1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 International Police Operations (Pikachoo x 122)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jan 31, 2020.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Picture Atelier as a silver-haired version of Fire Emblem's Robin)

"Hello there, Connor! Nice to meet you. Mars told me you'd be coming," Atelier replied, smiling. Like Mars, and unlike the chilly nature of the IP, Atelier's demeanor was quite pleasant. "Glad to finally have another agent to test out my new technologies. Now that Mars works part-time, she hasn't had the pleasure of trying all my new creations." Atelier went to fetch some items from his workshop table; likely the gadgets that Mars mentioned. "You'll need these to go out to the field. I'm told by the higher-ups, and Mars, that you're dealing with small investigations for now, so some equipment doesn't hurt."

He held out something like a beacon with a screen. "This is a heartbeat detector. It's not in its best shape yet until I've fully developed it. For now, it works to detect a maximum of any three beings from your position, not counting Pokémon. I might try to install radar onto it when there's a chance. It also can help pick your targets more easily." Then Atelier pulled out a baton. "Just in case you need to knock out someone quickly, for your defence, use this stun baton. Its powered by a particularly unstable electric force, but do be careful, because it might backfire on you. I'm trying what I can to mitigate them."

"As an IP agent, you mostly work with non-lethal weapons, but I'll let you pick when Mars gets..." Atelier's voice faded. "Ah, enjoying the cars, aren't you? They're all police cars, though we've had a small pleasure in issuing supercars for some of our agents for rapid response. Each car has a fire extinguisher and life support kit in there too, so they're like mobile first aid stations. Mars... Her car is that red-and-black Tokiwa GT-R45 over there... And it has police lights. Any car catch your eye?"

(I made up the car name. But Tokiwa is Viridian City, basically Yokohama where Nissan is based)

#21 Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    (Okay, the name you just came up with definitely sounds better, haha. I’m going to assume Atelier would be around the same age as Connor if he’s based on Robin)

“Hello! Wow, you definitely have quite the collection of gadgets here,” Connor smiled as he looked around, his smile a lot warmer than the one he had previously worn. Technology was so amazing, and Atelier’s collection was proof. “Believe me, I’m down to try every single gadgets you have in store - even prototypes. I’m willing to get shocked for the betterment of technology.” He couldn’t help but laugh at the last sentence.

The new IP agent inspected the equipment Atelier gave him, sincerely amazed by how cool they looked. Especially the stun baton; even with the risk of it backfiring. Smiling, he thanked Atelier and spoke, “I’m sure you’ll figure these out. You seem pretty smart so I’m not going to be surprised if I get a newer version of this sooner or later.”

Connor almost failed to hear Atelier as his gaze wandered off to the cars. He only heard a few bits from his sentence, “Police cars... supercars... Mobile first aid stations... Mars... Tokiwa... catch your eye?” As he snapped back in reality, realizing he had been asked a question, Connor quickly looked around, pointing at a black Kikyo car. “Uh, that one looks really cool. Not sure of the model and its number though.”

(I followed what you had done, I took Kikyo from Violet City’s Japanese name since it’s based off of Nagoya where Toyota is based)

3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Good assumption to make, and nice name! I also like what you did too with Nagoya. Also, fun fact, 'Toyota' is also its own city, but right at Nagoya's boundary. Car is based on the Toyota FT-1)

"When I manage to develop these gadgets further, I'll let you know! There will be newer versions for sure." Atelier said, laughing along with Connor. "I never had agents who are optimistic to get hurt by my tech, but glad it works out. Have fun with these!" He handed the equipment to Connor, happy that someone could test the gadgets. For Atelier, it was a pleasure to find another, besides Mars, who was as motivated to try the new stuff.

"That car... Ah, that's a supercar that Kikyo hasn't exactly put into production yet. Thankfully it isn't too expensive to produce either. It's called the FT-2," Atelier explained. "I've helped the engineers make some modifications to it, to improve its use in police work. It's surprisingly easy to control. Are you thinking of using the car?"

But before Connor could reply, Mars walked into the room, with a small smile on her face. "Having fun, Atelier?" she said.

"You bet, Mars," Atelier replied. "I was just giving Connor here a run-through of the cars, but he has what he needs. That reminds me, you need your things too." He handed Mars three black boxes. "These are barricades, designed to protect you. Just place these sideways, smash it to the ground, and a virtual wall will be set up for you. It has a lot of endurance and I'm still improving it. I'll let you know when there are upgrades, as I'm still finding ways to improve transporting the armour. Here are three medical packs, by the way. You never know when you'll need them."

Mars took the gadgets gratefully, and then Atelier moved on to show more equipment. "Here are some non-lethal weapons that you can use to subdue enemies, but hopefully you'll never need to use them."

There was a ballistic shield, an electric staff, and a fire fan.

4. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    “Ah who cares, minor shocks and scratches happen all the time and it doesn’t kill anyone,” Connor shrugged and smiled as he took this gadgets away. “I think I’ll be fine testing them out for you, nothing to worry about!”

As the two continued talking, he was surprised to learn about Atelier helping with the Kikyo FT-2. “Whoa, so you actually help modify these things? That’s amazing!” He had never met someone so engrossed in machines that it was actually inspiring for Connor to meet one. When asked if he wanted to give it a spin, his eyes widened, pointing to himself, “Wait, me?” He then pointed at the car, “Trying that?” And he pointed back to himself, “Are you sure? I-I mean I don’t mind t-the idea...”

He gave Mars a wave when she walked in, “Hello! This place is amazing, isn’t it? And filled with lots of gadgets too! This is exciting.”

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Mars chuckled, waving back at Connor and Atelier. "There is no telling what sorts of things Atelier can make, or what sorts of mayhem are in his head. He sure improved the IP equipment lineup, so I'm told, back when the IP was using less-than-impressive gadgets back then," she said, then she took a good look at Connor's eyes. "Still looking at those cars? That can wait when we have our weapons."

Mars proceeded to pick the ballistic shield as her choice of weapon. It was rectangular for providing some kind of body protection, yet small enough to be used as an easy-to-use weapon. But she also picked up the small ice rifle just in case. The rifle fired bursts of ice like an Aurora Beam.

As Mars was picking her weapon, Atelier turned to Connor again. "Anyways! I love to see what kind of gadgets I can add onto these cars too. It's quite fun, actually, and no one would suspect them to be police cars of all things." After Mars had picked her weapon, Atelier added, glancing at the Kikyo "the IP has a test facility in Oreburgh City where you can try out the cars and see which one you like. And I sure don't mind you trying the FT-2 over there. It actually hasn't been tested yet!"

Mars rolled her eyes. Boys really loved cars, didn't they? "We're going to Eterna City next, so I suppose we can stop at Oreburgh on the way there."

Atelier then handed over a second ballistic shield to Connor before showing him the weapons he could choose from.

Ballistic shield (deals steel damage; +10% Def while equipped)

Electric staff (deals electric damage; 10% chance to paralyze)
    Fire fan (deals fire damage; 10% chance to burn)
    Ice rifle (deals ice damage; 10% chance to freeze)

6. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    Connor’s face lit up. “A test facility... that makes me excited! Cars are always so fun to play around with, from simple racing activities to the complex features they offer.” His thoughts wandered for a moment before snapping back into reality.

“Oh, sorry! It’s just I’ve always wanted a car of my own,” Connor said as he went back inside to accept the Ballistic shield and check the weapons all laid out in front of him. Immediately, his eyes and hands move to the ice rifle, taking it in his hands. “Since Hunter is fire, maybe ice would work well as contrast?” However, when he realized how dumb it sounded in real scenarios, he stuttered, “O-oh, wait, n-no, I think the Electric staff is my choice.” The new agent put back the rifle with shaking hands and took the staff, sighing.

Connor breathed in and calmed himself down, his neutral face returning. It was scary how fast he was able to change his awkward face from earlier. “So what do we do next? Do we get to test these?”

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "You should probably get some combat practice. I agree," Mars said. Looking at the size of the rifle, she also wondered if there as anything smaller she could get her hands on. Atelier, noticing that, swapped out the ice rifle Mars had taken and replaced it with an ice pistol instead. That was much easier to use, Atelier and Mars agreed. As for the electric staff, it was about a metre in length and was surprisingly easy to control. It was also light, which helped.

Atelier then said, "I'll have the cars transported to our Oreburgh City facility. You can test the cars there as well as get some combat practice. They have the resources to get you some combat training."

"Might as well. We need to get to Eterna City anyway, so this should do for now. And Connor left his bike outside too..." Mars said, who also straightened her tie. She noticed Connor sigh. "Eh? Are you having second thoughts?"

8. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    Connor looked at the ice pistol, his eyes widening at how cool it looked - and he couldn’t help but think of a joke from that. It was a lot more portable for sure, but the Electric staff that he held kind of gave him a sense of superiority with how long it was - it looked like something a king or queen would wield.

Connor nodded when Atelier told them what they would find in Oreburgh City. He was excited about having the chance of trying cars, but was mostly excited with the chance of using the staff. The new agent shook his head when asked by Mars, “Oh no, I wasn’t thinking of anything, well, that’s a lie-“ he then coughed so that he would become more serious and before continuing, “is Eterna City going to be where our first investigation takes place?”

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Eterna City will be our first place of investigation, yes," Mars replied. "But you know, we ought to have some practice at the Oreburgh test facility first. You can't do policing without training first, you know." She looked at how Connor handled the staff and then she put her ice pistol away, storing it on the holster on her belt beside her Poké Ball. "That staff looks pretty neat on you. I'd like to see what you can do with it. But we should get going."

"Good luck, you two!" Atelier waved. "Maybe I'll see you around later. And don't worry about the cars. I'll have them delivered before you know it."

Before Mars and Connor could leave, Atelier handed a phone to each of them so they could stay in contact with the IP. They also functioned as distress signals too, just in case if they needed extraction and extraction only. Eventually, Mars and Connor (known as Eclipse and Wolf among IP ranks now) were up and out of the IP office and back to the Vista Lighthouse. There, Connor's bike was still in its same place.

"We should get going to Oreburgh City," Mars said. She took out a folding bike from her bag. "But the cars could wait. Let Atelier fix them up before he sends them."

#29 Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  10. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    As they went up through the elevator, Connor inspected the phone Atelier had given them. It looked very sleek and modern, making him excited. Technology was something that had always fascinated him and to see a small piece of tech do so many things, even functioning as a distress signal, was amazing.

Connor couldn’t help but smile when Mars mentioned the cars - it was definitely something to look forward to, kind of like a reward after a long day of training and possibly getting a few leads on his first case. “It’s going to be a long ride, but I don’t mind it really.”

The new IP agent took his bike beside the lighthouse where it patiently waited for Connor to return. He hopped on his bike and had to make sure that Hunter’s Pokéball and the new gadgets he obtained was still in his possession before getting ready to pedal.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "With our luck, we might make it to Oreburgh before dark and get some combat training done," Mars said. She had made sure that, like Connor, she had also secured all her equipment before getting on her bike. Even though twilight was arriving, there would hopefully be enough time to try out the weapons and the cars. Soon enough, Mars and Connor were well on the path towards Lake Valor, Route 213, and the resort area that overlooked the lake. The day was surprisingly quiet and pleasant too.

Mars smiled a little and felt a whiff of nostalgia. This area was the place where her new life began. In fact, shortly after her leave from Team Galactic and a failed attempt to enter the Distortion World, she ended up here where her friend-to-be found her. How long had it been since she had been here, anyway? Not too long, since she had to collect some Gym Badges on the way here. Mars never had a chance yet to compete in the League though, owing to the IP frequently calling her in for duty.

By the time they had approached Hearthome City, it was dark. That was far from expecting to arrive at Oreburgh City by dark, as Mars had hoped.

#31 Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  12. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    The cool Hearthome City breeze once again hit Connor as he and Mars arrived. The two passed by Connor’s former academy and it instantly reminded Connor that it hadn’t been too long since he was last here. Just a few hours ago he was scrambling to get his valuables out of his cramped dorm room after finding out that he had been selected by the IP to work with them. There was a hint of sadness in Connor’s eyes. He had spent most of his time in the school’s dorm, studying in Hearthome City’s most prestigious Pokémon academy for about six years. He began to wonder where some of his friends have gone off to - perhaps they have decided to begin traveling the Sinnoh region to complete the Pokédex, or perhaps the world in order to meet new Pokémon. Maybe some have gone off to become Pokémon Coordinators instead? Connor would probably never know, but he was hoping to meet some of them again at least.

Shaking off his melancholic thoughts, Connor looked at the sky and noticed how dark it was already. Turning to Mars, he spoke, “Should we find a place to spend the night for now? Or do we continue our trip?”

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "We probably should do that. I'm tired already..." Mars rubbed her head. She hadn't been to Hearthome City for a while. The most memorable time she had done that in recent times was when she had challenged Fantina for a Gym Badge and won quite easily, owing to her experience. She and Connor biked past the cathedral, the Gym, and eventually stopped at the Hearthome Contest Hall, so that Mars could call the Oreburgh facility and notify they would be late. After Mars had finished with the call, she turned to Connor and noticed his expression. "You lived here for a time, didn't you? I'm sure you might know a few places where we can rest, aside from the Pokémon Center..."

But before Mars could say any more, the sound of a loud commotion was erupting from the Contest Hall. It wasn't cheering and sounded more like panic instead and people started rushing out of the doors. "Oh dear," Mars remarked. "Looks like something is going on." They walked to the Contest Hall to find the people, fresh from watching a contest, coughing and breathing through their sleeves or with cloths. Something was wrong. There wasn't any fire as far as Mars was concerned, given there was no smoke. But as she walked closer to the doors, she also started to cough and quickly backed away.

"There's pepper spray in the air..." she muttered, and then spoke with their codenames. "Okay, Wolf. Let's talk with the officials." And then they went forward to find the administrators of the Contest Hall. After a brief conversation, Mars then turned to the crowd and flashed her IPI ID to them. "Police!" she said in a commanding voice. "I need everyone to remain here for brief questioning, if you will." Then she turned to Connor. "Wolf: go in and gather what evidence you can in and outside the hall. When you've gotten enough, return to me and let's see what we can do about this. Let's say this is your first try at solving a case."

She handed Connor an earpiece. "I'll be staying here to interview everyone for clues. If you need clues, contact me with this and I'll do what I can to help you."

Situation
    Pepper spray filling the Hearthome Contest Hall forced its closure

Objectives
    Determine if the pepper spray originated inside or outside
    Find where the pepper spray originated
    Gather evidence
    Determine the cause(s) of the pepper spray

(First crack at making a puzzle here)

14. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    “Okay... what just happened here?” Connor looked around as crowds of people left the Contest Hall. The smell of pepper filled the air around the hall, forcing him to cover his nose with his hand. Connor followed Mars around before he received orders to investigate.

Connor nodded at Eclipse as he took the earpiece from her. “I’ll do my best.” The new agent went back near the front door, eyes steeled, taking in a deep breath - completely forgetting about the pepper spray. “Ack, agh, completely forgot about that.” When he realized that he was already wasting time, he shook his head and headed for the left side of the building. Perhaps there was a clue left behind - some trace of as to why this happened.

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Outside, Mars was questioning people for clues but had positioned everyone further away from the Contest Hall to ensure their safety. With her notebook and pen, Mars began recording clues and parts of witness testimony in the hopes that something good might come out of it. So far, she was getting a general consensus that everyone felt the effects of the spray while they were watching a contest. She also interviewed others who claimed the pepper spray was felt outside the main hall as well.

(Solve the puzzle by using the constraints and asking Mars for clues until you've narrowed it down to something reasonable. I don't know how well this will work out)

16. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Swimmer

Jirachi Egg
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.1
    (Should I also help with providing some clues around the perimeter?)

When Connor reached the left side of the hall, there wasn't anything remotely suspicious except for the faint smell of pepper spray. There were some grates at the lower sides of the walls and a few doors which were meant for staff. There were no marks or traces left anywhere by the perpetrators. There were also no traces of them vandalizing the walls, so perhaps their main motive was to just get everyone out from the hall. It was strange though, the contest was already over and everyone was about to leave, so what was the point?

Feeling stuck, he had to contact Mars and ask for some information, and possibly help. "Uh, Eclipse?" He said, fiddling with his earpiece. "Did you get some info with... well, anything?"

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Feel free to add clues! They're like adding more constraints to help you narrow and deduce the solution, as long as they actually do narrowing, like math)

Mars had completed a round of interviews and was about to continue with another round when Connor called in. Putting her interviews on hold, she motioned the civilians to hold still while she went to the call. She asked Connor for whatever information he had gotten so far, and then wrote them in her notebook. Somehow, there had to be a way to solve this puzzle.

Constraints (Clues)
    - 1. Civ: pepper spray occurred during contest, contest had not finished
    - 2. Civ: many people panicked, staff directed everyone to leave through one exit
    - 3. Staff: air vents exist in contest hall, for venting out air
    - 4. Staff: no valuables exist in contest hall
    - 5. Staff: event was an entry-level contest
    - 6. Staff: pepper was less intense outside the main hall
    - 7. Wolf: no suspicious acts of vandalism
    - 8. Wolf: left side of hall has fainter(?) smell of pepper

"That's all I have on my notebook, Wolf. Based on this trend, I would guess that this was an act of mischief," Mars said. "There is nothing of value, except cash perhaps, that is worth taking from this building. Also, there is no vandalism as you've reported. If anything, someone was trying to take pleasure in disrupting an entry-level contest."

Mars added, "If the left side of the hall has a fainter smell, then it may be that the pepper spray originated on the right side of the hall, and either indoors or outdoors. What evidence could you find?"