1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I-it's not like I want you to ask me questions or anything...

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Dawn, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    ...b-but if you want to, I guess I could answer...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Where are you from? Do you like where you grew up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Hey Dawn!
    What's going on in your life rn? What are you looking forward to?

4. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    What's your favorite anime girl archetype?

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Are you a fan of musical theatre?

6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I got the reference. So I now know you like (or at least know to a certain extent) Gravity Falls. While it isn't one that I consider a personal favorite, it is a good cartoon. What are some of your other favorite cartoons? If I am for some reason wrong in my assumption, sorry.

What is your favorite candy?

Do you watch YouTube on a regular basis? If so, who are your favorite YouTubers and why?

Best Disney movie you have ever seen?

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    are you a tsundere?
    What was the first real board game you ever played?
    Do you play table top or miniature games?

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I am from the south of England (Chichester area) in a small village...actually the next village over from where I currently live! I don't think I'd like it much now because transport links are terrible there, but growing up there was nice. My childhood was basically Animal Crossing without the loans. Bug-catching, fishing, hunting for fossils, terrorising the local animals, etc. Even though I didn't have the best of childhoods, it wasn't down to where I lived.

Hey Kitty :3
    Not much, honestly!
    At the moment, I am looking forward to December 1st, when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out and the rest of my life gets put on hold, aha. My life is ruled by video game release dates.

Magical girl, naturally. I'm a huge Precure fan, and I grew up with Sailor Moon, so. xD

Mostly! There are one or two musicals I absolutely cannot stand, but I am a huge fan of musicals, opera, and operetta in general. I'm especially fond of Gilbert and Sullivan (seen that Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob performs the HMS Pinafore? I can do that. Almost.) and Der Freischütz is my favourite opera...although I saw Ariadne Auf Naxos in London a few years ago and, asides from craniny my neck to read the subtitles, I loved that too. I've also seen The Lord of the Rings Musical and that was amazing...and I have a not-so-secret love of the Legally Blonde musical. Gay or European? is one of my favourite songs. I have no shame. xD

Cartoons...well, I'm a child of the 90s. My favourites are almost entirely from that era - Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Taz in Taz Mania (all of those have gotten better as I've gotten old enough to understand the humour, Taz especially), the 90s Batman, Spiderman and X-Men cartoons, Mummies Alive! (god, I LOVED this!) and Beast Wars (I know it's CGI, but it counts, considering it's the best Transformers has ever been in my opinion). More recently, I didn't mind Steven Universe - I liked the songs - and I quite liked Avatar...not so keen on Korra. Ben 10: Alien Force surprised for how good it was after the first series was so awful, too...shame the same couldn't be said of Ultimate Alien. Oh! The reboots of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (why why WHY did that not get a third season?!) and TMNT (up to Fast Forward, which sucked) were good too. Growing up, I loved Thundercats, Wacky Races, and Secret Squirrel too. I also might have really liked the first two seasons of Winx Club. Maybe.

I quite like peppermint. I'm not a huge sweets/candy person, so usually I have something small, if I have anything at all.

I don't really watch much on Youtube asides from whatever Jim Sterling puts out these days. Mostly use it for soundtrack etc.

The Emperor's New Groove is the best Disney movie ever. Yzma is probably the best villain Disney has ever had for how utterly hilarious she is...and how she doesn't meet an unsatisfying end, too.

No, I'm a kuudere.
    Pokémon Monopoly, I think...the original one. Or it might have been a chocolate monopoly. Definitely some kind of monopoly.
    Not yet. I WAS really into Warhammer for a time - Necrons are pretty cool - but I didn't have the patience to paint them, and they cost a fortune, and there's finding people to play with too. D&D is something I've looked into but, again, finding people to play with. It's...one of those pipe dreams I have that is in the back of my mind.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Some pretty good choices. I loved Wacky Races as a little kid. So funny and so underrated! Anyway, more questions for you.

What was your favorite subject in school (not counting lunch)?
    What is the best song you have ever heard? The worst?

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I haven't play Xenoblade but have seen the character art and some of the guys are so fine, any favs so far?

11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Dreams or Memes?

Sand or Gravel?

Lava or Water

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It's weird how so many people have forgotten Wacky Races, as it was pretty iconic when I was in school...I think someone (might have been BOOM?) even did a comic of it fairly recently. I think when most people think of Dastardly and Muttley they think of And Their Flying Machines, a.k.a. Stop the Pidgeon, the cartoon that a lot of people know but don't know what it was actually called because of the theme song. xD

School...that's going back over a decade now, haha. I guess in Primary School it was Art, and Secondary School it was either English - one of our coursework pieces was on how Disney's depiction of women had changed through the years, and doing research for that involved watching most of the Renaissance-era films - or History, which was a mix of things.

Hrrrrrrmn...by "song" I'm going to assume you mean something with actual lyrics, because if not I will go insane trying to choose between all the vocal tracks from video games I've heard over the years...yeeeeah. It's still a pretty tough call, though. I am a HUGE Kalafina fan, so something from them - Manten, maybe - would fit the bill. There's also The Counting Song, which is basically my life in song form.

...oh god, I could go on. I have far too many favourites to pick just one as the best ;w;

The worst song, though...dare I say My Hands, by Leona Lewis? Mostly because it made absolutely ZERO sense for it to be associated with Final Fantasy XIII, which was already a very bad game, and Leona Lewis...yeah, not the best singer out there, in my opinion. There was also this version of Bring me to Life, but that's so bad it's hilarious. I hate Tumblr for putting that on my dash. xD

Might you be talking about Dunban? At least, he's my personal favourite from the original game, because not only is a fantastic mentor figure in the story, he makes a perfect tank when you get him as he learns a skill that skyrockets his evasion if he has no armour equipped. There is something hilarious about Dunban in nothing but boxer shorts drawing the attention of every enemy and never being hit by them. xD
    ...that one of his battle lines is "I am Dunban! Attack me if you dare!" only makes it that much more perfect.

No favourites from Xenoblade 2 as of yet...I'm going in blind, more or less. I mean, I watched part of the last direct until I realised they were going to go over game mechanics - and I find that dreadfully dull; I prefer to learn as I go - and about all I know is that the main character is called Rex and that Fyra (I think that's her name?) looks like a mechanised version of Cheria Barnes from Tales of Graces f. xD

Dreams. There are some memes out there that I absolutely cannot stand, and they never go away...I might not like a lot of the dreams I have - most are nightmares, actually - but at least those aren't omnipresent forces.

Gravel. I hate sand. It just gets...everywhere. It somehow finds its way into the smallest of places, where there ought not to be sand.

Water. I'd have a bit of trouble surviving in lava. Probably. I mean, I've not tried to or anything, but...

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    What's something you're always running out of?

Have you ever pulled an all-nighter?

14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    What's the longest book you've read? (page # wise)

Do you like mystery novels?

Favorite superhero?

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Your avatar makes me wonder...are you a wine drinker, or do you just hold the glass to look cool?

:: Do you believe you're good at distracting people?

:: Have you ever encountered a bull before?

16. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I didn't forget about this! I just...got pulled away over the Christmas period. Yeah. Sorry for the late replies ;w;

Patience.

Not intentionally...I've been kept awake all night by illness/noise/pain before, but I'm not an all-nighter sort of person. I need 5 hours of sleep and those hours have to be between 11 and 6. There is no flexibility there. All-nighters mean no sleep at all until the following night, and I don't function well without sleep. xD;

Hmm...I *think* it was Toll the Hounds, by Steven Erikson. That's 1296 pages in paperback, and the longest one of the series. They're all very hefty books and I don't think I've read any longer than that...although I buy all my books on my Kindle now, so some of them might be longer?

Not especially? I prefer fantasy novels, or occasionally science fiction. There isn't much escapism to be found in mystery novels, at least not for me.

Hrrrrrmn...Thor, maybe? Jason Aaron has been doing wonders for Thor's character for years now...that said, I actually really liked Otto Octavius as The Superior Spider-Man. I dunno if I have a favourite superhero as much as I do favourite story arcs of various superheroes.

The latter. There is nothing more dramatic than swirling the wine, making a dramatic proclamation, then throwing it the floor, after all.

Sometimes...it depends on who, and what I need to distract them from. I'm a fairly nondescript and uninteresting sort of person, which makes me a terrible distraction when there are interesting things happening, but a great one when there is nothing else to do. Everyone loves a mystery, right?

I have! I was...nine or ten, I think. A friend of mine led me out into a field, and it was out there. We weren't supposed to be out there, and we almost got caught by the farmer who owned the field. Not one of my finer moment, as I was grounded for a couple of weeks - which is like three years when you're that age - as a result. xD

17. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Have you ever rode on a horse before? If so, what was it like? If not, would you ever want to?

18. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I have, and it was HORRIBLE. It's like...driving over a speed bump slightly faster than you should. Repeatedly. The motion is awful and I definitely do not recommend it. Something I hope never to experience in my life again, haha.

19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Since nobody asked that yet, where does your username come from? And what about your current avatar?
    Why don’t you have a signature?
    If you could change your user title (Sailor at the moment), would you do it? If yes, what would the new one be?
    What’s your favorite rank color (VIP, Moderator, etc.)?

20. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    My username comes from "Afezeria" which means "blessed" in hymmnos; I'm something of an Ar Tonelico fan...or at least I was until the third game, and we got Ar No Surge but not Ciel No Surge. My current avatar is Utena Tenjou from Adolescence of Utena...I much prefer the movie to the TV series, and I think she looks better in it.

I don't really have anything to put in it? No gif, no pretty image, no links...I don't really need one, do I? xD

Probably not, if only because I can't think of what to change it too!

I like the glittery pink supporter colour...not quite enough to donate to get it, but still a fair bit.