1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

ideas I had for a fanfic

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by FifiandFurrball4ever, Aug 5, 2017.

1. FifiandFurrball4ever

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.7
    So I had some ideas for my fanfics but I'm not sure if they would be well received. I thought I'd talk about them here first and see what people think.

1.Aura Bonding: This is a lot like the Ash-Greninja thing but without any sort of form change. It's basically where a trainer and a Pokémon have a strong connection to the point where they can link their auras and through that can act and think in unison like they're the same person for a short time, but during this they can also feel each other's pain

2.Inferno Bond: A new Pokémon ability that fire starters can have. It basically raises their attack/how much damage fire attacks do based on their bond with their trainers.

3.Aura energy burst: One of my fanfics includes a character who's basically an alternate universe version of Yellow from Pokémon Adventures/Special, and I thought I'd give her a few extra powers. Basically with this power, when she has an outburst of rage she releases a lot of psychic energy, which can destroy or move things around her, double the levels of Pokémon in the area, and negatively effect psychic types who aren't powerful enough to handle it. However when she eventually calms down, she'll almost immediately faint.

4.Explanation for Missingno: In the fanfic it's a weird time/space rift on the shore of Cinnabar Island that no one can explain

2. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'd say that the first one is a really good idea for a fanfic. You can make a whole new region with lots of trainers using Aura bonding. I think that would be the most effective way to use it. You could have a whole story line based around the aura bonding and since others have the same power, it would make for some dramatic battles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sonic Ramon likes this.
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I agree with @SyWry the first idea seems like a better read. Good to explain a new bond relationship with people and Pokémon. Let me know how it goes if you decide to go through and write it.
    I'm down to read what you've got.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    The first idea reminds me of a story one of my favorite author's has, based on Pokémon Conquest where some characters can link their auras together and increase a certain stat to the max for a certain amount of time. The third idea also seems really neat!

5. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    The first idea sounds neat to me. I would totally read an fanfic involving such an idea because like @SyWry said, it does make up for some interesting yet intense fights if executed well. Assuming that the characters are well developed, this can easily be the cherry on top of a nice sundae. nwn

6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I like both the first idea, and the last idea. I would love to see what a person could make up for a story based on MisingNo.

7. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Aura bonding definitely sounds good, haven't thought of that one.