1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Laserdragon14, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Which game should we base this on?

1. Awakening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fates

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Echoes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Other (please explain below)

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Alright, as of right now, I'm not sure where we should take the story but we can talk about that here. What game this will be based on will not affect what class you can choose from and you can be whatever class you want (Within reason and no royalty classes). Anywho, here's everything else that you are going to need to know.

Name:
    Which game is the class based on?:
    Weapon(s):
    Background:
    Other info:

Name: Shadow
    Class: Wyvern Rider (Wyvern named: FireStorm)
    Game: Fates/Awakening
    Weapon(s): Iron Axe
    Background: Shadow was trained by his father (Who was once a mercenary) how to wield axes and swords. Once he was old enough, he decided to live on his own for a while and he later found Firestorm wounded and cared for him until he was brought back to good health. After that Shadow got attached to Firestorm and decided to learn how to ride him and later chose to wield an ax. Now they are traveling together.
    Other info: Shadow has the tendency of being quieter and isn't keen to make friends quickly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Darn. I was going to RP the character I came up with for the player avatar of my Fire Emblem fan game (which is set in the same world as Awakening after its events), as he could fit in with any setting, being the royalty of a country I made up and all. I can't even use his sister, and without either them, I can't use their retainer either.

The only other OC I've got right off the top of my head is Tobi, who is from the same planned game where he is the son of Yarne and Nah, and I don't have anything on anyone else I came up with atm. Tobi, I at least have an app made out for a forum, so I can go in and take a look and just have him come from the outrealms.

Name: Tobi
    Class: Shapeshifter (Uses Beast and Dragon Stones)
    Which game is the class based on?: Awakening
    Weapon(s): Beast Stone and Dragon Stone
    Background:
    Tobi came from a timeline where Nah and Yarne got married and Grima was slain by Robin. He was born to the shapeshifting couple as half Manakete and half Taguel. As such, he is in a class unique to him due purely to being able to use a Dragon Stone and a Beast Stone known as the Shapeshifter class. As a child, he was often seen showing off, and giving rides to other children in either of his forms.

Much to Yarne's dismay, Tobi wasn't the least bit cautious, often not having a care in the world. As a teenager he aspired to be the greatest warrior, often challenging others to duels, but often not to the death. Of course this ambition led him to the Outrealm Gate.
    Other info: Tobi is usually energetic and ready for action. As such, he usually has a hard time sitting still. He can use both of his stones simultaneously, but has trouble controlling his Beast Dragon form. Due to this, he normally just uses his Beast and Dragon Stones separately. He also can reclass to Myrmidon or Thief with a Second Seal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    You're in!

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'd like to join. This sounds fun

Name: Morrighan

Class: Sorcerer

Weapon(s): Nosferatu, Elwind and Goetia

Background: Morrighan never knew her parents, as she was raised in an orphanage in Valm. She was recruited in her early teens by Nelson and trained to hone her magic. After his forced retirement, she served the empire until it’s collapse. Then she decided to become to travel because she wanted to "find herself".

Other info: Morrighan is a lone wolf and often prefers the company of animals to people- she has an affinity for wyverns and will lamet being a sorcerer.

5. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    You're in!

Now, what type of story do you guys want to do?

6. LadySmugleaf

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'm game for fates or awakening because I finished conquest but not shadows of valetina. However, I think either pregame or post-game would be better unless we all want to share the main characters and it could get quite messy unless we make clear divides who RPs who.

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Name: Balder
    Class: Mercenary
    Weapon: Iron Sword
    Background: Balder grew up as a slave in Plegia, but was eventually able to escape. He now makes his living as a mercenary, traveling around the continent and working for whoever will pay.
    Other info: He tends to be very gruff but works well with others.

8. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    you're in!

9. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I think between the Wyvern Rider, the shapeshifter, and the Sorceress, we might have a small group that could end up fast friends. Anyway, I'm fine with whatever. Just know that outside of Awakening and Fates, I'll basically be just winging it.

10. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    It sounds like Awakening would probably be the best game setting for this.

11. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    If we are doing Awakening, then would it make sense to do pre-game?

12. LadySmugleaf

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Yeah. Morrighan would have to have some from an outrealm then as she was serving the Valmese Empire during the game story-line.

13. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I'd say either pre-game, post game, or AU Awakening would be best. It might confuse the heck out of Tobi for a few moments since he is from an AU to Awakening. We don't have to have the canon characters after all.

Of course, if everyone wants to do pre-game, I'm all for it.

14. LadySmugleaf

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Either works for me because Morrighan will be showing up via outrealm anyway.

If we did do an AU, what kind would it be? I'm not fond ofnthe idea out of simplicity's sake

15. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I was just thinking simply one without the canon characters just so we don't have to worry about them.

16. LadySmugleaf

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I don't think that would work. Canon characters tend to be Very Important and it'd be hard to erase them unless we do a modern!AU (where would the fun be in that tho) I think we're better writing the story somewhere where we have minimal if at all interaction. Perhaps a mercenary group in Regina Ferox or Valm. Or even Plegia.
    Or we could have pregame and set it during the first Plegia-Ylisse war or in the unsteady peace afterwards

17. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Personally I was thinking more along the lines of a post-game storyline where our characters work on dealing with some of the fallout of the game's plot (such as increased bandit activity and stuff, with all kinds of thugs and vagabonds using the aftermath of the war to their advantage). After a while we could get involved with having to stop a cult or something. I'd also be up for prequel campaign, though.

18. LadySmugleaf

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    You make a valid point. But now the real question is, Laserdragon14, what do YOU think and what do you want to do? It's your ship to sail.

19. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    You know, now that I think about it, a pregame campaign could give Tobi something to do, considering his grandma's backstory. You know, depending on long before the events of Awakening this would start up.

20. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I personally don't care but I do want to avoid seeing/interacting with the characters of the main game as much as possible, not saying that I don't want to later interact with them but I don't want them to play a big part in the rp.