1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[Help Wanted] Anybody good at drawing fanfiction covers?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by The Eccentric Axolotl, Feb 24, 2018.

1. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    ARTIST NEEDED
    Hey everyone, Eccentric Axolotl here! For those who don't know, I'm a writer of fanfiction (as the title would suggest), particularly a story by the name of 'Pokémon MD : The Temporal Travesty' which tries to hide itself from being a written version of 'Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky', except with 5th and 6th gen pokémon, new characters and a semi-shameless self insert... Yeah!

Anyhow, it has come to my attention that most fanfictions (Mystery Dungeon rewrites included) have covers for their stories, good ones I may add.

Now this where the help comes. I'd draw a cover myself, except I'm a terrible drawer/illustrator and don't have any motivation to get better at it. So I need YOU to draw me the best cover you can. While I'm not looking for perfection, I do want the cover at the very least to be, say... acceptable by artistic standards...? And having a art style that suits 'Mystery Dungeon'. Also I'd like to see any previous work you have made.

I have no real money to offer, but I suppose a built-in currency for a specific forum website is just as good, right...? As of writing this, I'm offering 45 poképoints (which is all I have at the moment) and may rise over time.

And as much as I hate to self-advertise, I highly recommend reading the story so you have an understanding of what you're meant to draw.

You can read it on Lake Valour: here.

IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
    1. According to Fanfiction.net's image manager suggestions, the image should be 600x800 or larger with a 3/4 aspect ratio.
    2. The title should be prominently featured in the cover, with a fitting font
    3. Although they're not really requirements, I'd like the following characters prominently featured in the cover: John, Shinx, Grovyle, Dusknoir and Purrloin.
    4. Whatever's in the background is mostly up to you, but I want a time gear featured in the background. Location wise, The Future, Mystifying Forest, or Hidden land (maybe with Temporal Tower hiding in the background?).
    And of course, you'll be given credit for drawing the cover. And if you want anything specified design wise for the cover (the character, John has a very specific design), be sure to ask. And of course, only start drawing the cover when we both agree to the terms with this... Whatever you'd call it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...