1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you decide on your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Morgaine, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Blazonix

Blazonix Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽788.8
    My username, hm. Well, for one, it's a mash-up of Blazon and Phoenix. When I was small, I had a friend I wrote letters to. I drew a coat of arms with a phoenix as a signature, and that's where the words come from. After mashing them together and getting told it was stupid, I decided I would use it everywhere out of spite. I still use it out of spite, now that I think about it.

2. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Drew Blackstone is the name of one of my oldest OCs, who is also the main protagonist of what might be the only fanfic I ever finish.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FrennyDaFren

FrennyDaFren School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.4
    Honestly, a friend of mine called be "Frenny" once because they said I was a good friend. I thought it was weird, but they kept calling me that name, so I eventually got used to it and I now use it as my username.

4. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    Oh boy LOL

I have an oc named Princesschu, and another named Quiflya.

Never had I thought about giving myself a username such as mine. I usually do "Kaisen" but that's more my Digimon name staple. "Amy Kunta" is my Pokémon one, but I wanted something really cool so I thought about it:

Princesschu is electric/psychic ( Before Alolan Raichu was a thing lol ) and Quiflya can make typhoons with his wings.
    Kinda played on words and bam, my Pokémon name was born xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    MetaKnightmareUltra was a cool sounding name, mainly because i love the Kirby series, and it was a great mode in Super Star Ultra!

(By the way, King Dedede is my favorite character) ;)

[​IMG]

6. Kibbeh

Kibbeh ☆ Star Warrior ☆

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.4
    My name developed after a lot of time. It started as the username Fighter_Kirby, which was mostly because I couldn't use my previous username and every other Kirby ability related username was taken. I didn't even really like the Fighter ability, honestly (though I've grown to like it over time). Over time, my name got shortened in various ways, due to the length of the name being rather inconvenient to spell out fully. One person started calling me Kibbeh, and over time the name sort of stuck.

Also, my name has nothing to do with the dish that goes by the same name. I only ever learned about that after the name had caught on. :P

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It all started back in high school, where gen 4 had just gotten popular and the eevee evolutions, Leafeon and Glaceon, were the talk of my class. Glaceon was my favorite of the two at the time, and I quickly realized I liked a lot of Pokémon that were white and based around ice and snow (Absol, Winter Sawsbuck, Articuno, etc.)

Also around that time, I rediscovered Earthbound and the Mother series, really good Nintendo games that sadly never really saw much attention upon their initial release (due to poor advertising. No one wants a game that literally says it stinks). Over time however, they became a cult classic.

So I decided to combine "Snow" with "Earthbound", and that's how I got my username. Also, it sounds cool. :P

8. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Lol... well, the name itself doesn't really have any meaning for me. I came across an inactive profile with this username on a website called Gaia Online when I was like 13 or 14 (so like 9-ish years ago... yeah I feel old). I originally just made my own version of the name on my Gaia account, which ended up being xW ii l d f ii r e. But once I started making accounts on other websites I ended up just using the original name. So yes... I basically stole the name if I'm honest. Not something I'm proud of. But these days I just automatically use it for websites and don't even think about it since I've had it for so long. I also use the name OculusMagica a lot, which was the name of a virtual item on Gaia, and for some reason my 13-year-old self thought it sounded cool at the time.

9. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    Okay So my name was something i sat down and was all huh i want to have a username that hit me but still could be related to my little Pokémon mascot i go by normally... I am a very edgy person and at the time i was into creepypasta ( still am) and my mascot ( creeptini ) was kinda appart of this and creeptini is kinda dead. Death and victini is Victory. DeathxVictory ( also i fail a lot while trying to play games and win so .... that also made it more of a staple for me.) Its like dieing and loosing made it more of a push for winning!​

10. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My username is random Pokémon inspired name. I was thinking for username and it hit my mind. And I really dont know but I loved this name and I still love it

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    This will be a long story...brace yourselves for another one of my mini-rants!
    Giratina has always been my absol-ute favorite Pokémon. I really started to get into Pokémon right around Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and of course, the first Pokémon I ever saw with my current fanatic view was Giratina in it's Origin Forme. I fell in love with the Renegade Pokémon and feel like it describes my personality quite well-two sides that I can switch between without warning. From psychopathic murderer to (I won't say innocent) the side I usually show, my all-around weird fangirl self. I fall HARD for the bad boy, Blue, Silver, ect (Gladion too, but he didn't exist back then ;( sad ). I was already a big Conflicting and SoulSilver shipper. When I saw Giratina's Shiny, it was like my prayers had been answered. Blue and silver instead of red and gold. Perfect for someone who'd stayed on the side of her rivals the whole time. I didn't think I'd like the tan base, but it's really grown on me. And yes, I soft-reset for a Shiny in ORAS to name it Gira.

MissingNo was the first Pokémon I loved. I was really bored and decided to mess around on a game. Ooh look an encounter-OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?! Seeing the Glitch Pokémon in all it's glory was the best moment in my gaming career and still is. I let him go, not wanting to capture such a beautiful creature. And it duplicated my items as a bonus. Guess I'm like MissingNo in the end-stay away from me and you can go your whole life not knowing I exist. But if push comes to shove, I will mess you up. I started my #MissingNo hashtag in honor of him. Also, the fanfiction possiblities...YES.
    That's the story of my username.
    #MissingNo

12. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Chrysa-Hiyama is my Wattpad and Fanfiction username so it made more sense to me to choose a name I'd remember for sign in when I'm at school or away from my home laptop. The origin is from a Vocaloid named Kiyoteru Hiyama and I added the Chrysa part where Kiyoteru is. Ever since then it's just become a natural flow.

13. UnderTheMoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽79.3
    UnderTheMoon references my live by the night tendencies as I have an intolerance to sunlight, therefore I am usually "Under The Moon"

14. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I like cherries. Also, I like fairy type Pokémon. And 3 is just a rhyming number thing. But I like my name Cherry3Fairy so much!

15. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Everybody has a small yet somewhat interesting story for their usernames.
    All i did when i was a kid what type random keys on the keyboard that somewhat resembled my name. After that, I just kept it, since I could never seam to forget it. Thats how I got (barandofl)

16. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I love how everyone is unique in how they chose their username.

I'm an Eagle Scout...obviously. And the best Pokémon in that equivalent is Braviary. You know the rest

17. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    A long long time ago, I initially joined a Tails forum during my Sonic fanboy days (this was like... middle school. This is when Sonic X was still around), and since everyone had made up their own characters and all, I quickly came up with a bright blue Tails brother/recolor called Sky, hence SkyPrower.

Then, a few years later, when I drifted from the Tails forum and joined another forum (where Sonic stuff wasn't quite as well liked; this was 2007/2008 times, after all), I eventually ended up abandoning the old SkyPrower accounts I had and renaming myself SkyBlueFox to get away from the Sonic bent and be more of a general person thing.

18. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Nothing special, just the first initial of my first name followed by the first 4 letters of my surname. It's kind of my go-to username. (Some sites, I'll add the next two letters of my surname)

19. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I've always thought Egyptian mythology was fascinating, and my favorite Pokémon just happens to resemble one of their gods, Anubis. So, that's how that came to be :)

20. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My Username Came From My Original Character With Same Name.
    As States In Another Thread(I Don't Know Where,I Forget),The Username Is Fusion Name Between Geronimo Stilton(Animated Version) And One Of My Favourite Starter Pokémon,Snivy.The Name Reflect The Rodent As Calm And Intelligent Rodent.

After Creating Her,I Decide To Use 'Geroniny' As My Social Media And Public Nickname Leading Up To Use 'Geroniny~' As Username.