1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could retype a pokemon, wich would it be?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by IvarZeNorwegian, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'd make the Gothita line dark because they're clearly closer to dark types than psychic! Can't even count how often I tried to use moves that're super effective against dark types only to remember they're actually psychic. ;/

Then there's Luxio and Luxray. Electric/dark seems fitting, no?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Off the top of my head, I would immediately turn gyrados into a water/dragon type.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Lugia would make more sense to me if it was a Psychic/Dragon or Flying/Dragon, but Psychic/Flying is still cool. It just always seemed like a dragon to me.

Delcatty should have been a Normal/Fairy in my opinion, but it wouldn't really make much sense if it couldn't learn many Fairy moves.

Milotic really deserves to be Water/Fairy as well, the fairy-typing would really suit it. It's more than a fairy than Azumarill in my opinion at least, haha.

All of the 'tiny legendaries' like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Victini make more sense as Fairy-type than Psychic. Maybe Psychic/Fairy for Mew, Grass/Fairy for Celebi, Steel/Fairy for Jirachi, Water/Fairy for Manaphy, and Fire/Fairy for Victini. I guess I just see them as fairies anyway, so the Fairy subtype would fit them quite well.

WHY IS LUXRAY NOT ELECTRIC/DARK SERIOUSLY THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME STILL

Darkrai really makes sense as a Ghost/Dark type, I always thought it was one until I got one in an event.

Samurott seems more like a Water/Fighting type to me, but I'm not sure how well that typing would work on it.

The Flabébé line looks so much like Grass/Fairy types it's honestly surprising that they didn't go with that typing. They all learn a lot of grass moves, plus they are based on flowers. A STAB Energy Ball from a Florges would hurt so much.

4. Thundawave

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽132.8
    Ooh Electric/Dark sounds awesome for Luxray. Maybe in a mega? <3

I was disappointed in the Gardevoir's change to Psychic/Fairy because it seemed fine where it was. Though I could also see that line being Psychic/Grass too.

I'm still wondering why Goomy's line is even Dragon. Idk what exactly it could become, but aside from some moves, I can't imagine it as much of a Dragon type.

That's all I can think of for now lol.

5. cretaceousisle

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I think goodra is solid as a pure dragon, poison would give it ground weakness and it's fairly low defense would make earthquake an easy way to KO it, plus it looks like a dragon more so then say Garchomp does, so i can see them getting away with pure dragon. I do find Goomy and Sliggo having dragon types weird, I feel they should be poison. i remember my first encounter with Goomy I kept switching around to other guys trying to figure out what type the thing was (since I was surprised when it didn't resist Lucario's fighting attack and spent the forever trying to figure it out because dragon never even occured to me and I went around to all my friends showing it to them after catching it and saying "Guess its type, i bet you can't", none did.. I do agree with the other two though, at least Mega Gyarados as a water/gradon if nothing else.I have wanted a few of these in the past as well.

I vote for Masquerain to be bug/water, find that a more unique typing.
    I'd make Kangaskhan ground type, ground/normal perhaps
    I'd make Scyther bug/dark type to hopefully help it stand out from Scizor a bit, as it is a good Pokémon, it just is outshined in almost everyway by Scizor.It would be hurt by the loss of technition+STAB wing attack, which is pretty beastly but I think it could get some other dark moves, pursuit maybe, to make up for that.
    I think it be cool is we could get something better on Dusparsce some sort of bug typing I vote for, bug/ground, bug/rock bug/fairy, bug/nromal, bug/dragon, something like that.
    I find it odd Psyduck and Golduck aren't Psychic/water types, its in the name.
    I think Onix could use a pure rock or pure ground type
    Sunflora coul use a buff of some sort, maybe grass/fairy would help.
    Celebi could've used Fairy/grass, less weaknesses
    Octillery could use something other than just water, maybe water/ground
    Sceptile feels lacking without a duel typing, grass/dark or grass/dragon sounds good.

That's all I can think of..

6. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Adding to all the others above which I really approve, Lugia really should be Psychic/Water instead of Psychic/Flying. I simply can't imagine why GF didn't give the Beast of the Sea full control of its obvious psychic abilities, especially since it's so clearly implemented in the Lugia movie.

Also yay 200 posts! \o/

7. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Celebi - Fairy/Grass (So many weaknesses. At least the Fairy-type could help)

Milotic -Water/Fairy << I guess they might release a Mega for this, just like Gyarados

Masquerain - it was a waste to lose the water-type. It should have stayed bug/water

Psyduck/Golduck - Definitely should be Water/Psychic. They played big roles as a Psychic-type in the anime

8. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I'd retype Ninetales to Fire / Dark. Its moveset just suggests it should have another type. Fire alone just doesn't seem right.

9. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Steelix should be steel/rock instead of steel/ground in my opinion. It seems more rock-like than ground-like, because it's made out of rocks haha.

10. Wingmaster

Wingmaster The Tides of Destiny

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I feel like Banette or even just Shuppet should've gotten Ghost / Psychic...

11. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Weezing- Poison/Fire
    Yanmega- Bug/Dragon
    Meganium- Grass/Normal

Meganium would be normal for that STAB Body Slam.

12. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Just one thing: Celebi HAS to become a fairy type.
    I think everyone can see why XD

13. The Cynical Poet

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Looking at all the Pokémon from every generation, this is these are ones I felt are missed opportunities.

Gen I:
    Raticate: Normal/Dark - Raticate just has a very unkept look to it, very fitting for a Dark-type. Not to mention that Gen I needs some Dark-type representation.
    Likitung: Normal/Fairy - Lickitung's design just screams fairy to me for some reason. I feel like it pairs up nicely with other Fairy-types, such as Slurpuff.
    Chansey: Fairy - Since Chansey is always depicted as a caring and healing Pokémon, it would make sense for it to receive some of the mystical attributes of the Fairy-type.
    Porygon: Steel - I have no idea why Game Freak didn't decide to change Porygon's typing to Steel in Gen II, but it's a huge missed opportunity, considering that Porygon is a robot.

Gen II:
    Bellossom: Grass/Fairy - Aside from the fact Bellossom looks like a fairy in general, it would make sense for Gloom to, instead of losing its Poison-type upon evolving, switch to Fairy.
    Misdreavus: Ghost/Fairy - Come on, how awesome would a Ghost/Fairy be? Misdreavus fits the part perfectly.
    Porygon2: Steel - The same reasons as Porygon.
    Blissey: Fairy - The same reasons as Chansey, only Blissey looks even more like a Fairy.

Gen III:
    Masquerain: Bug/Fairy - I was disappointed when Surskit lost its Water-typing upon evolving. Bug/Flying is simply too overdone, and Masquerain looks exactly how a Fairy would if it were a bug.
    Skitty/Delcatty: Normal/Fairy - These two cats are simply overshadowed by too many Pokémon. Given some Fairy-type moves and STAB would definitely give them more of an edge than they already have.
    Milotic: Water/Fairy - Milotic is the very essence of beauty. Unless GF is planning on giving Milotic a Mega with part Fairy-type, this is a huge missed opportunity.

Gen IV:
    Luxray: Electric/Dark - I'm sure everyone agrees that Luxray looks exactly how an Electric/Dark-type Pokémon would, so it doesn't make sense why Luxray doesn't have this typing.
    Happiny: Fairy - The same reasons as Chansey and Blissey.
    Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy - For the same reasons as Misdreavus.
    Lickilicky: Normal/Fairy - The same reasons as Lickitung, only Lickilicky looks even more like a Fairy.
    Yanmega: Bug/Dragon - Come on, it's a dragonfly.
    Porygon-Z: Steel - For the same reasons as its pre-evolutions.
    The Lake Trio: Psychic/Fairy - I can understand why Pokémon such as Jirachi and Celebi can't be retyped to Fairy; they already have dual typing. But the Lake Trio are literal fairies; I don't understand how GF didn't do this.

Gen V:
    Audino: Normal/Fairy - Since Audino's mega already gains this typing, I'm not as upset about this one, but it still makes sense.
    Petilil and Lilligant: Grass/Fairy - Lilligant is based off of elegance (thus its name), so it would make sense for this typing.
    Mienfoo and Mienshao: Fighting/Fairy - Whenever I look at these two weasels, all I picture is them having a Fairy-typing. I feel like if there ever was to be this type combination, it'd look something like the Mienshao line.

Gen VI:
    Heliolisk: Electric/Dragon - I'm sure everyone was expecting Heliolisk to have either a Dragon-typing or another evolution. This little lizard has so much potential.
    Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra: Dragon/Poison - Competitively, Goodra would probably detriment from a Poison-type, but from a physical standpoint, it makes sense. Sludge is literally dripping off of this thing.

14. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm waiting for Milotic to become water/fairy.
    I also would really just love a Feliagator to be Water/fighting.

I also feel like shaymin should be grass/fairy and Mew should be psychic/fairy.

Lots of fairies!

15. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Milotic: Water/Fairy-type
    Luxray: Electric/Dark-type
    Skitty or Delcatty: Fairy-type
    Cresselia: Psychic/Fairy-type
    Groudon: Just FIre-type
    Ninetales: Fire/Psycchic-type
    Noivern: Dragon/Dark-type.

Those are all that should have different types in my opinion ^^;

16. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    yeah when x and y's fairy type was announced i thought of these two maybe getting changed (of course they weren't (lost opportunity))

17. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Altaria. I'm sorry but it does NOT look like a dragon, as much as I love the type I am pretty pick on looks for it lol. It should be pure flying, flying/normal or flying/fairy.

18. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Weezing- Poison/Fire
    Chansey/Blissey- Fairy
    Mega Salamence- Dragon/Steel
    Staraptor-Fighting/Flying

19. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Just off the top of my head I thought of another. Seviper. To me, it looks like it would be poison/dark, with it's black body. I think that would be a nice combo too! 8D Then it could take on psychics better, and maybe have a wider move pool since it can be an attacker or special attacker.

20. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Scolipede: Bug/Dragon
    Golduck: Water/Psychic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.