1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Haunting Tales around the campfire

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest' started by Jeydis, Oct 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,397.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    [​IMG]
    Art by the famous Junji Ito

"This is a true story, and it happened to a friend of a friend of mine..." their voice trailed off as the bonfire in front of them roared dramatically casting everyone around its ring of dancing light in a harsh glow.

Ghost stories are a staple of the season and will be the focus of this little writing event. For your entry in this you will have to submit a Pokémon related ghost story. It can be funny, dreadfully serious or anything in between really. Japan's Yokai tales indeed span all genres and should make for great inspiration should you need it.

So go out there, find yourself some spooky ghost Pokémon to be inspired by and write! The staff cannot wait to ready what you create for this most haunted time of year.

Rules:
    - All entries must be completed and submitted in this thread by October 31st at midnight (EST).
    - This story can be in the form of a link to a post somewhere else on the forum or if you want you can submit the whole story here in spoiler tags to ease navigation. For ease of reading only digital writing entries can be submitted.
    - The stories must have a Ghost-type Pokémon at their core, this can be in any role though, they don't have to be the antagonist if you don't want them to be.

Rewards:
    1st Place - 350 PP + Oktoberfest Winner's Medal '23 and access to the Prize Corner forum for some exclusive catcher spawns.
    Participation: 100PP and the Oktoberfest Participant's Medal '23​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,100.0
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    ''Wait...Your first Pokémon you want to be...'' Christian looked at his little sister. ''But why that Pokémon?'' Jenna chuckled. ''Who says that I want that Pokémon. Besided, didn't you promise me, you would go anywhere with me. if I wanted to catch my first one..'' Christian sighed He knew how stubborn his little sister was. ''Fine but, if it get to dangerous we go away.'' He warned her, Jenna just nodded. As she grabbed her bag. ''Best thing is to go around midnight.'' Christian had hardly a choice but to agree. Those types of Pokémon usually only came out around that time.
    Little did he know what Jenna was really up to.

Slowly the night fall and close to midnight the siblings left for the old house. The house stood empty for at least 100 years, windows were broken, and some floor boards were loose. ''You sure about this?'' Christian asked, Jenna nodded. ''I am certain, now lets go.'' They both went inside as slowly the sounds of different hopefully Pokémon came from all direction. Even than sudden it started to rain and lightning came damn. ''This is way to creepy.' Christian thought. ''Hey Jenna...'' as he looked next to him, Jenna was no longer there. ''Jenna...Jenna where are you?'' He screamed in panic. Still there was no answer. ''Ghastly....'' Christian turned seeing the ghost Pokémon. ''Haunter.. Haun...'' his heart beat went faster. Taking first a few steps back and than turned to run. ''Jenna where are you. we are leaving now.'' He screamed and ran. Jenna laughed from a distant. ''Nice work Ghastly and Haunter. Now lets see if my cowardly brother can handle this.''

Christian had his flash light in his hand gazing around on the ground floor, so far nothing caught his eye yet or had he seen his sister. He gazed upon the grand staircase that led to the first floor he narrowed his eyes. Seeing a shadow standing in the corner. For him it could be a Pokémon or Jenna. Somehow he sudden remembered a memory years ago and something that kept coming back every year on October the 31th. Pranks, she loved pranks but since she became older and he getting used to it. He never thought or got scared by them anymore, probably even today that he didn't even notice this one. As something he sudden thought that it was months ago since she caught her first Pokémon. A slight chuckle came to mind, that he was going to prank her back for all those years. Yes its a mean one, something an old friend once did. Or at least he wasn't aware of the details but he did prank his friends also.
    Christian walked up to the first floor, checking room for room and eventually he sighed. Even if he wanted his plan to succeed he still need it to find her.

Not far from him stood Jenna. Haunter was playing with ghastly untill the right time. Jenna saw Christian walking towards the play area from the Pokémon in the house. ''Nnow, go now.'' she whispered. The two nodded and fadded away.

While walking into the room, Christian saw that the carousel started to spin and making music. to his left a ball was dribbling up and down. Haunter had fun as he started to spin faster and faster. While gasthly sat inside the ball and go from up and down to rolling. It was fun to see the two ghost Pokémon playing with there toys but he need to pretend to get scared. ''No...'' with a loud yelp Christian fake faint it to the floor and stopped moving. Ghastly and Haunter stopped playing and went to see him, kinda worried they called over Jenna. Jenna checked but she didn't see anything that could lead that Christian was gone, but he was unresponsive. ''Christian? Christian??'' she called out worried, her brother didn't butch at all. Haunter tried to tickle him but still nothing. ''No,, ok nothing is uh wrong right.'' she asked her Pokémon they both shook there sorta head. ''What to do..'' when she started to fully worry Christian grinned and spooked her. ''Booh.'' he called out, Jenna fell on her butt and he was laughing. ''You should had seen your face, priceless.''
    ''Why, I got scared. I was worried you were so spooked by them. That well you know...'' Jenna explained. ''I only did that once, but please stop with those pranks. I am done with them.'' Christian said as he sighed. Jenna looked at him. ''But.... fine, at least to you.''
    Christian rolled his eyes. Ghastly and haunter were also relieved as they went through him to hug him. A shiver went through his body. ''That is cold.'' with that they laughed and Jenna was playing with the haunter and ghastly like she was alittle kid. Christian shook his head. ''I hope you have a good rest Gengar, must say I miss you....''

''You really miss hi m don't you?'' Jenna asked as she saw him watching. ''Yeah, been years by now. But I know he is in a good place. Even though I thought it was impossible for ghost Pokémon to die.''
    Jenna looked at her two previous forms of the Gengar. ''Seems anything is possible in the world of Pokémon.''

Done!!! Not one of the best stories, but this was all I could do for the moment

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    Jeydis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.