1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

International media

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by guest, Apr 29, 2017.

1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Are you one to stick to media produced in your own country or are your horizons broader? Do you enjoy music, games, movies, books etc from beyond your own boarders and, if so, which other countries hold your preferences? Is there a reason behind your choices or did you stumble across them by accident?

For those who don't branch out with their media, is there a reason why? Would you like to try looking outwards or are you happy with what you have already?

As for myself, I find that there's little English/British media that I consume. My music preferences are broad but especially focused in mainland Europe and the Far East... Most of the video games I enjoy are produced in America, Japan, and South Korea. My current favourite movie is Dutch and there're a fair few Chinese films in my to-watch list.
    I find myself wishing I was more interested in more readily available media though. Internet shopping makes merchandise relatively easy to gather but it would be nice to have more choice when I'm out shopping!

AeroHail likes this.
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't consume a lot of British media (I literally think Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and Come Dine with Me are the only things I watch when they happen to be on).
    I listen to music in all languages I can get a hold of. And I love being able to watch movies in different languages with subtitles. One of my fave movies is Spanish! <33

We're very lucky to be living in an age we can consume all types of media from all countries! Music and movies and games and even independent online content like lets plays and podcasts!

I don't even collect western toys, all my toys are japanese, korean or chinese. ^^;;; I wish I could just go to a store to buy them but I'm sorta glad at the same time. I'd have no money. I'd buy toys all day every day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  3. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I don't consume much media; usually the only reason I'll go on Yahoo is because someone said there's news that's not politicians doing politics or celebrities doing celebrity stuff. I definitely enjoy foreign material, films, and news, it makes for a nice change.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    If it's in English I'll give it a shot provided it looks decent, but if it's not then I definitely won't I don't want to translate anything I'm watching nor do I want to read subtitles. Snowpiercer was a solid movie that came out Korea for instance even if it used actors that spoke English for the majority, then ofcourse there is anime and video games the latter you'd be hard pressed to never play a game originating in another country considering there are so many countries that develop quality games be it America, France, Canada, Japan etc

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Well, there's not really a lot of media produced here, in comparison to things like British and American content, so most of what I enjoy is either form one of those or sometimes an Asian source. It's not like you can grow up here without having to watch a large portion of content from other places so it doesn't concern me where something comes from, as long as I like it. I'm into k-pop most recently :D And I love reading about british history.