1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Favorite Kind of Episode in Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jun 2, 2019.

?

What is your favorite kind of episode in pokemon?

1. Gym Battles/ League Episodes

22.2%
  2. Plot Episodes (Involves the Region's Evil Team)

22.2%
  3. Meeting New People/Pokemon Episodes

22.2%
  4. Episodes that Focus on Relationships Between Characters

66.7%
  5. Episodes with a lot of Character Development

44.4%
  6. Other (Please explain)

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've been wondering lately about just what it is people enjoy about the Pokémon anime series. I've heard people complain about the 'filler' episodes, which I've never really understood, because this show doesn't really have a single plot, so, like 90% of the show is filler. I know what I personally like about the show, but I want to know if it's the same for everyone else.

For me, my favorite part of the series is the personal relationships between characters and between their Pokémon, as well as character development. This is why one of my favorite episodes is the one where Chimchar tries to get over his trauma and adjust to living with Ash. And it's why Sun and Moon is probably my favorite of the series, despite it's unpopularity. The entire focus is around personal growth and relationships, and they do it mostly without battling. And it tackles topics that are surprisingly mature for a show made for kids, especially when it's a show that's been on for so long.

2. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    For me, I like seeing episodes with new people and Pokémon, so I can see who Ash and co. might befriend/see later, and also with Pokémon so I can try and guess if it’ll become one of their Pokémon (and inevitably not). I do like character relationships, because it makes them more 3D and less shallow, but I’d have to say that I prefer this type of episode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    The episodes that involve the deer Pokémon :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I guess those where everyone is split up and forced to work with others they aren't that comfortable with, like AG022 (A Hole Lotta Trouble) or XY071 (So You're Having a Bad Day)

Seriously, those are hillarious~!

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,177.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Honestly, I don’t think I can pick just one- I like them all. This is mostly because I’m not a picky person when it comes to what episodes to watch. I could watch an evil scheme from Cyrus and Team Galactic, or watch Lillie and Snowy bond. I’ll watch whatever and be fine with it.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,194.7
    I'm going to have to agree with a lot of the people here and say episodes with more focus on characterization and stuff. The Pokémon series seems to have developed a theme about how life is about the journey, not the destination. Ash never wins the local tournament (except that one time he did, but no one talks about that) but that doesn't matter because its the experiences he has and the bonds he forms along the way that are truly important. Thus, the episodes that focus more on those experiences and bonds are much more important, and better, than episodes focused more on the league.

WavePearl and Jupjami like this.
  7. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    my favorite episode is sun and moon a glaring rivalry and a masked warning