1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Got any Recommendations? Post em' here!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dragon, Mar 3, 2015.

1. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is one of the prettiest, cutest, and enjoyable Wii games out there. It's also two-player, so you can team up with a friend. The game also has a wonderful soundtrack, but you've probably heard all this before, so I'll cut this short.

One hidden gem that i never see discussed, and is probably one of the most underrated Wii games out there, and is pretty hard to find, is called Epic Micky

From the plot to the animation to the game play this game is incredible.
    Basically you play as Mickey Mouse who is transported to the world of forgotten Disney characters and cartoons. You're given power over Paint (Restore objects and befriend enemies) and Thinner (Destroy objects and enemies). Depending on which element you use more, the game play varies. The story is incredible and the world you explore is wonderful. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    There's also a sequel, but i'm unsure how good that is.

And, Finally, PokePark.
    Pokepark is, in my eyes, one of the best Pokémon spin-offs. It didn't sell too well, but it's pretty easy to get a copy of. Everyone who has played it has said it was a great game. It's very easy and quick, but this game has so many little challenges hidden in it. If you're planning on showing a little kid Pokémon, give them the first version of this game.
    The second is pretty enjoyable too, but i'd recommend the first one more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Personally i think Pokémon colosseum and XD are tje best spin off as u have a completely different plot to the main series games and theres loads of shipping between characters

Anyone suggest any english fairytail games? as i cant find any

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I agree with EchoSouls on PokePark. Though if you wanna skip playing the first game, that's perfectly fine as there's only one story element I can think of that you need to know from the first game, plus PokePark 2 is sooo much better imo.

There are positives within both games. Pikachu's Adventure (the first game) is more of the introduction to the overall series, and focuses a lot more on friendship without any real villainous evil team or stuff like that. Just more of a lighthearted "make friends, play Attractions for mystical gems, sway the minds of the Zones' leaders" game. It isn't inherently BAD, it's just not really something that has much real substance in my opinion. Befriending Pokémon, while fun, gets repetitive fast. Though since all of the Skill Games are fine to be honest, that isn't really a bad thing. The attractions themselves, while there are quite a few of them, I'm overall pretty mixed with. While Rotom's Spooky Shoot 'Em Up is hella fun (and so is Rhyperior's Bumper Burn because it's basically Bumper Balls from Mario Party, and Gyarados' Aqua Dash because I used to like playing racing games when I was younger), some of the others are just...bland. Like, Bulbasaur's Daring Dash. All you do is just shake your Wiimote and you autowin. Not even a challenge. (I know it's the first Attraction in the game, but still.) I could go in-depth about all the rest of the Attractions, but honestly I think you see my point - Attractions have their ups and downs. Overall, still a fun game that's worth playing.

Now Wonders Beyond (PokePark 2), on the other hand. Like I said, there's really only one story element I can think of that you need to know from the first game. That being Pikachu and Piplup's friendship. Anyway, the game itself. (Bias mode activated.) The story imo is a lot better than the first game. In this one, you travel across a completely different PokePark (which strangely has that same name), making new friends, and solving new problems. Also in this game, you have 4 party members, and not just Pikachu like you did in the first game. Also there are really only a handful of Attractions in this game, all being run by members of a group of evil Pokémon over in some alternate world. (I haven't played either game in a couple years, so a lot of this stuff isn't really clear in my head.) Also without going into detail, battling in this game feels a lot better. Also there are bosses and minibosses in this game. Overall, i think PokePark 2 is better than Pokepark 1. But both games are good in their own right.

Alright, moving on to a different game entirely. Mother 3. Now this game is kinda risky to play for a lot of people, since in order to play it in English you have to patch a ROM and emulate it. Though honestly that's a small price to pay, as this is my personal favorite RPG of all time. The story, for one, is a lot darker of one than EarthBound's (its prequel), and it keeps a lot of EarthBound's battle mechanics, while also adding something new. Rhythm battles. Basically each battle theme has a rhythm, and you tap A in that rhythm and you can combo up to 16 hits. Obviously some themes are harder than others.(Serious! is the bane a of lot of players' existences; I've gotten a 16-hit on that ONLY ONCE) ...Yeah, that's about all I have to say about this one without giving much else away. Honestly if you don't mind emulating, then give this one a shot.

Finally, I'll state one that I myself have been having a lot of fun playing. LEGO City Undercover. Even though I haven't finished it yet (for reasons), I still enjoy this game for having a really expansive world, and having a looooootta shit to do after getting each new ability. Kinda like a Metroidvania, which is why I like it so much. The gameplay at its base is a lot like any other LEGO game: you build stuff, collect studs, buy stuff with those studs, play through levels, get stuff in those levels, etc etc etc. But this game has a completely original story. It involves Chase McCain, the main protagonist and the best cop who has ever lived trying to arrest his archnemesis Rex Fury. Again. (There's a prequel to this game on 3DS, but I haven't played it yet.) But yeah, I highly recommend this game if you're a fan of LEGO.

Now I know these are supposed to be recommendations and not mini-reviews, but honestly if I am to recommend something, I'm always tempted to go in-depth as to why I find these games good.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I can wholly recommend the ace attorney series. It allows for calm olaying and is written very well.

5. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team is pretty addicting for me. Definitely recommend that

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    One of my favorite PS2 games is a Gundam RPG called 'MS Saga: A New Dawn'. Despite its flaws (and it does have a number of them) it is still a fun game that challenges your skills in maximizing your team's potential and understanding how enemies operate in order to effectively counter them. Has good music, too.

7. darkmaster567

Cirrus
    (Mystery Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.6
    I recommend the Legend of Spyro series, all three are good games and have a good story to them.

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Has anyone heard of Pokémon Conquest.

Easily my favorite spin off game of the Pokémon series. Its basically a strategy game where you are a warlord based in old time Ransei. You have to conquer all 17 kingdoms of Ransei in order to achieve a legend that the creator of Ransei will show themselves to the ones who does. However, Nobunaga will do anything to achieve the dream for himself. If I say anymore it would be spoilers. You have to defeat Nobunaga before he beats you. If you haven't already noticed, this game takes heavy influence off of ancient japan with every single warrior you met, even non golden warriors, having some ties to the people of old japan. You have a max of six Warriors in a kingdom but you can have as many Warriors as you like and can even launch multiple attacks on kingdoms at once. The actual game play is some of the most fun. The game is set up with a tile system with several different tiles doing more than just being a rock to stand on. Your Pokémon move around in this tile grid and you have to use positioning to attack your opponent effectively with some attacks doing more damage if hit in the back and with some attacks hitting more than one tile. You can come up with some great strategies and tactics that you could never before do in a Pokémon game. There's also a tone of post game content that I have easily spent 200 hours trying to complete. The main campaign isn't that long but all the post game content is equally fun and far longer. I love this spin off title and it easily gets my recommendation to try it out.

9. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I was gonna saw Conquest as well. I will say this, though, if you still own an N64, I recommend looking for either the two Mystical Ninja games we got or Mischief Makers. All three of these are really enjoyable games that unfortunately went under everyone's radar, though what makes Mischief Makers unique is it's the only game on the console that requires you to us the joy pad to move. (Yeah, how many of you even noticed the N64 controller had one? I had friends in school back in the day who had no idea what I was talking about when I described that to them.)

10. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i have.. three games to recommend.

Pokémon mystery dungeon: explorers of sky
    -very good character development
    -good controls
    -good levels, always changing and never the same
    -very good replay value (i have replayed it over 5 times and never gotten tired of it)
    -explorers of sky has more extras and things added on to it compared to explorers of time and darkness

sonic adventure
    -multiple stories and characters to play as
    -good levels, fun and replayable
    -good replay value
    -cool unlockables
    -good story and character development

shadow the hedgehog
    -multiple stories to play through
    -three sides to choose from, hero, neutral or dark
    -good levels, replayable and good level design
    -ambiguous endings, leaving you, the player to decide on your feelings and thoughts on how shadow is as a character and the decisions you made for him

there's also many more games i could recommend but these are the top 3 i can think of right now