

Are there certain Pokémon you use to set them up or remove them? I really like using Ferrothorn, It is a very useful Pokémon even with its x4 weakness against Fire it really deserves to be an OU Pokémon. Rapid Spind And Defog I use them depending on my team, but an Spinner is better of course when you already have hazzards on the opponent's field.

Or do you prefer not to use them at all? I prefer to use them xD. But when I don't use them I like more the offensive game haha >.<

7. Drag0nK1d

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Save for generation 3 and before I can't really see how not having hazards on the field is not needed (especially cause stealth rocks are a thing).
    Any pressure on the field is extremely helpful when it matters. Even moreso cause generation 4 still had no team preview (seriously Gamefreak. why didn't you just make that an option for multiplayer to have it open?).

8. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    My favorite Pokémon with entry hazards are Galvantula and Forretress

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Here's how I tend to go:

Triples: Yes
    Doubles: Yes
    Singles: HECK yes

PokeBattle: Nearly a must
    Smogon: A must
    VGC: A must NOT

The only time I don't make any room for hazards whatsoever is VGC. VGC is the single-most fast-paced ruleset that you can play in, and setting up is just nearly unheard of. Every other style allows time to set up and grants great rewards most of the time, but VGC just does not. Coverage over hazards any and every day for VGC.

Lately, hazards are a must on the other playstyles I play on or analyze due to how useful they are in general. Switching is extremely common in most playstyles, but VGC does not have that much switching, and it's hard to switch safely to begin with. That's probably why hazards aren't really necessary.

10. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,105.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    In PS, I tend to start every battle with Skarmory (in Monotypes). Skarmory throws down Stealth Rock, and at least one layer of Spikes. (Thanks to the Custap Berry + Sturdy combo.)

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really love setting up entry hazards. Personally, I love to use ferrothorn because of Iron barbs and Rocky Helmet, as well as its bulk, which helps when I'm trying to set up against a physically attacking Pokémon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.